Author Topic: OT: Getting to know us (more)! - One RANDOM thing about you!  (Read 23785 times)

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
Re: OT: Getting to know us (more)! - One RANDOM thing about you!
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2006, 10:23:12 am »

Attention BetterMost Trembleyians:  Read Ray's post below and you'll understand why I just LOVE this guy.  To bits.  Enough to wish on Aladdin's lamp that was actually a gay fella myself. LOL...

Especially read the bit addressed to Nicole..  Still giggling my head off about it.

Ray? Re... the taekwondo demonstration scars??  Honey, you love it.  You know you do.
Chut up!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2006, 10:54:11 am »
From Ray:
David - Did you earn the collegue's respect, or did you just get more inter office Emails to go up to the roof?

Well,  I don't know if I earned their respect or not, but they did tell me that I should keep my knees together the next time I moon someone!    LOL

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2006, 11:03:57 am »

Attention BetterMost Trembleyians:  Read Ray's post below and you'll understand why I just LOVE this guy.  To bits.  Enough to wish on Aladdin's lamp that was actually a gay fella myself. LOL...

Especially read the bit addressed to Nicole..  Still giggling my head off about it.

Ray? Re... the taekwondo demonstration scars??  Honey, you love it.  You know you do.

Auntie Mame!  For some people, life is a carnivale.  And apparently so is Ray!  :D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Easter dinner invitation to Tremblayans
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2006, 11:15:07 am »
Inviting my favorite brokies to Easter/Passover/Spring Equinox (for us pagans) dinner! The menu is at:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=710.0 in my Brokeback blog.
Best wishes, Front-Ranger
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2006, 11:27:59 am »
Bumping for later and..

.. my radom thing -> I know Edwin Hawkins. You know? The guy who wrote "Oh Happy Day". Most people think he's veeeeeeery old or dead, but it ain't so. He's 62 (*born 1943) and wrote that classic in 1969. I sang in a Gospel Choir (from 1997 to +/- 2003) and our choir director had (and still has) very good contact with Afro-American Gospel singers/composers. So he, among others, came over (still does) to Europe regularly for festivals the choir director organized.

When I was still a member of the choir, we would often have dinner in smaller groups after events and a couple of times Edwin would accompay us and I used to help translate (German to English) at the dinner table. Very unassuming guy. Very friendly and a little shy.

He's coming to Germany in May (singing with one of the choirs from my choir director) and I'll be going.

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2006, 11:40:06 am »
Ray, I *must* know:  Which ear *is* sexuality neutral appropriate?  An openly gay man I work with has ony his left ear pierced.  Another openly gay man I work with has only his right.  I had always thought the left meant you were neutral or straight.  Probably shows what I know...
No more beans!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2006, 11:52:28 am »
Ray, I *must* know:  Which ear *is* sexuality neutral appropriate?  An openly gay man I work with has ony his left ear pierced.  Another openly gay man I work with has only his right.  I had always thought the left meant you were neutral or straight.  Probably shows what I know...

Back in the old days for straight guys wanting their ear pierced, the refrain went "Left is right and right is wrong."

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2006, 11:58:10 am »
You got it  del!  Eventually I figured F*ck it, and being from "old days" I had both done!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2006, 12:26:38 pm »
By demand, my haunted hometown is Alton, IL. We even have 'Haunted Alton' tours around Halloween, which for some reason I've never been on. Our other claim to fame is that the Guiness World Record holder for tallest man in the world, Robert Wadlow, is from Alton (he's like over 7 feet tall and we have a statue of him that little kids like to stand next to). Elijah P. Lovejoy, who was very active in the Civil Rights movement, is also from Alton. So is another guy, can't remember who at the moment, but we're not as proud of him because I think he's famous for killing a president.

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2006, 01:01:10 pm »
I don't really believe in ghosts and such, (although, my TV did turn off as I was watching the Ring, but it was an old TV), but they fascinate me and I love hearing about 'em.

Sheyne - Wow, that's all I can really say about that, wow. Have you had any sort of experience like that lately?

Ray - Whoa! Lots of cool stuff. You slept with Boy George?? Wow! BTW, a skidoo is a snow-mobile. Like a Sea-doo except driven on snow. In my hometown in Labrador, I think there are more skidoos around than cars!