Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1178175 times)

Offline haunted_by_bbm

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "didn't know we was gonna get into this again..."
    • Panels of the Dream: Brokeback Mountain Stories
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #1030 on: April 10, 2007, 09:42:59 pm »

Along the riverbed ..

“Ya know .. that night, I kept whispering to myself – ‘I can’t believe I am in Ennis, and it feels so fuckin’ good..’”  Ennis laughed out loud and smacked Jack playfully on the rump. 

“That what ya wanna do?”  Ennis asked, one slow sweet kiss later.

“Do whut?”

“Ya know what I mean..” Ennis whispered..."

Oh, I simply LOVE this one.  It's fantastic.  (Especially the part I've quoted)   lol   ;D
And the picture with it is absolutely perfect.   :)

C*
"The room stank of semen and smoke and sweat and whiskey, of old carpet and sour hay, saddle leather, shit and cheap soap.  Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts..." – Annie Proulx

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1031 on: April 10, 2007, 10:04:12 pm »
M,

Just loved the drabble and picture too :)
Makes the day much better!

Marl

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1032 on: April 11, 2007, 12:25:59 am »
Like Jack, I would love to go down to Ennis too!  ;D 

Cheers C and Marl!  ;)

~M

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1033 on: April 11, 2007, 06:22:11 am »
Morning all,

For today:

• time zone
  • auto show
  • unseasonable weather

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #1034 on: April 11, 2007, 10:13:40 am »
January 14, 1978: Dallas Convention Center 

"Dad!...come on let go look at 'm new Porsches ...." Bobby says to his  dad as Jack is admirng the new grille design a new dark brown and creme  1978 Ford Lariat pickup. Bobby takes him by the hand and lead him over to the nearby Porsche exibit. "Look at tha wing on the back....thats the new 911 Turbo....0 to 60 in 6.2 seconds....c'n top out over 150 miles per hour!  Dad let go sit in one!"

Jack somewhat unawares as to where his son picked up all this information, followws his lead. "Get behind the wheel dad...pretend like your drivin' ". Jack open the door scrunches down, his had knocked of as he settles in the bucket seat. Picking it up he was reminded of the long praticed ritual between him and Ennis. "Dad in Germany the have teh Autobhan...you can drive fast as ya want....think we c'n go there some day?"

"I....I reckon we can son." Brought pack to the present. "Don't know if I wanna be drivin' on of these here Porsches though. Not much room."

"Think mom might like  a Mercedes?  We can get one there ...drive it on the Autobahn!"

"Mebe we could..."

"Dad!...Look over there...It a Lamborghini Contach!...It'll go over 170 miles per hourt!....Come Dad lets go look!"

Later after the father and son polished off a large Supreme pizza with  cesar salad and Round Table,   Jack pulled into the interstate headed back to Childress shortly after dark he said. "So Bobby...you have a good birthday?  Glad we came?"

"You bet dad!...Your the best...Thanks dad fer takin' me."

You didn't think I coud resist 'Auto Show ' did you?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 10:50:04 am by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1035 on: April 11, 2007, 10:15:43 am »

ha ha ha, no Mark! I knew you couldn't! This came to me because of the big auto show in New York this week.

Thanks for drabbling, as always!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1036 on: April 11, 2007, 05:27:25 pm »

Every time zone is having unseasonable weather, from New England to Texas, and even to California...But our weather is very seasonal.  See ya after the show....

Beautiful mind

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1037 on: April 11, 2007, 05:56:37 pm »
(A little over, sorry, and well......you'll see....)

The Visit

(August 1985)
He traveled across time zones to get there.  Luckily the weather has been unseasonable in most places, unseasonably warm.  But finally he arrived.

When he got there Ennis was outside with another man.  This man had silvery hair and dark blue eyes.  They were sitting outside, smoking and drinking beer.  It was a warm night for April.  Ennis looked good, a little older, but relaxed and content.  Not like he was before, always on edge, always nervous and sad.

Ennis started to laugh.  “Ya really scared me, ya know, I had no idea what you were doin’” he said.

“Yeah, ya were scared, real scared” the man said, laughing too.  “I felt bad, a little.  But it was good for ya.  I wanted ya to be scared, that’s why I drove so fast.  It was good for ya.”

Ennis gave the man a funny look. “Oh yeah?”

“Yeah, real good” and the man said, and he reached over and touched Ennis’s arm.

“Whadya readin', Tom?’” Ennis asked.

“All about the auto show” the man said, holding up a magazine.  “Maybe I’ll buy me a fancy new car, then I can really go fast” he said and laughed even louder, Ennis laughed too.  He watched as they sat there a while longer.  Then the man called Tom said “ya wanna eat?”

Ennis nodded.  He watched as they got up and went inside the trailer.  Tom went over to the stove where something was cooking in a big pot.  It smelled good.  A lot better than beans.  Ennis followed, but then he went up next to Tom and put his arms around him and began kissing his neck.  Tom turned around and they kissed.  His hands were moving all up and down Ennis’s back.

Then Tom said “later”, and pulled away and returned to the stove.  Ennis turned and sat down at the table, looking at the magazine with the cars.

He felt a prickle on his cold neck when he heard Tom say that.  He remembered Ennis saying that.  He stayed there and watched and listened to them.  Of course they could not see him.  They didn’t even know he was there.

After a long while he left, and began going back to where he came from.  He wasn’t needed there.  Ennis was okay, almost happy, or so it seemed.  He was glad, but sad too.  How he had longed for Ennis to be like that with him, how he had longed to live like that with him.

He went back to where he came from, a long ways away.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 07:08:42 pm by Cameron »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1038 on: April 11, 2007, 07:01:44 pm »
Along the riverbed ..
. .  .
“Never mind that.. Look here.. Down in Ellis County, Texas.  See that little dot there?  That’s Ennis!”   . . . .

Brava, Milli! You clever thing, you!   ;D

January 14, 1978: Dallas Convention Center 
.  .  .
Later after the father and son polished off a large Supreme pizza with  cesar salad and Round Table,   Jack pulled into the interstate headed back to Childress shortly after dark he said. "So Bobby...you have a good birthday?  Glad we came?"

"You bet dad!...Your the best...Thanks dad fer takin' me." 

:laugh:  That prompt was tailor-made for you, Mark!  I always enjoy these father-son moments.

.  .  .
When he got there Ennis was outside with another man.  This man had silvery hair and dark blue eyes.  They were sitting outside, smoking and drinking beer.  It was a warm night for April.  Ennis looked good, a little older, but relaxed and content.  Not like he was before, always on edge, always nervous and sad. .  . .

.  . .He went back to where he came from, a long ways away. 

Ahhh.... I was wondering about Tom.   Really touching and lovely, Marl - you tied that together beautifully! 

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1039 on: April 11, 2007, 07:20:16 pm »
Brava, Milli! You clever thing, you!   ;D

:laugh:  That prompt was tailor-made for you, Mark!  I always enjoy these father-son moments.

Ahhh.... I was wondering about Tom.   Really touching and lovely, Marl - you tied that together beautifully! 

Thanks,
Marie

What she said!  :D

(And it's no surprise that Jack didn't point out Alma, TX, 6 miles down from road from Ennis, TX.)
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air