Author Topic: Brokeback Slang, a.k.a. Much Ado About Brokeback  (Read 206417 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Brokeback Slang.
« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2006, 07:07:44 am »
bee-yump!

Thanks for the bump Clarissa  :-*
I hadn't seen this thread before. Great thread, I've read the first few pages now and some of these are truly hilarious.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2007, 04:19:44 pm »
Bumping some precious old threads!!  8)

..for old time's sake ...

Dagi

« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2007, 07:55:08 am »
Thank you for bumping this GREAT thread!!!!
sheyne (TS1!) and Pipedream, you are my favorites - although it is not fair to pick favorites, because every single post was terrific!
Ok, I´ll give it a try:

Ennis: "What?"

My dearest friend, if you have any questions as to my curriculum vitae, ask straight away, you don´t have to eyeball me with those babyblues...!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2007, 05:37:07 am »
No more beans!

Ennis, I shall no longer accept the internal ossification resulting from the emotional disappointments  and frustrations which have afflicted my life to date. I renounce that unspoken policy of self-mortification, which has led to inner emotional poverty and borderline despair. I intend to  reopen my emotional well-springs, clear them of the detritus and debris which befoul the source and drink from that pure well until I am sated.

I will no longer eat poorly cooked vegetables which trigger  both self abnegation and anal outgassing to such an extent that the feline urine-scent of our portable mountain accomodation is completely masked .

Shoot that f**king elk and shoot it NOW.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2007, 02:18:25 pm »
ANNOUNCEMENT to those who were participating in a conversation about gender, sexual orientation and power previously on this thread. The conversation had gotten so OT for the Brokeback Slang thread and yet was so interesting that, with Meryl's permission, I started a new thread, with those posts, called Gender, sexual orientation and power. It's over on the Anything Goes forum. Here's the link:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=10861.0

Sorry for the inconvenience, and everyone please stop by there to continue that fascinating discussion!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2007, 08:13:07 pm »
No more beans!

Ennis, I shall no longer accept the internal ossification resulting from the emotional disappointments  and frustrations which have afflicted my life to date. I renounce that unspoken policy of self-mortification, which has led to inner emotional poverty and borderline despair. I intend to  reopen my emotional well-springs, clear them of the detritus and debris which befoul the source and drink from that pure well until I am sated.

I will no longer eat poorly cooked vegetables which trigger  both self abnegation and anal outgassing to such an extent that the feline urine-scent of our portable mountain accomodation is completely masked .

Shoot that f**king elk and shoot it NOW.

Whoo-EE!  You do say much AND you get your point across, Jack!  That was awesome.  I had forgotten this wonderful thread.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2007, 03:43:10 pm »

Whoo-EE!  You do say much AND you get your point across, Jack!  That was awesome.  I had forgotten this wonderful thread.

Gotta agree with Clarissa! Lol.   :laugh:

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Brokeback Slang, a.k.a. Much Ado About Brokeback
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2007, 05:58:13 pm »

Exaultations and appelations, most assuredly yes

"Whooee yeah"

Beautiful mind

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2007, 07:19:31 pm »
I love this thread, I hadn't seen it before!  I don't know which I like more, the original lines or the Shakespeare-esque.

I hope I don't spoil it for everyone, but I couldn't resist:

1.  "You may be a sinner, but I ain't yet had the opportunity!" 

2.  "Well, mah dad said all rodeo cowboys are f**k-ups."

3.  Ennis, could ya wipe Alma Jr.'s nose?  To which Ennis replies:  "If ah had three hands, ah could!"

I must know every line by heart now.   ;)

“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2007, 09:15:55 pm »
This IS such a fun thread! It's an oldie, and I don't remember all 15 pages, so I'll have to go with lines I hope haven't already been used. So:

"I regret to inform you otherwise ... I'm afraid not ... No Sir, not on your coital existence!!!"