Author Topic: Brokeback Slang, a.k.a. Much Ado About Brokeback  (Read 205184 times)

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
Re: Brokeback Slang.
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 04:46:45 pm »
This is such a funny thread!!

Eloquent Jack can give a much sharper insult with his "Ennis, you horrible person". And the ones you guys added are brilliant too!!
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 04:49:42 pm »
You would like a mug of something hot and caffeinated, wouldn't you?  And perhaps a slice of scantily fruited dessert?

LOL Sarah! Can't you just imagaine Homer Simpson saying: "MMMmmmm....scantily fruited dessert!"  :laugh:

Both of these made me laugh out loud! You girls are clever.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 05:03:34 pm »
"My father told me that participants in rodeo are invariably dilletantes who tend toward serial failure."

"That is absolutely not true!"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 05:05:43 pm by henrypie »

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 05:52:45 pm »
If one is unable to alter a set of circumstances, one is obliged to adjust expectations accordingly.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 06:17:18 pm »
I must caution you, I utterly lack skill in the culinary arts. However, I can adroitly maneuver a can opener.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 08:13:03 pm »
You would like a mug of something hot and caffeinated, wouldn't you?  And perhaps a slice of scantily fruited dessert?

You are KILLING me here, Sarah!!!  LOL  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 08:16:35 pm »
Golly, although I have wondered, I don't believe it would be an eroneous assumption on my part that my father committed that murder...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 08:18:48 pm by hungry_hungryhippos »
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 08:57:42 pm »
Couldn't resist doing Aguirre's opening monologue:

*car pulls up*

Excuse me gentlemen.  Hey, I don't suppose you're both here because you're interested in the sheep herding position? Well, please do come in.

*all three troop inside*

Now, up on Brokeback Mountain..

*indicates to window with a polite chop of his hand*

...the ruling authority, Forest Services have designated campsites of the flattened pieces of land called alotments.  Unfortunately, those campsites can be rather a fetching distance from where we plan on grazing our flock of sheep. Coyotes and other predators feed off them at night if there's nobody with a big gun nearby, and this diminishes our profits.  What I'd like to demand, is that one of you, lets call you the Camp Tender, to remain in the campsite, to give the impression we're doing the right thing.  And you, Sir, lets call you the Herder, I'd like you to pitch a small tent up on the alotment and sleep with the sheep, but please do it secretly, as I don't wish to have consequences for breaking the law.  To further convey the impression of doing the right thing, eat your breakfast and supper in camp, but sleep up with the sheep. Absolutely. Please do not light a fire up there, not even for warmth as we don't want to tip off the authorities that we're breaking the law. Roll up the tent every morning as well.

*phone rings*

No. No! Definitely, absolutely not, you insistent individual!

*hangs up phone*

You have several blue heelers to assist. You've got a big rifle.  You sleep there. When you worked for me previously, we sustained a loss of 25%.  I don't wish to have that happen again. Camp Tender? Every Friday at midday, travel to the bridge with your mules and a gentleman with supplies will meet you to give you food.  Tomorrow morning, we shall drive you up to begin work.  Thankyou, you may leave.

*optional*  By the way, what are your names?
Chut up!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 11:06:16 pm »
Did your parents not provide you with surname?

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 12:25:34 am »

Would it be too much to ask for a little variety in our cuisine?
Chut up!