Author Topic: Green Eyes  (Read 15561 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Green Eyes
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 12:09:42 am »
So WHERE is everyone readiong it? Like to join you folks.

You can find her over at Dave Cullen, I believe, or look for her profile at Livejournal.  The last time I was there she offered her work, but readers had to put in a request.  I haven't been to Livejournal in awhile, but I'm sure her profile is still up.  If you get your hands on the fic, I would love to know what you think!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 12:11:46 am »
Ok, I'm 2/3-rds through, and I'm convinced this was written and directed by David Lynch...  :D  :laugh: 

Ain't it the truth?  :laugh:

Eric, how many chapters do you have?

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 01:53:47 pm »
Ain't it the truth?  :laugh:

Eric, how many chapters do you have?

I have five pages left to read.  I think I'm up to the last chapter.

I tell ya, I thought/hoped it was going to go in a certain direction, but it didn't...there's still one chapter left to read though....  Will elaborate on that when I finish the story.

I PM'd Julie where she could get a copy...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 01:41:20 am »
        I was one of the people that read this story from the time it was
written.  i read it and reread it...it plays more like a greek play, and is filled
with archtypes, and good and evil.. the gods made me do kind of things.
I think it is getting to the point where i see it more like a psycho drama.
it is very interesting, one of the most interesting i have read.  it is one of
a kind.   not pretty, not happy, but facinating all the same.
                                                                that is my opinion  janice

it is not really about the jack and ennis we recognize, only the names, and
love that they had was there.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 07:16:45 am by MaineWriter »

Beautiful mind

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 06:49:58 am »

I was one of the people that read this story from the time it was
written.  i read it and reread it...it plays more like a greek play, and is filled
with archtypes, and good and evil.. the gods made me do kind of things.
I think it is getting to the point where i see it more like a psycho drama.
it is very interesting, one of the most interesting i have read.  it is one of
a kind.   not pretty, not happy, but facinating all the same.
                                                                that is my opinion  janice

it is not really about the jack and ennis we recognize, only the names, and
love that they had was there.

Me too, Janice  :) And I was one of the people that totally loved it and who was just blown away by her writing style and the gutsy way she wrote GE. I was also lucky enough to meet her in New York last Summer and talk to her at great length about GE and her OC Bob White. Bob White fascinated me and I thought he was sexy as hell and in this story I actually wanted Bob and Jack to end up together!  :o  I believe he really and truly loved Jack. I didn't like GE Ennis much  :(
Yeah, Janice, this was a really fascinating, dark, different, and I thought beautifully written story and I can remember being so so excited every time she updated. I was sorry to see it end but very happy she eventually did manage to end it  :)

I so hope she'll treat us to a new story some day  :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 07:16:16 am by MaineWriter »

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 10:52:19 am »
and in this story I actually wanted Bob and Jack to end up together!    I believe he really and truly loved Jack. I didn't like GE Ennis much 

Me too! And I remember feeling really guilty about this because it was my first fan fic and I was like what the hell is going on here? But I loved every single minute of it. I found it when she was on chapter ten and I printed them all out and read the over and over again... very intense. I'm so glad she finally finished it...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 04:21:23 pm »
Wow, I don't know if I could've handled this as my first fan fic.  Yikes!

Ok, I finished it.  Wow.  What a roller coaster.  I actually feel exhausted from reading it.  It was quite intense, and certain sex scenes were just hot as hell!

There is so much to talk about and discuss with this, I don't know where to begin.  But I'll start with this:

**spoiler**

Funny thing is, I thought this was totally going to end up going in a different direction.  With the title, and the constant descriptions of teeth exposed, blood soaked teeth and lips, necks, and characters hanging out in dark saloons all day, I truly thought we were going to have - Vampires -.  (Don't laugh.)

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 04:32:49 pm »
Wow, I don't know if I could've handled this as my first fan fic.  Yikes!

LOL, no joke... it helped that I was reading A Love Born From Steel at the same time, otherwise I probably would have thought fan fic was insane!

and you aren't crazy, I think a lot of people saw the Vampire imagery  :-*
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 06:34:38 pm »

I agree it was a roller coaster ride,,and as such as much fun and just and  entertaining.  i did love it, and got lots of emails from her during the length of the story,,, i missed the vampire thing, but i admit, that i
can see the way you got that.  I just got so irritated at ennis and the
off handed way he took jack for granted.  i thought that bob was
truly facinated by jack and his purity of heart..and the obvious sexuality that lay within him...he was sick and tired of sex with no real meaning.
and saw jack as a true way to stop that behavior....the scene in ennis's
kitchen spoke volumes to that.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 02:58:42 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline neuontz

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 08:50:44 pm »
Well! Nice!

I'm rarely ever on Bettermost, so I had no idea anyone started a thread about this dark and twisted little tale.  :o

'Course, no one's here any more, but I'm always late to the party. Either I'm late or I'm in the kitchen with the wine bottles, trying to avoid people.

Some funny and pretty accurate things in some of these posts...some of my favorites:

"...hard to read. Hard to stomach"
Lol!

"If I'm all off-base here, and thinking of a different story, I'll be happy to remove my comment!"
Nope, Lynn, you got the right story, all right  ;)

"...Sounds just like any gay bar."
Double lol!

"I've seen lots of gay relationships, just like this..."
So have I, unfortunately. Though a few of the people who objected to GE used to tell me they hated it because, for them, it was slanderous to gay people.

"Ok, I'm 2/3-rds through, and I'm convinced this was written and directed by David Lynch..."
:laugh:

it plays more like a greek play, and is filled with archtypes, and good and evil
(bows)

"...it is not really about the jack and ennis we recognize, only the names, and love that they had was there."
True, it was never intended to be taken as canon.

I so hope she'll treat us to a new story some day
Aww, Junie. I just may do that.  :-*

And I remember feeling really guilty about this because it was my first fan fic and I was like what the hell is going on here?
:laugh:    and...
it helped that I was reading A Love Born From Steel at the same time, otherwise I probably would have thought fan fic was insane!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I truly thought we were going to have - Vampires
You ain't the first.  ;)  I hoped all the dark creepies added somewhat to the fun of reading it.

Well, thanks everyone, for letting me read your comments. Very kewl.  O0
Every year, everything I have ever learned in my lifetime leads back to this: the fires and the black river of loss, whose other side is salvation, whose meaning none of us will ever know.        -Mary Oliver, "In Blackwater Woods"