Author Topic: It's happening ..  (Read 30868 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: It's happening ..
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 12:53:17 pm »
I just joined, its make's me sad to read this thread, I feel like I have missed out on so much fun (and sadness of course), I so wish that I got into this all so much soomer, you all seem so great!!!!! 
I actually was thinking about BBM all year and reading about but I didn't see it sooner, I don't know why. 

Hey, welcome, marlb42! I'm so glad to see you over here. It's true, your post from imdb has generated lots of good discussion.

Also, keep in mind that there have been people filtering in here all along -- including quite a few in the past month or so, since BBM debuted on HBO. So some of us have been around quite a while, some for a matter of months, some for just weeks or even days. You'll fit right in.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 01:12:21 pm »
Hey, nice to see you here, marlb42!  Make yourself comfortable!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 04:34:58 pm »
Yes, Welcome marlb42! I'm an old-timer in cyber terms and I'm also one of the people who's spent a lot less time here of late than I used to. I think part of it is feeling less attached to Brokeback per se, now that it's been a full year since it all began. I am still quite interested in Jake, Heath, their families and their new roles, and will always love BBM but I don't need to talk about it the way I used to. Sometimes I miss those days of total obsession though.

I'm still glad and proud to be a member of this community though, and hope that lack of frequent posting does not count against me. I can be pretty busy and then pretty introverted alternately, and both take me away from here.

Again, welcome and do stick around.

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2007, 05:39:30 pm »
Hi,

I just joined, its make's me sad to read this thread, I feel like I have missed out on so much fun (and sadness of course), I so wish that I got into this all so much soomer, you all seem so great!!!!! 
I actually was thinking about BBM all year and reading about but I didn't see it sooner, I don't know why.  I had no idea so much was going on here.

How many users did you used to have on at one time before?

I always feel like I miss out on things....

I hope this board does keep going...

marlb42

welsome - can't answer users question - but us regualrs will still be here and the board will continue - just at a slightly slower place - which is just as well for you as you wold have zero free time if it continued at its original pace!!!! Hope to speak soon.
x
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 09:35:52 pm »
I have also noticed the drop of posting around here. It makes me sad, even though I'm one of the guilty ones. I've found myself reading a lot more than posting lately. And of course real lives do get in the way sometimes (I just got back from a 5-day theatre festival - fun!  :)). I hope the decline doesn't continue too much!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 09:53:49 pm »
Hey Marl...don't worry! we are growing and thriving...glad to have you here...(be careful going into any thread started by David925 -trust me- unless you have had all your shots!!)  :laugh: :laugh:

LOVED your post about the different perspective!! got us all excited...I haven't teared up over the movie in a while!

Jess

tsk, tsk. I expected more from you Jess. Wait a minute. No I didn't.   ;)

Don't pay any attention to us Marl. Jess and I are great friends. And I agree with her. Bettermost is growing, and you didn't miss out on anything. Welcome! I'm looking forward to reading some of your posts in the near future!  :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 11:40:45 pm »
Welcome  marlb42 ! I'll add my voice to the chorus of welcome-wagoners here.  I'll even offer up the traditional BetterMost welcome... Want a cup of coffee don't you and a piece of cherry cake?
 ;)

I'm an old-timer too.  I moved over here from imdb in early April upon the invitation of the lovely latjoreme (whom you've already met).  I'm quite a devotee of the Open Forum too and am always interested in the amazing and on-going levels of deep discussion that this one story/film can generate.  But, I'm now one of the co-moderators of the Social Events forum.  Venture on over to learn about some really exciting trips and get-togethers being planned.  And there are lots of fun threads with pictures of BetterMostians, etc.

It's always so exciting to me to see new members come in and start posting.  New opinions and new interpretations of the film/story are the life-blood of discussion boards like this, so it's wonderful to see you on board.  Don't be too worried about some of the concerns you might see in this thread.  Like all communities I think we're just evolving.  There are new little growing pains all the time.  But, my sense is that BetterMost is thriving and adding new members all the time.  So, have fun exploring the forums.  And, Open Forum is a good place to start for the deep discussions of the film.

Cheers and welcome again!

Amanda
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 01:29:55 am by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 01:15:15 am »
I have also noticed the drop of posting around here. It makes me sad, even though I'm one of the guilty ones. I've found myself reading a lot more than posting lately. And of course real lives do get in the way sometimes (I just got back from a 5-day theatre festival - fun!  :)). I hope the decline doesn't continue too much!

Court!!  I haven't seen you online in a dog's age!  :D
Hope life is good, mate.  :)

Hello marlb42! Welcome!  :) 

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 10:03:42 am »
Thank you all for your welcomes, I really do appreciate it.  I have really been enjoying traveling around this site.  I really have been enjoying reading all the things on the community threads, I had no idea that there were places like this on the internet, where really cool people get together and chat and meet and have fun.

Anyway, well you all seem like you know each other so, so well, I wouldn't want to seem like I am crashing the party...

Thanks again,

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 10:09:55 am »

Anyway, well you all seem like you know each other so, so well, I wouldn't want to seem like I am crashing the party...

Thanks again,

Never Marlb

The reason we know each other well is cos we just chat and talk and input little comments into peoples threads... you'll soon be one of the family -  join in the fun and get involved!

xx

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/