Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 532708 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #350 on: December 09, 2006, 05:13:10 pm »
updates are not done for the day, folks.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #351 on: December 09, 2006, 06:11:27 pm »
I feel sad and sorry for Nick and his obvious sadness and low self esteem but I really didn't like him having sex with Ray the lumber yard guy  :(

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #352 on: December 09, 2006, 06:33:12 pm »
okay, another update for the greedy Laramie Tales readers:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/175432.html  "21. Chas"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #353 on: December 09, 2006, 06:51:24 pm »
SPOILER

I feel sad and sorry for Nick and his obvious sadness and low self esteem but I really didn't like him having sex with Ray the lumber yard guy  :(

Well, Nick is depressed, scared and hurt. If you really look at it he has gone through a lot in the past two days, and apparently past few months too. And some people when they get depressed, they become a danger to themselves. It was a desperate act, that didn't really mean anything. I felt very sorry for him. He really needs someone like Jeremy who could put him in the right path, with love. He really does.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #354 on: December 09, 2006, 07:31:23 pm »
SPOILER

Well, Nick is depressed, scared and hurt. If you really look at it he has gone through a lot in the past two days, and apparently past few months too. And some people when they get depressed, they become a danger to themselves. It was a desperate act, that didn't really mean anything. I felt very sorry for him. He really needs someone like Jeremy who could put him in the right path, with love. He really does.

Yeah, thanks Natali, I agree it was a desperate act done out of loneliness and desperation and I really feel for him. I just hope he doesn't do it again but I have a feeling he will. He really does need somebody like Jeremy, doesn't he?
*Sigh* ~ I feel so so sorry for saying I wanted to punch him for his reaction to Jeremy's requests, I guess I was just mad at him but now all I feel is sorry for how messed up he is  :(

Offline opinionista

« Reply #355 on: December 09, 2006, 08:01:52 pm »
Yeah, thanks Natali, I agree it was a desperate act done out of loneliness and desperation and I really feel for him. I just hope he doesn't do it again but I have a feeling he will. He really does need somebody like Jeremy, doesn't he?
*Sigh* ~ I feel so so sorry for saying I wanted to punch him for his reaction to Jeremy's requests, I guess I was just mad at him but now all I feel is sorry for how messed up he is  :(

Jack did a similar thing if you recall. Upon Ennis's rejection -when he drives all the way to Wyoming after learning about his divorce-, he goes to Mexico to get laid with hustlers. Nick is in he same boat right now. Well, more or less, no quite the same. It is a different situation, but still...
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #356 on: December 09, 2006, 08:13:34 pm »
SPOILER

In this case, I think, it is a bit more clear that rather than acting upon loneliness and disappointment from the frustration of his limited relationship (a la Jack), Nick is actually balking against some boundaries being set up for him and reverting to self-destructive pickup behavior, when he had already made some rather definite pronouncements about wanting to be serious with Jeremy.

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #357 on: December 09, 2006, 08:28:32 pm »
SPOILER

Nick - A damaged young boy behind that confident, cocky facade. He's got a lot of growing up to to do. His meeting Jeremy may just be the start of his journey to adulthood.

Paula - Her blurting out that comment about Ellery's ring was embarrassing. But she is deeply attracted and off balance around him. She was surprised and dismayed to see the ring and and she let it show. Search your collective memory banks people. It happens!

Jeremy - Seems to be slowly getting his act together and getting a grip on the situation. Nick did Jeremy a service in awakening him sexually. Perhaps Jeremy can return the favour by awakening Nick emotionally and ethically.

PS Ellery would probably see straight through Nick's facade if he ever meets him.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #358 on: December 09, 2006, 08:32:05 pm »
RE:  CHAPTER 20.

NO!!

Why Nick?   why would you possibly do that?    :'(   :'(  :'( :'(

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #359 on: December 09, 2006, 08:47:23 pm »
I am in shock...   

Boy did Nick blow it.    There is no way to recover from that mess he just made!

ARRRG!    >:(