Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 533109 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #340 on: December 09, 2006, 12:30:15 pm »
SPOILER

*whew!*  I'm glad you folks didn't get out the pitchforks before I got a chance to give a glimpse into what I was doing with Licky Nicky!  I had to find out the verdict on whether Nick was coming across as the complicated character he is.  It is all well and good for Lance to size people up in terms of the sharpness of their shark teeth for his own purposes, but that is a relatively simplistic view - but then again, Lance's perspective reflects his own rather more simple demands of life and of lovers.

Nah, no pitchforks - LOL!  I had faith in you, Louise!  :) After reading so many wonderful, insightful chapters of the Laramie Saga, I knew you wouldn't create a cliche, one-dimensional character.  As for Lance, as much as I also feel sorry for him (it seems to me that he's looking for love, also, no?) I don't think he's someone I would go to for advice or a clear perspective! 

Amazing writing, Louise.  The last chapter "Nick" had me in tears.  I don't think I could love Jeremy more.  And I've developed a soft spot for Nick - so young and he's been through so much!

Thanks again - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #341 on: December 09, 2006, 12:33:18 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #342 on: December 09, 2006, 12:42:32 pm »
I think alot of us have been in a relationship where it started sexually and the dating part was the honeymoon where both parties are on their best behavior.   Then after a while when you start spending weekends together you realize that you have nothing in common with this person and then it all starts falling apart.

Been there,  done that!

I was thinking the exact same thing!!.
I know a lot of people are really smitten with Nick. I am still undecided exactly because of what David wrote.

I've experienced falling "madly in love" with guys, (especially in my early 20's), only to get a rude wake up call once I actually got to know them…In my experience, the long-lasting relationships have a slow build-up, with guys  who "grew on me".

Hey, I wasn't even that impressed with my husband, on our first date… ;)

Of course, some people have a very different experience, and would react very differently to this situation.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #343 on: December 09, 2006, 12:48:24 pm »
Just a picture of our favorite boys to warm us up on this chilly Saturday.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #344 on: December 09, 2006, 12:54:10 pm »
SPOILER CHAPTER 18
Oh poor Paula!   She walked right into that!    And of course Ellery is still ornery because of the lack of.... well, everything!    LOL.

At least Dupree started to be nice to her.   She did open the door with the remark about the ring though.   Maybe at this point she'll forgive Dupree about the bad date because she is focusing her anger at Ellery.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #345 on: December 09, 2006, 01:18:13 pm »
David, you are just David-on-the-spot with those lovemaking pics!

Holy cow!  Do you know how - inspirational these are to see when I am typing away the next chapter?

If anyone has any complaints about how frequently Nick and Jeremy dive into bed, and what they do there, bring it to the David Lovemaking Department.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #346 on: December 09, 2006, 02:33:00 pm »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #347 on: December 09, 2006, 03:56:13 pm »
another update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/175264.html  "20.  Nick"

Offline opinionista

« Reply #348 on: December 09, 2006, 04:23:55 pm »
SPOILER

This chapter made me feel sorry for Nick. He is clearly an emotionally troubled young man.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #349 on: December 09, 2006, 04:30:06 pm »
SPOILER

This chapter made me feel sorry for Nick. He is clearly an emotionally troubled young man.

i agree. This was difficult to read...
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'