Author Topic: Is Anyone Else Sick of "American Idol"?  (Read 8329 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Is Anyone Else Sick of "American Idol"?
« on: February 01, 2007, 10:56:04 pm »
Larry King has already had "American Idol" winners and rejects on his show twice in the past week. Every time I turn on CNN, MSNBC or (God forbid) Foxnews, they are talking about "American Idol"; talking about something Simon said or something Paula did, or who the latest reject was and how he or she embarrassed himself or herself.

God, does it ever end??   >:(    :P
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick of "American Idol"?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 04:36:59 am »
I have yet to make it through an entire season of watching-I give up after a few episodes. I don't get the lovefest...

O0

Heathen

Scott6373

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 11:43:14 am »
As a professional musician, I can emphatically state that they are not looking for the most talented indidivual.  They are looking for the best of the most compliant individuals...the ones they can "train" and "re-shape" into thier ideas of what constitutes talent.  By they I mean Simon...don't think for one minute that what the other two think matters in the least.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 05:15:40 pm »
I don't get this show at all.

It is so contrived, so obviously controlled, the voting and judging so unfair and subjective that it's amazing anyone takes it seriously.  Yet friends of mine are hooked, call in to vote, get together and talk madly about what is happening.

It's like some sort of mind control experiment.

injest

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 05:20:03 pm »
I don't like it either

Offline Eire1978

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 06:25:30 pm »
"American Idol" is broadcasted in the UK and Ireland on ITV on Saturday afternoon at lunchtime, so it happens that I watch it while eating.
I just don't get how some people can go there really sure to be good... I mean, they suck! Didn't their relatives and friends tell them not to go there and make a fool of themselves??

There are also those who are really good though, but the others...... O MY GOD, as Chandler would say..... lol 

Offline vijayannavajjala

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 06:32:44 pm »
Hi All,

I like to tell that similar to "American Idol", we have "Indian Idol" every year broadcast by Sony Televisions in India. It's lovely & good show to watch & when I was in India I heard more about "American Idol" after watching the program here, I feel It's not upto my expectation.

I am not musical man, but some times I feel Judges are rude with Participants..............& they disqulify the needed one........It's waste of time. I feel better than that Donald Trumpman's reality show " APPERENTCIE" quite meaningful & interesting as I am Management student I feel it's quite good & improves personnel skills..............

VJ ::)

Offline nova20194

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 11:31:00 am »

I've never watched it, but i'm definitely sick of people talking about it.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 06:50:09 pm »
"Every time I turn on CNN, MSNBC or (God forbid) Foxnews, they are talking about American Idol..."

It shows how much news organizations feel they must dumb things down in order to interest the public, that's for sure.

But it's no less rediculous than Anna Nicole Smith's death being front-page news! Nothing personal against her. But she's not a scholar, scientist, teacher, inventor, author or politician — she's a person whose life has not affected our reality in any way. So WTF is that story doing on the top of the wires?

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 07:24:53 pm »
Hi,

Actually I think it does make sense to post it.

Believe me I am no fan, and she was not really important.

But I do think she was a real symbol of the times and what the current culture is about right now.

(BTW, I did watch American Idol for a couple of seasons, but I can't anymore, too mean and silly)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 07:34:28 pm by marlb42 »