Author Topic: Question  (Read 2247 times)

Offline UntamedFriesian

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Question
« on: January 26, 2007, 11:55:03 am »
Hi all
I'm one of the newbies to this community, I've been searching the posts because I have a question about the movie that I am sure y'all have answered numerous times before but I couldn't find the answer in what I've looked through.  So...at the end of the movie Ennis is at the closet looking at his shirt and the postcard and he says the last dialogue of the movie, what does he say????  I have replayed that part a dozen times and can not make out what it is he says. 

Thanks   
Friesian

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 12:12:43 pm »
He says: Jack, I swear... 

I suggest, next time you watch the movie, turn the subtitles on, because it is true that Heath is hard to understand sometimes.

Also, have you read the short story written by Annie Proulx? If you haven't, I strongly suggest you do. It'll help you understand a lot about the plot and will answer many questions.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 12:20:35 pm »
He says: Jack, I swear... 

I suggest, next time you watch the movie, turn the subtitles on, because it is true that Heath is hard to understand sometimes.

Also, have you read the short story written by Annie Proulx? If you haven't, I strongly suggest you do. It'll help you understand a lot about the plot and will answer many questions.

Welcome Friesian - it's great to have you here!  I think your question might be 'most asked' so don't feel bad!  Natali makes an excellent point about reading the short story, if you haven't yet.  IMO, there's never been a better adaptation from story to film than Brokeback Mountain.

-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

injest

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 01:40:03 am »
Love the screen name, Friesian!!!

;)

injest

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 01:53:51 am »
are you a mare

or a stud?