Author Topic: Missin' you...a shout out to the CT community  (Read 6561 times)

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
Re: Missin' you...a shout out to the CT community
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 07:54:59 am »

Hey Jenny,

We love ya.  And we ain't goin nowhere either... We are "Jack" to your "Ennis"..  See you when you can make it hear, pretty lady.

;D
Chut up!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 09:31:13 am »
The great thing is...when we feel like catching up, everything will still be here! No troll bombing thanks in part to you!  :D
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 01:37:39 pm »
Hey Jenny,
Good luck with all the paperwork, finding a new place to pasture the sheep, keeping the dumbass mules in line.....need to go catch a few of 'em myself...
We'll be here when you come back for the next can of beans.
How could you possibly think we'd ferget a lively lil' gal like yourself?

And Sarah, and latjoreme, ditto this:
didn't try to press her hand on the hot burner of how I really feel about it.  It doesn't translate.  I love you guys.

I am learning just to keep my mouth (pretty much) shut. It never works, for me anyway, to gush in the way I would normally be inclined to do. Nobody gets it, and I just wind up scaring them. Thank god for you guys.

ditto again - Took a friend to see it last week, got the "It was good" then a friendly, but basically incredulous "What  do you guys talk about on that message board?"  Tried to explain....sigh.

It's sorta like Joe Aguirre with his binoculars (but without the creepiness).  They may see the same things as us, but it's from far away and without the necessary understanding er sumthin'
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 01:40:03 pm by fernly »
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 02:42:02 pm »
Tell you what, Jenny. Truth is...sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 03:24:10 pm »
Jen, atleast you will have my surprise to (hopefully) cheer you up in a few days.
I could never forget about you Jen! You have your very own place in my heart along with every other Brokie on here. It is surprising I have enough heart left to love my family and friends, but somehow I do.
I will probably face the same situation when I go back to school. But I do not have to worry yet as I am on my "holiday". Plus my "holiday" means I have more time to get your present together! LOL This whole surprise thing is getting more and more intriguing isn't it?  ;)

I guess it will be more like Paper Mountain than Brokeback Mountain for you then. :-*
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 03:49:44 pm »
I know the exact feeling.  I was so proud of myself yesterday - actually did LOTS of stuff other than stay on-line, and then at 9:00, I shut down everything and just had some quiet time & went to bed. 

It's wonderful to have some balance back - not to embrace or reject one thing completely, but find the right time and space for everything. 

Thanks for the update - good to know you're doing fine.  Be seeing ya ver' soon again, no doubt!

Celeste
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 04:01:26 pm »
Jenny.

I love you gal. I have been really bad at emailing you this last week or so. I promise to wrtie you a big soppy email soon, which I don't expect a reply to. Okay!

and you go gal, you can indeed find a funky job

MWA!

(and ps now you ahve ne singing that song - DAMN you jenny!)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 04:05:24 pm »
Oh yeah I almost forgot! If you find the time, Jen(it is alright if I call you that, isn't it?), come over to the CASTING.....Casting for the C.T reinactment of Brokeback Mountain.
I suggest you get yourself over there young lady so I can cast you a role, otherwise you will have to put up with being sheep # 243.
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=656.0

You need to get your ass over there too Kelda and decide if you want to be Cassie or not.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 01:03:51 am »
I got my ass over there and signed up to be the horse with the low startle point! I've been wantin' someone name a Jack to ride me for a while, now here's my chance!

LOL. Hey, speaking of laughing out loud, I get here at midnight after spending half the night checkin for damn coyotes over on some other yahoo group, and start laughing immediately, then freaking out at all I've missed today! 300 new posts for the rtprod swooning thread to read!
So I've decided--from now on it's work on stuff till 10 pm, and then party with y'all from 10 till 12:30 or 1am! And maybe a quickie at lunch....hehehe.

That sounds like a plan. Makes me happy. A balanced brokie is me.

;D Jenny ;D
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 01:25:58 am »
Good for you Jenny. I need to work out some kind of schedule like that!