Author Topic: Jake Gyllenhaal hosting SNL in January 07  (Read 18359 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Gyllenhaal hosting SNL in January 07
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 03:51:30 pm »
Wouldn't THAT be great?      A skit with Jake where Heath pops up by surprize?    Heath could say :"I wish I knew how to quit you!"      :laugh:

I agree!  Would be priceless!
I am secretly hoping that Heath makes a surprise appearance .. even for 1 teeny-tiny skit!

I don't watch SNL anymore, haven't done so forever .. it just got boring ..lol.. I can't even remember what channel it's on ..
But for Jakey, I will be there!  ;)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 04:10:54 pm »
Hell, I can barely keep a thought about anything else in my head, I'm so looking forward to this!  Terribly sad, I know, but true.

No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 04:24:03 pm »
Hopefully somebody will post it on youtube so we Europeans can see it too!  :-\

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 04:48:06 pm »
Hopefully somebody will post it on youtube so we Europeans can see it too!  :-\

I'm sure someone will.  I would if I knew how.  As it is, I'll be TiVo'ing it and can certainly transfer it to videotape* for any interested Europeans.  PM me if you are.

I'm all about sharing the joy.  :)

* Disclaimer:  Said videotapes will not be offered for resale; maker will not profit in any way from making them.  (Just covering myself in the event of any possible legal action.)
No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 05:09:44 pm »

I'm all about sharing the joy.  :)

;D    :-*

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 02:37:28 am »
Hell, I can barely keep a thought about anything else in my head, I'm so looking forward to this!  Terribly sad, I know, but true.

You are not sad at all to be looking forward to Jake on SNL.  Im not much of a tv watcher but you bet ill be in front of the set Saturday night at 11:30 channel 8 - NBC.  I cant wait to see him smile, hear him talk, and look at that beautiful hair, body and of course those beautiful baby blues.  Hey wont it be perfect if he shows some skin for us...

Offline David

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 03:45:49 pm »
Good point, Leslie.  I noticed that Steve Martin and Martin Short did cameos for Alec Baldwin's last hosting.

I can just imagine a BBM spoof:  Jake's in the tent, his partner under a blanket and....Heath reveals himself!  Or, make the spoof about "straight" cowboys (are there any of those left?) and have Michelle pop out of the tent. 

As long as Jake shows some skin. ;)

Ooo!   Rember how Alec Baldwin used to do those skits where he was the gay Boy Scout leader?   

How about a BBM style tent scene with Jake where Alec Baldwin steps out of the tent?     He he he!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 04:51:45 pm »
Good one, David.

Of course, if Alec is unavailable, I'm sure one of us would be happy to fill in. :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 09:33:04 pm »
Hey Buds, I propose that we organize a chat here at BetterMost during and/or after Jake's appearance on SNL.  It might be great to guage reactions and responses right after the actual show.  I'm going to start a thread about it in Social Forum!
cheers
Amanda
 :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 06:27:37 am »
I can't imagine anything but that Jake will be perfect for SNL! He's got the right sense of humour, and doesn't takle himself too seriously, and he's got the style *and* the looks...... They'll probably make him look really weird in some of the skits.

My main gripe, of course, is that this show doesn't air for the whole world to see it. I can only cross my fingers and rely on some kind soul getting it all out on YouTube or the like, so us non-Americans can join in the fun.

*insert nodding head icon here* Yes - those of you with technical skills - get it posted on you tube for us!!!!

(also Barb thatnks for the though - but are US video tapes not differnt to Euros? I ahve iot in my head they are..... but I could be totally wrong!  )
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/