Author Topic: No more Gay Bashing in 2007+  (Read 133270 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: No more Gay Bashing in 2007+
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2008, 12:26:26 pm »
Merci Br. Patrick !

You say:
         Why do you think that you seem so prone to gay-bashing?   It seems to happen to you more than anyone I've ever known.

No reply needed.. just a thought 

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

Thanks for the hugs br.p !

Regarding your question which you pose, it is a good one !  I do not find it shocking that you are asking; I am very happy that you  ask such !!

What is shocking is that it does happen to me often or at times ! What is more shocking is that it happens very often to gays but I/we/you do not know that, do you ?

I know of many of my friends who have been murdered because they were gay men, and some other gays I heard about likely so too because of that !

I think that because we, gay men, tend to be kind persons; like helping others: even help straights ! And that makes us, gay men, very vulnerable to be hit upon, in many different ways, like bashings we get by straights or vultures, being stolen, lied to often, even murdered ! We, gay men, are too kind !

I often have been told by many that I am too kind, as in helpful, with my money as I got so many bad cheques in my life so far that others have given me, I gave money for food and have feed many, and even given shelter (in my house) to homeless even to straights ! I helped two Americans soldiers have a roof for months in my house and feed them, so they get back on their feet, as two examples, especially protecting them in Canada... from being murdered ! Others gays, I protected and helped also in the USA when I lived there at many places !

Because of my numerous voyages in the United States and Canada in order to participate at exhibitions of my paintings I created, I lived in many cities like in Vermont; Toronto; Los Angeles; Vancouver; San Francisco; Montreal; New York City, N.Y.; etc.; and, therefore, have seen many persons, much homeless, depressed, etc., and even have been helped too in numerous ways by Americans and Canadians/Canadiens, First Nations, and others - and am grateful to all - straights and non-straights, of many cultures and religions and non-religious ! And too by others in non-North America !

Joyeux Noel - Merry Christmas br.p ! [/b]

Since Mother is calling me, I will come back later or add after you post again.

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2008, 11:36:15 pm »
I just heard on Tv  News that jews and gays were getting bashings, but in which country ? - was that Germany, as the gang was neo-nazis ? - was it or was that in the USA, Canada or elsewhere ?

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2008, 08:02:42 am »
Artiste~!

You bring up a valid point.  Since I live in my hermitage, the only contact with outside news is what I see on the opening screen on YAHOO.COM.  And you have been around.  Be assured that your many kindnesses will not go unrewarded.  I sheltered a homeless man for 5 years and he beat me up badly several times.  But it wasn't because I was gay, specifically.  He had an anti-social personality disorder, what used to be called a PSYCHOPATH.  I still am reaping the rewards for that time.

It is good to know someone like you so we all can stand together and stand PROUD~!

{{{Cyberhugs}}}   (Your art is Fabulous~!)

br. p
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Artiste

« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2008, 08:07:22 am »
     Br. Patrick !         

What, are you an early monk too ?

Merci pour tes renseignements/via your post(s) and encouragements !!

Au revoir,
hugs! Have you heard of the new movie to come out soon, titled: Ciao?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2008, 12:39:47 am »

Offline Artiste

« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2008, 12:42:31 am »
Similar case was just on TV News, since gay (Ryan) in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, was on facebook but he got many anti-gay posts; the school Principal said on Tv that he contacted each who presented anti-gay posts, but Ryan said that he got no apology !

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2008, 03:58:16 am »
     Br. Patrick !         

What, are you an early monk too ?

hugs! Have you heard of the new movie to come out soon, titled: Ciao?

Yes, I am a Benedictine Monk and have been for the last 30 years.  Currently living as a hermit.  I pray for you each day.

No, haven't heard of that film.

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p

Offline Artiste

« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2008, 12:14:14 pm »
Merci frère moine Patrick !

Love your post and you !!

Two days ago or so, I saw that the Benedictine headquaters in Italy was bombed in WW II, and that the art on those wall are being restorded still today, do you know ?

Why are you presently a hermit, may I ask ?

And, since I seem to have collected Christmas cards, I found that the old first ones were more religious, but the others not, do you remember that too?

The very first ones were about Saint Nicholas ?

Au revoir, and have a wonderful day,
hugs!

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2008, 12:26:01 am »
Why are you presently a hermit, may I ask ?

Our particular monastery wasn't healthy, psychologically.   When my mother died right in front of me in 1988, I went into a deep, deep depression.   My doctors kept recommending that I get out of the unhealthy environment but I thought that meant I had to leave Religious Life completely.  I then found out that I could live outside if I could be self supporting.  I filed for Social Security disability in 1997 and was approved.

There are only three Brother Monks living outside of their monasteries in the U.S.

Being a hermit means I spend most of my time alone.  I like it that way.

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p

Offline Artiste

« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2008, 11:55:48 am »
Merci beaucoup for your honest and warm reply, by your post Br. Patrick !

I think that I can understand a bit or more what you are saying !

I can feel that we are attached to our mothers. Death is shocking especially when its arrival is sudden?

This morning there was a TV live program that mentioned about life as well death. There will be World survey done soon in many countries about that. Some persons dead (brain wise) have come back to life, you know ? And some have said to have been out of their body and come back too ? One shocked his nurse when he asked back from life, that she goes to the other room to get his false teeth for him, since he was in brain dead (blue state) then when she did that !

There is a book out by someone... I heard to-day.

You likely know more about life and death now, may I ask ?

You think that we go from one body to another ?

Take care, au revoir, mon ami,
hugs!