Author Topic: Missing Motel Moments by haunted_by_bbm  (Read 108197 times)

Offline haunted_by_bbm

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "didn't know we was gonna get into this again..."
    • Panels of the Dream: Brokeback Mountain Stories
Re: Missing Motel Moments by haunted_by_bbm
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2007, 12:11:56 pm »
Oh, my . . .  the last chapter?  I'm going to have to stock up on merlot and kleenex before I start reading tonight . . .

:-* :-*
Marie

Well, probably more merlot than kleenex.    ;)   lol
(...maybe just a couple kleenex...I'm told the epilogue really did it for a few folks.)
Love ya, sweetie.  Hope you enjoy it.   :)

C*   :-*
"The room stank of semen and smoke and sweat and whiskey, of old carpet and sour hay, saddle leather, shit and cheap soap.  Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts..." – Annie Proulx

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2007, 04:21:30 pm »
Congrats Cristine! 

What a clever, clever twist in that chapter!  I'm sorry to see the story come to an end, but again congratulations on finishing.
:)

Amanda,    :-*

Thanks so much, sweetie!    :-*
Glad you enjoyed the end. 
Thank you for reading along with me all these months.   :)

C*
"The room stank of semen and smoke and sweat and whiskey, of old carpet and sour hay, saddle leather, shit and cheap soap.  Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts..." – Annie Proulx

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2007, 04:28:29 pm »
I got lots of Catchinup to do!
I just finised Pine Creek Recently.
I can only take it in small doses. Between Cristine's lovely writing and the Jack and Ennis thread I'm an emotional wreck! ;D

Hi Loneleeb,    :)

Take your time.   ;)
WWotY isn't going anywhere.  ;)  lol 
It'll be there when you're ready to read it.

It's bittersweet to finish something that lengthy after 4 and 1/2 months. 
It feels so good and so right, and yet I miss them already too.  How silly is that.   lol   ;)

Thanks for reading. 
I really appreciate all the wonderful feedback you gave me on MMM and PC.    :-*

C*

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2007, 07:15:52 pm »

That was a totally awsome finish Christine.  You have given us all a surprise.       

Beautiful mind

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2007, 07:59:20 pm »

That was a totally awsome finish Christine.  You have given us all a surprise.       

:-* :-* :-*{{{{{Janice}}}}} :-* :-* :-*

Thanks so much. 
So glad you enjoyed it.  :)

C*

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2007, 09:30:11 pm »
Heya Cristine,

That last chapter has stuck in my head all day today. 

**Warning possible hint of a spoiler follows:**

The "twist" that you include (what Ennis finds in the trees) really gave the story a true finality to me.  It sort of burst the bubble or brought everything crashing back into reality.  Honestly, I was very surprised to see that this would be the last chapter (somehow I had a feeling that this series that you started up could go on and on... filling in more details and gaps that exist throughout the whole long story/film.  But the "surprise" in the trees and the sweet finishing touch to this chapter really made for an effective conclusion.

So, do you really think you're done writing fic?  Or just done with this story?
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2007, 10:58:13 pm »
Heya Cristine,

That last chapter has stuck in my head all day today. 

**Warning possible hint of a spoiler follows:**

The "twist" that you include (what Ennis finds in the trees) really gave the story a true finality to me.  It sort of burst the bubble or brought everything crashing back into reality.  Honestly, I was very surprised to see that this would be the last chapter (somehow I had a feeling that this series that you started up could go on and on... filling in more details and gaps that exist throughout the whole long story/film.  But the "surprise" in the trees and the sweet finishing touch to this chapter really made for an effective conclusion.

So, do you really think you're done writing fic?  Or just done with this story?

Hi again, sweetie, 

For me, the "twist" was intended to be 100% a tribute to the readers; it wasn't about finality for me at all, because as I mentioned in my author's note, I wrote that final tent scene back in January.  I was just starting the story, so at that point, I wasn't feeling any sense of finality with my writing.  At that point, I felt like I could go on forever.   lol  (And a few of my chapters almost did)   lol    :)   

I got the idea for the end back when I was writing "Pine Creek" and 'Greatmtn' and several others said my descriptions were so vivid they felt like they were right there 'spying' on our boys.   hehehe   I just thought it was such an interesting and humorous notion, that I wanted to see if I could pull it off.   ;) 

But, for me, J & E  jumped right back into their canon world right quick, which is why I ended the story with the Addendum and the Epilogue.  

As far as more writing goes, well...lol.    It's only been 24 hours since I finished WWotY and I miss the guys already.   ;)   lol   So yeah,  I'll probably be writing some more.  In fact, I'm pretty darn sure of it.   I just need to take a break from such long chapters for a while. 

I feel so good and so emotionally complete right now.  I think I need to enjoy the feeling for a bit.  But as soon as I start missing the guys really bad...lol...then I'll probably write some one-shots and some drabbles to satisfy that need.   :) 
I know that will make Mariez65 really happy.    ;D

But to completely answer your question, even though I didn't plan it this way from the beginning, I think the way it worked out really did make for a nice trilogy that can stand as it is.   
I can see myself being happy writing one-shots and shorter pieces for quite some time.   :)

Thanks, Amanda.
I'm really glad the chapter made such an impression. 

Cristine   :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 11:39:27 pm by haunted_by_bbm »

RodneyFL

« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2007, 11:11:00 pm »
Hey Christine,

I've thoroughly been engrossed in your very vivid and hot MMM and Pine Creek.  Just barely getting started with Warmest Week.  Keep 'em comin'!

Seriously I've been so impressed with the fluidity of the detail you've provided, it has been quite an emotional experience.  There have been nights I just couldn't stop reading!

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2007, 11:24:13 pm »
Hey Christine,

I've thoroughly been engrossed in your very vivid and hot MMM and Pine Creek.  Just barely getting started with Warmest Week.  Keep 'em comin'!

Seriously I've been so impressed with the fluidity of the detail you've provided, it has been quite an emotional experience.  There have been nights I just couldn't stop reading!

Hi Rodney,   :) 

Thank you so much! 
That is so nice to hear. 
I'm so glad you enjoyed both MMM and PC.   

Warmest Week is a bit of whopper.  LOL   It turned out to be quite a bit longer than I originally thought it would be, but the fellas just kept talkin' to me, so I kept writing it all down.    ;)   lol 

Thanks again.
I really enjoy the feedback.   :)

Cristine   :)   

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2007, 06:41:26 pm »

A little AU Drabble

Flannel - http://haunted-by-bbm.livejournal.com/11020.html#cutid1

Enjoy.     :-*