Author Topic: Drag Queen shows - inappropriate behavior?  (Read 2968 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Drag Queen shows - inappropriate behavior?
« on: January 02, 2007, 09:00:40 pm »
For New Year's celebration, I and a friend of mine (we're both straight females) went to the local gay bar for dancing and to watch the show.

I understand that such shows are like burlesque and are more rowdy than say a Las Vegas show, but was it appropriate for the performer to stop by my chair in the middle of the performance, and with the spotlight on me in front of a crowd of hundreds, stick her hand down my top and fondle my breasts?   :o

I was wearing a corset top, but it wasn't a constructed top.  That is, I wasn't hanging out of it as I would be had I been wearing a real corset bodice (like you see at Renaissance Faires).  My top merely displayed that I had cleavage.

Is this appropriate or typical behavior for a performer in such shows?

injest

Re: Drag Queen shows - inappropriate behavior?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 09:05:07 pm »
Uh NO?

no matter what type top you were wearing.

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 09:21:03 pm »
no
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 10:13:48 pm »
Appropriate behavior? No, never.

Typical behavior for that type of show? Wouldn't surprise me.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 10:17:49 pm »
OMG!    That was so wrong!        I would have complained to the management.

I find that some drag is funny, but a little goes a long way.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 10:33:46 pm »
NO!  No way, No how!  :( One of my co-workers is a drag queen in his spare time, raising funds for charity. Bob and I have attended many of their shows and even went to the Imperial Ball one year.  I cannot imagine him or any of his compatriots doing such a demeaning thing to anyone.  Sounds to me like this "girl" was a bit of a misogynist. Probably jealous your cleavage was real and "hers" wasn't.  Some Queens are so bitchy.   I would have complained to the management too.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 11:08:40 pm »
OK, thanks for the input.

I was a little flabbergasted.  I wasn't sure how to react.  I couldn't exactly stand up and bitch slap her, considering she was in the middle of her act.

So then I thought considering how much fondling the performers were willing to put up with from their audience, I thought maybe it was typical of the show.

Was that out of line too?  Don't know about elsewhere, but when men go to strip bars (where women are stripping), they can tip the girls, but they never never never never touch them.  It's against the law.  When women go to strip bars (where men are stripping), we can touch, but few women are bold enough to get any more personal than a kiss and a butt pat.

The guys in the audience were sometimes very personal with these performer's breasts and asses.

Were these girls just low-rent and just ignored the fondling they got as part of the job description or is that typical?