Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1183065 times)

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #490 on: March 03, 2007, 12:29:15 pm »

Ennis thinking:

Oh Jack...Jack ya saved our shirts all these years, yours over mine. This is what you wanted me to find. Bet ya didn't think I remember but we was wearin' these same shirts that day we met, I held on ta ya with this blue one that night I came to the tent and ya took my hand and...that next night ya took this one of mine off ah me so carefully askin' me if it was ok, saying s'alright. I promise Jack I will always take care of 'm, only thing I have left of ya. I'm so sorry I punched ya that day, I was just so scared an upset 'bout havin' ta leave early, leaving our home we had on Brokeback. Jack. I never meant ta hurt ya Jack, never would do anything ta cause ya pain, ya always been so good ta me. I wish I had that day back, never wudda let ya go Jack, and mebe just mebe ya would still be here.I didn't mean it when I said leave me be, didn't ever want that, hope ya forgive me. Missing ya awful bad Jack, don't know if I'll ever be goin' ta the mountians again without ya there.

Dear Lord: Be with Jack, treat him special, he deserves it. Tell him how much I loved him, how much I needed him, don't knew if he ever knew. He was the very best fried I ever had. Please Lord let 'm know.

Ennis....Ennis can ya hear me?...Ennis? I know Ennis, I know ya loved me, s'alright. I saw it in your smile when I did that rodeo dance by the campfire, I saw in your eyes when ya came into the tent that night so frightned, I saw it whenever we'd meet squeezing me to tight I'd thought I'da bust, I saw it in your face by our campfire. I see it now that day ya got that first postcard, how excited you were to pack for a trip, I see it now when ya dream of me, I see how much your missing me now Ennis. You found the shirts Ennis, most valuable thing I'd ever owned were those two shirts, yours and mine, no fancy truck or house could ever take their place. I know they mean the same to you, keep them close ta remember those days we had on Brokeback,I know you'll take care of 'm. Ennis it's really me in your dreams, don't worry they won't never stop, and sometimes when you sleep you'll feel my arms around you tight, may face against yours, just like when we were together. Be ah watching over you Ennis, till were dancing together in heaven. Ennis ....Ennis Del Mar know this, you were loved more that ya can ever know, take that with you always, get ya through the years ahead, look back and remember the joy. Ennis I could  never quit you, never. Never meant to say it, hope ya forgive me. You Ennis will always be my cowboy.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 12:37:21 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #491 on: March 03, 2007, 12:51:18 pm »
Jack...Jack are you comin'. Are you on your way Jack? Been waitin' all day, wait all night if I have to. Sure hope ya make it. Didn't think I'd ever hear from you again. Thanks fer writ'n, good ya sent when ya did. Truth is after I got married, tried so hard to put it all behiind o' me, might'ta sent you away if I heard from ya then. Couldn't do it Jack, never a day went by I didn't think o' you, all this time. Then I get your card, just couldn't wait to see you since, see you big smile, tell you I was sorry I hit ya. Hope you forgive me. Jack...Jack I sure hope you show.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 08:05:30 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #492 on: March 03, 2007, 01:27:03 pm »
Yikes...really bad memories here.  Well done Leslie!

Awww ... sending you a hug, Scott.

Dear Lord: Be with Jack, treat him special, he deserves it. Tell him how much I loved him, how much I needed him, don't knew if he ever knew. He was the very best fried I ever had. Please Lord let 'm know.[/b]
 .   .   .
Ennis....Ennis can ya hear me?...Ennis? I know Ennis, I know ya loved me, s'alright. Ennis I could  never quit you, never. Never meant to say it, hope ya forgive me. You Ennis will always be my cowboy.
.   . 

Jack...Jack are you comin'. Are you on your way Jack? .  .  . Hope you forgive me. Jack...Jack I sure hope you show.

As my Irish friend Nicola would say, "JAYSUS, you're killing me here!"   And thanks for all the pictures - they add a beautiful dimension to your beautiful words. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #493 on: March 03, 2007, 02:21:12 pm »

Oh my god, he is here, He is actually here, after all this time, four
fuckin years, he is really here.  I wonder if he is going to be the same.  I wonder if he has forgotten how we carried on.  I wonder if he will want to
shake my hand.  Maybe he will jus hit me.   Wouldn't blame him if he did.  He may have just wanted the chance to get even...I wonder if he is going to act different.  Maybe it didn't mean nothing to him.  Maybe we will just go to the Dead Horse, and have a couple of beers.  That would be ok.  That would be just fine.  I am jus gonna be happy to see em.  See em again.  After all this time.
             Well I guess I better git on out there, and say hi.   "Jack fuckin
Twist."  One things sure the same, he still smiles a lot.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 02:25:15 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #494 on: March 03, 2007, 04:38:59 pm »

That was wonderful,  specially the last line...i loved that line..       

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #495 on: March 03, 2007, 06:30:38 pm »
 .  .  .        Well I guess I better git on out there, and say hi.   "Jack fuckin
Twist."  One things sure the same, he still smiles a lot.

Janice, give my love to the boys - it's obvious they're talking to you often!  :)

That was wonderful,  specially the last line...i loved that line..      

Yes, I loved that last line, too.  And also the paragraph about stepping into the vault . . . and then the room coming alive.  You're a very gifted writer, TH.

Mitch
Saturday, October 13,  1990  11:05 a.m.

Ennis pulled the shirts close to his face a final time, held them close, breathing them in, letting the memories flood his senses.  .  . 

. . . they deserved to be kept in something warm and loving, made with his own two hands.

“Gonna keep you close, Bud.  Promise…I swear…” 
.  .  .
 And as he closed the door, he felt the shadows of his life, both the shadow of the past, meant to be and always with him…and the shadow of the present, with the tall frame and the lean arms, moving forward to lay quiet knowing hands on the shoulders of the stoic cowboy.

God, that's gorgeous. I could read your writing all day, C* - and I just might.   :)Think your muse might let you continue this one? 

I knew those prompts would inspire great things from everyone!

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #496 on: March 03, 2007, 07:37:52 pm »

It's not an AU, because I wouldn't be changing the events of 1983...
but I'd be writing a slightly different, older Ennis,
a man who realizes he can let someone else in just a little,
and still hold on to everything dear and precious.   
Do we have a term for that type of story? 

C*

A continuation?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline haunted_by_bbm

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "didn't know we was gonna get into this again..."
    • Panels of the Dream: Brokeback Mountain Stories
« Reply #497 on: March 03, 2007, 07:41:58 pm »
A continuation?

L

LOL   Well, that just sounds so darn 'normal.'    LOL
I was expecting some weird abbreviation.    ;)   hehehe

C*   
"The room stank of semen and smoke and sweat and whiskey, of old carpet and sour hay, saddle leather, shit and cheap soap.  Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts..." – Annie Proulx

Offline TH

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • being surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses
« Reply #498 on: March 03, 2007, 07:50:16 pm »

Mitch

Saturday, October 13,  1990  11:05 a.m.

And as he closed the door, he felt the shadows of his life, both the shadow of the past, meant to be and always with him…and the shadow of the present, with the tall frame and the lean arms, moving forward to lay quiet knowing hands on the shoulders of the stoic cowboy.

“You ready?”  A gentle voice to match the soothing touch.

“Yeah, I’m ready now.”   

The paralellism of the past and present shadow is really good...  Corresponds to something in my experience... so it gives me goose bumps...  -thanks.
I know you think I know that you know what you think I said.
Know you what you think I know you know is not what I meant?

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #499 on: March 03, 2007, 08:42:41 pm »
I noticed you used a smaller font with your question.   
I feel like we're whispering a secret back and forth.   lol     ;)
(ssshhh....don't tell Jack.  He's still only 24 in my 'add-ins,' and I think
he might get pissed if I jump the gun on this.)   lol    ;)
C*

I didn't want your muse to think I was being pushy!  LOL!!! 

A continuation?

L

LOL   Well, that just sounds so darn 'normal.'    LOL
I was expecting some weird abbreviation.    ;)   hehehe
C*  

C*, a story in your hands couldn't be merely "normal!"   :)

Marie