Author Topic: Jake's best performance: BBM or Jarhead?  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Eire1978

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Jake's best performance: BBM or Jarhead?
« on: January 12, 2007, 07:14:03 pm »
I just watched Jarhead on dvd and I found the movie just great and Jake's performance brilliant.

So I thought, how about a poll between Jarhead and BBM?

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Jake's best performance: BBM or Jarhead?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 07:28:15 pm »
I just watched Jarhead on dvd and I found the movie just great and Jake's performance brilliant.

So I thought, how about a poll between Jarhead and BBM?

You must be kidding?  Although I do agree Jake did an excellent acting job in Jarhead.  We are Brokies around here.  BBM WiLL win by a landslide..Thats for sure.  He was great in all his movies.  The man has talent!  hehe

Offline Eire1978

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 07:34:20 pm »
You must be kidding?  Although I do agree Jake did an excellent acting job in Jarhead.  We are Brokies around here.  BBM WiLL win by a landslide..Thats for sure.  He was great in all his movies.  The man has talent!  hehe

I'm not kidding, I'm just asking people's opinion on the subject.
I'm talking about his performances, it's not a poll between the two movies. For instance, you can say that Robert De Niro's best performance is in Taxi Driver, but your favourite movie with him is another one. 
Although I'm sure BBM wil win. But there's no harm in asking...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:03:50 pm by belfastgirl »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 04:01:15 pm »
The movies are so different, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

In 'Jarhead', Jake played a young man who undergoes a transition from life to numbness due to the futility and violence of war, you can see Swoff cracking under the burden at the end.

In 'BBM' Jake played a young man who played two roles in life, leading to grief and tragedy.

No question, 'BBM' is the more challenging of the two roles and Jake's best performance to date.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 09:54:44 pm »
Interesting question (requiring some objectivity).

It is hard for me to choose between the two because I am so tied up in Jack Twist but I think Jake's performance in Jarhead rivals that of BbM. I think BbM edges out because of the subtlety of his performance-especially in the first half of the movie. I watched Jarhead this weekend, not for the first time, and was pretty damned impressed by him. Some of his other stuff and I can take or leave but this was another shining moment for him.

O0

Heathen