Author Topic: Completed Jack and Ennis Fanfic  (Read 96404 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jack and Ennis Fanfic
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2007, 02:02:33 am »
Hey Amanda, thanks for helpin' out!   :-*  I was going to get to 48 Days sooner or later, but of course that is one of the premiere Ennis and Jack fanfics.   And Testa_Dura said she was going to write a sequel, yeaaaa!!!   ;D

I am going to add all of your recs to the OP of the thread, here is it's link:

http://72.232.132.224/forum/index.php/topic,6828.msg128645.html#msg128645

PS Amanda:  Sorry, I don't know what's what with Lost, but I will add it as one of your recs anyway.  Thanks Bud...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 02:07:10 am by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2007, 02:37:03 am »
Janie-

Is "delMar Painting" to AU!AU for this compilation or should I move it to the other non-E/J thread?

It is moving up the list of my favorites. Thanks for making me step outside my cube again Minch!

O0

Heathen

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2007, 02:48:06 am »
Janie-

Is "delMar Painting" to AU!AU for this compilation or should I move it to the other non-E/J thread?

It is moving up the list of my favorites. Thanks for making me step outside my cube again Minch!

O0

Hey Rouxb, that's a tough one.....  ultimately it is Ennis and Jack, so you don't have to move it.....  but it hasn't been recommended yet, is this an official recommendation Rouxb?   .....Rouxb, you are gonna hafta start shouldering some of the burden of updating the OP,   :P.  (j/k)   ;)

J

PS Rouxb and all Readers of del Mar Painting:  did you see the drabble that b73 wrote today on dMP?  It's just like she added another chapter, and it's gooooooood!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 03:17:16 am by JakeTwist »

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2007, 09:23:51 am »
Jane ~ do you mean 'Autopsy Mauve'? God, it was brilliant! I loved it SO much and was SO thankful AND surprised to see it come up!

I have about 5 or 6 absolute fave fics and dMP is one of the best imo. I think Maggie is a genius and she writes like an angel  :)

Thanks Roux  :)

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2007, 10:42:17 am »
Thanks for making me step outside my cube again Minch!

I do what I can  ;)

I think Maggie is a genius and she writes like an angel 

me too! I'm the same way June, I have about 5 or 6 faves and I think three of Maggie's fics are right at the top  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2007, 03:54:55 pm »
Wow, I don't know how I didn't think to recommend this one right away.  In honor of our very own fanfic mod,  A Love Born From Steel should definitely be on the list of (very sweet) Jack and Ennis fanfics.  Also the sequel Through the Veil of Time.

I think I'm just going to post the links to the threads here on this forum about these stories.

A Love Born from Steel - http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,312.0.html

Through the Veil of Time- http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,2981.0.html

Also, I don't know if people have noticed yet, but I thought I'd report that:

haunted_by_BBM's  PINE CREEK (SEQUEL TO "Missing Motel Moments")

Has been updated recently.
 :D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 04:12:49 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2007, 04:55:19 pm »

I don't know if people have noticed yet, but I thought I'd report that:

haunted_by_BBM's  PINE CREEK (SEQUEL TO "Missing Motel Moments")

Has been updated recently.
 :D

Ah yes Amanda, I have been slacking off.  I was going to go back and add those two links to the OP, and also the links for the second story by 1 of One.  Never enought time....

Again to remind everyone, all the recs are being copied to the first post on Page One of this thread.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2007, 05:35:32 pm »
Wow, I don't know how I didn't think to recommend this one right away.  In honor of our very own fanfic mod,  A Love Born From Steel should definitely be on the list of (very sweet) Jack and Ennis fanfics.  Also the sequel Through the Veil of Time.

Amanda,

Thanks so much for that recommendation! I really appreciate it.

For anyone who is wondering, I do plan to update Through The Veil Of Time, very soon! Real life interfered in the form of the holidays and I fell behind. But the Christmas tree is down, the decorations put away, and I am getting back on track.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2007, 07:04:56 pm »
I second Amanda's rec... A Love Born From Steel was my first fan fic ever and it still brings a smile to my face to think about it... it showed me Jack and Ennis could have that sweet life  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2007, 08:04:29 pm »
Amanda,

Thanks so much for that recommendation! I really appreciate it.

No problem Bud!   :-*   A Love Born From Steel was also the very first fanfic that I read ever!  I really do think it's great (and... like I said, sweet... which is always good).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 11:24:31 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie