Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1183835 times)

Offline haunted_by_bbm

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "didn't know we was gonna get into this again..."
    • Panels of the Dream: Brokeback Mountain Stories
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #630 on: March 09, 2007, 01:34:30 pm »
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Barbara (goadra) volunteered to help create an archive of all the drabbles from the drabblefest. Many wonderful thanks to Barbara for taking on this job!

She created a LiveJournal Community and it can be found here:

http://community.livejournal.com/bbmdrabblefest/

Entries are tagged by date, prompt, and author so now folks have a quick and easy way to go back and read favorites. One drawback of the threads here is that it is hard to find stuff. The archive solves that problem.

Please take a moment to visit the archive. If you have suggestions or comments, please contact either me or goadra. Thanks!

Leslie

Wow.  This is so cool .  :)    Love it.    :D
C*
"The room stank of semen and smoke and sweat and whiskey, of old carpet and sour hay, saddle leather, shit and cheap soap.  Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts..." – Annie Proulx

Scott6373

« Reply #631 on: March 09, 2007, 01:36:36 pm »
Please take a moment to visit the archive. If you have suggestions or comments, please contact either me or goadra. Thanks!

Leslie

Goadra...wonderfull job.  It looks great great great!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #632 on: March 09, 2007, 01:50:08 pm »
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Barbara (goadra) volunteered to help create an archive of all the drabbles from the drabblefest. Many wonderful thanks to Barbara for taking on this job!

Thank you so much, Barbara.  That must be quite a job - all your work is appreciated.  I'll visit as soon as I can - I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time there, too.   :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #633 on: March 09, 2007, 01:52:45 pm »
Aw thanks Marie...what I need is to find some way to put you in my alarm clock so that when 5 am hits everyday, I can awake to the sound of your wonderfully encouraging words.

:-*

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #634 on: March 09, 2007, 01:57:36 pm »
Barbara -

Cheers for the wonderful work!  The LJ is looking good!  :D
Thank you.

~L

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #635 on: March 09, 2007, 03:51:36 pm »

" Daddy Jr said to Ennis."  "Yeah" he asks?  "Whats a doofus?"  "Well its a person that
acts stupid or dumb."  "Why do you wanta know?"  "Cause this Billy Gradey called me one."
"Well pay him no mind girl, hes probably one hisself." "Daddy, am i a doofus?"  "No darlin you aren't no doofus."  "I know a doofus first hand, and you ain't nothing like him."  "Good"  she
says.  I don't want anyone to think Im stupid, or dumb."  "Well darlin if you were, there is
a lot worse things."  "I kinda like a doofus anyway."  "They are usually a whole lot of fun, and
nice besides." 
     "They will try to cheer you up when you are sad.  Make you laugh, and be understandin
when you need a friend."  "Yes, there is a lot worse things to be.  Thats for sure,"  "Ok
daddy, then I guess its not so bad to be a doofus, is it?"

« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 06:07:03 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #636 on: March 09, 2007, 04:02:30 pm »

Scott you gave me tears,,,                                                          janice

Beautiful mind

Scott6373

« Reply #637 on: March 09, 2007, 04:10:53 pm »
"Yes, there is a lot worse things to be.  Thats for sure,"  "Ok

Aw...I can hear her sayin this to him

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #638 on: March 09, 2007, 04:53:37 pm »
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

She created a LiveJournal Community and it can be found here:

http://community.livejournal.com/bbmdrabblefest/

Barbara, this is wonderful  :D. I already bookmarked the site. Thanks so much for your work. It's appreciated  :-*.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #639 on: March 09, 2007, 04:57:12 pm »

" Daddy Jr said to Ennis."  "Yeah" he asks?  "Whats a doofus?"  "Well its a person that
acts stupid or dumb."  "Why do you wanta know?"  "Cause this Billy Gradey called me one."
"Well pay him no mind girl, hes probably one hisself." "Daddy, am i a doofus?"  "No darlin you aren't no doofus."  "I know a doofus first hand, and you ain't nothing like him."  "Good"  she
says.  I don't want anyone to think Im stupid, or dumb."  "Well darlin if you were, there is
a lot worse things."  "I kinda like a doofus anyway."  "They are usually a whole lot of fun, and
nice besides." 
     "They will try to cheer you up when you are sad.  Make you laugh, and be understandin
when you need a friend."  "Yes, there is a lot worse things to be.  Thats for sure,"  "Ok

Ennis - and you - are very wise.  Maybe we need more doofuses in the world.   :)

Thanks, Janice
Marie