Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 533139 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2006, 05:13:54 pm »
About my avatar, I had to give Heath a chance. I actually wanted to put a pic of Jake doing the santa hat dance in Jarheard but the ones I found are too dark. Can't find a good one.  :-\  But, Heath'll do. He looks sexy and sweet in that pic, doesn't he?  :D

I was going to put up my Jarhead Merry Christmas one that my LJ friend made. She has a good Santa hat one too, would you still like to have it?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2006, 05:20:09 pm »
update to "Dupree's Choice"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/171692.html  "6.  Ellery"

SPOILER

“Because I can’t drink coffee, and I can’t smoke cigars, an I can’t eat no salty food, and I can’t have sex. That’s
why.”

“Good reasons.”

“And I’ll bet there ain’t one a the things on that list yer prevented from, except maybe the last one, an you got no end a interested parties, I am sure.

Phew, if only he knew  ::)

great chapter louise and that last line!  ;D hahahaha
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2006, 05:22:26 pm »
SPOILERS

Well, Louise you are certainly spoiling us still with upates.

I feel sorry for Paula, although I didn't fall in on the fact he had a crush on Ellery. Treat 'em mean keep 'em keen eh?  :) Are you going to write in a character for her to have some romance with (then again this is Dupree's Choice)?

As for Ellery, he is like a bear with a sore head! Dupree always seems to bear the brunt of it. I'm waiting for the day that Dupree tells him to get lost (or words to that effect). Ellery had a point to what he was saying, but his delivery could have been a little more gentle. Dupree could really do with some careful handling about now. Maybe another chat with Ennis is in order.

As for Ellery, he really needs to get laid. Soon. Really, really soon.

Karen

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2006, 05:25:00 pm »
I'm surprized that Ellery didn't know about Nick?

Dupree did tell Ennis about hooking up with him didn't he?.    I just kinda figured Ennis would have told Ellery the news.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2006, 05:25:21 pm »

As for Ellery, he really needs to get laid. Soon. Really, really soon.

Karen

He gets laid on November 12, 1984.

Today is October 29.

Ellery has 14 long days ahead of him....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2006, 05:26:06 pm »
SPOILER

Okay, this is probably a stupid question . . but Ellery knows about Nick because Ennis told him - but he is just pretending he doesn't know because Ennis told him not to let on that he knows?  Or something like that?  And that's why he was asking Dupree if he was with Jeeves and not Nick?

So many great lines!  Very funny.  I especially like how Ellery got distracted thinking about Ennis!  

It will be very interesting to see the interaction with Paula - with Ellery (now that we know how she feels) and with Dupree after their non-date.  

Great chapter, Louse!

Thanks - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline opinionista

« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2006, 05:27:17 pm »
SPOILER

SPOILER

“Because I can’t drink coffee, and I can’t smoke cigars, an I can’t eat no salty food, and I can’t have sex. That’s
why.”

“Good reasons.”

“And I’ll bet there ain’t one a the things on that list yer prevented from, except maybe the last one, an you got no end a interested parties, I am sure.

Phew, if only he knew  ::)

great chapter louise and that last line!  ;D hahahaha

I think Ellery did know or at least suspected Dupree had a wild weekend with the sailor. He isn't stupid. He brings the sex topic for the second time in less than 10 minutes to try to make Dupree talk or at least to guess it from his reaction. But if I was Dupree I would've told him "Actually, I ain't prevented of none!"  ;D

I'm surprized that Ellery didn't know about Nick?

Dupree did tell Ennis about hooking up with him didn't he?.    I just kinda figured Ennis would have told Ellery the news.

Ellery doesn't know for a fact Dupree had a wild weekend with the sailor. Ennis did tell him about Nick and about the upcoming date with Samuelson, but also asked him not to say anything to Dupree, especially about the Nick part. Which is why Ellery was hinting. Ellery hinted twice in his ten minutes or less conversation with Ellery.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 05:34:07 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2006, 05:35:24 pm »
About my avatar, I had to give Heath a chance. I actually wanted to put a pic of Jake doing the santa hat dance in Jarheard but the ones I found are too dark. Can't find a good one.  :-\ 

Nat .. I did an anime of that santa hat dance ..  ;D ;D

Ok ..ok..sorry ..

Back to Licky Nicky and Do-me Dupree!   ;D

*bolts*

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2006, 05:41:48 pm »
okay, Jake in that anime just made me dizzy.

About Ellery acting like he doesn't know:  Ennis said:

“He don’t know I am spillin all this ta you so ya can’t go gettin on his ass about it, darlin.”

So Ellery is playing dumb.  He don't know nothin' and he is giving Dupree a chance to tell him about his man sex adventure - and come out.  Because to Ellery, it's a simple thing.

So when he says:

“No, we did talk about it, I swear. But then she asked me about my night job an then she asked if I was queer –“

“And you of course said ---“

“I don’t have ta talk about this – she left anyhow. So that’s that. End a disclosure on fraternization with the D.A.’s staff.”

“Not so fast, Jeremy. How come I got the feelin you ain’t tellin me everything?”

He was opening the door to let Dupree come out.  And he didn't.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2006, 05:57:10 pm »
Poor Jeremy....  finally figured out he doesnt want the ladies.  Still can't fess up to Ellery.   

What Dupree really needs is to spend some quality time with Nick out of the sack.   <did I just say that?>   LOL

Maybe when he see's that they can hang out together in public, he'll feel more comfortable with all this.   

Naw,  Nick doesn't have unlimited shore leave time.  They'll be naked in less than 5 minutes when they see eachother next!