Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain Themed Questionnaire (well sort of)  (Read 18500 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Brokeback Mountain Themed Questionnaire (well sort of)
« on: February 14, 2007, 11:03:12 pm »
If you happen to come across any questionnaires on the Internet, please post them in this forum! You might even try writing your own questionnaire. Our members always seem to enjoy these!

This is my first attempt at writing a questionnaire, and making it Brokeback related proved to be quite a challenge. I hope you enjoy it though!  :D

Just copy and paste this blank questionnaire into your post and answer the questions!

1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain?

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get?

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming?

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal?

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch?

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
Re: Brokeback Mountain Themed Questionnaire (well sort of)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 11:19:38 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?
Dinner and a movie. Or just partying.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?
My portable DVD player.

Probably a hundred times. I'm serious.

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?
I would like to be able to understand people better; to connect with them.

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get?
Crest

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?
Country or Classic Rock

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?
I'll try just about anything once, but I doubt if I would like it.

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?
Radisson. Failing that, Holiday Inn

Only through it. We stopped one night in Cheyenne.

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?
Bland beige.  :P I'm getting ready to repaint my kitchen.

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?
Piano, violin, cello and the banjo.

Dolphin (or porpoise)

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?
Coke.

3. The living room and both bedrooms.

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?
"Star" by Danielle Steel

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?
Gateway

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?
Hiking and jogging. I also love to swim.

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?
The Sims. I also like Fable.

Sirloin steak, baked potato, mixed vegetables and apple pie for desert!

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?
Only in the daytime. I hate storms at night.

Analog. I accidentally flushed my digital watch down the toilet when I was cleaning the bathroom.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?
8 I think.

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?
Music and photography.

I'm drinking Capri Sun (orange)

injest

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 11:28:21 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him? Staying home

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? Sleeping bag!!

1.23 kabillion

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for? MONEY, honey

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get? Closeup

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her? Country

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? thirty

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk? oh yeah!

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain? LaQuinta

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming? nope

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen? tan and blue

no

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal? horse

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick? Coke

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house? two

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it? Funeral Games

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own? Dell

Horse back riding

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites? Tetris, Star Wars Bounty Hunter

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)? Fried chicken

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms? love them if I am inside!!!

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch? dont have one

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received? one

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)? duh...computer chatting!!
 :laugh:

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now? Coke

Fun test David!!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 03:21:01 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him? Any combination of food, wine and cinema.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? A comfy mattress.

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain? 17 times.

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for? Mind-reading powers.

Whatever's on sale.

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her? Alt. rock or jazz.

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? Less than 10! But my husband has hundreds.

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk? You bet -- I had elk on New Year's Eve!

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain? Renaissance, Intercontinental and others I can't actually afford.

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming? Many times! It's beautiful.

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen? Light blue, even though I hate blue kitchens (that's how the house came and I haven't been motivated enough to change it).

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments? A little bit of piano.

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal? Hmm ... dogs, I guess.

Coke.

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house? Two.

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it? "Dog Years," by Mark Doty.

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own? Dell.

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity? Long walks.

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites? I've only played one once (since the days when PacMan was new, anyway) and that was for a work assignment. It was a "Star Wars" game. I played with my son and it took me most of the time just figuring out how to get my guy to go forward in a straight line.

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)? Crab legs.

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms? Yes, unless I'm driving.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch? Analog.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received? Maybe half a dozen or so.

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)? Not counting what I'm doing right now? Reading, walking, movies, painting.

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now? Old Rose. (I wish! Coffee, actually.)

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 03:40:54 pm »

1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him? Stay home and watch TV with no commercials and popcorn

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? A comfy mattress.

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain? Must be 30

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for? A small spread in Lighting Flat

Crest

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her? Pop, with the girls.

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?about 50

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk? You bet -- I had moose meat last week.

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain? Bed and breakfasts are better.

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming? Never

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen? tans and pinks

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments? no, but I have a harmonica instruction book somewhere. .

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal? elk.

RC - a fruit flavoured pop really.

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house? Two.

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it? The Lighthouse by PD James.

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own? a clone

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity? short walks , taking photos and sitting outside.

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites? I like the sim games, but have no time/interest to really play.

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)? With Ennis beans would be ok.

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms? Love it, but I like shelter from the rain.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch? both, but the digital is used most.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received? Zero, but I have been caught with an expired driver's license.

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)? sewing and a bit of quilting.

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now? hot tea, gin later.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 03:52:25 pm by Toast »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 03:47:54 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?  If it's Jack, we're staying in.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?  air mattress

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain?  probably 50

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for? world peace

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get?  I won't shop at WalMart, but Rembrandt.

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?  show tunes, to sing along to

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?  400+  (edit: whoops, I read this as CDs.  make that 50)

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?  rare, please.

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?  don't like chains, prefer small independents

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming?  maybe this May

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?  black and white

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?  piano

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal?  very fond of greyhounds.

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?  coke, but we don't call it "pop", David.

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?  one

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?  The Shipping News

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?  Dell

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?  hiking

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?  I've never played, honest.

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?  tea-smoked duck

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?  yes! especially by the sea.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch?  analog, but it doesn't have any numbers

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?  none (honest)

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?  the ABCs of BBM, of course

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now?  diet coke, bourbon later.  Cheers, Toast.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 04:58:45 pm by southendmd »

mvansand76

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 04:13:36 pm »
I tell him to turn around, get in his car and drive the hell to Wyoming to be with Ennis.

Laptop with wireless internet so I can keep you all posted about the goings on!

Why do you want to know, Ennis? I have lost count!

To have Jake Gyllenhaal sit next to me on my April flight from London to New York.

Private Label of Albert Heijn, a Dutch supermarket

Alison Krauss, Gordon Lightfoot, Dixie Chicks, Bruce Springsteen, etc.

Just out of curiosity, Jack? Well, I think about 40...

Never in my liiiiiiife Ennis! I'll stick with beans...

Marriott. Not so keen on chains though.

Nope

Orange and white! Yep.

No, used to play the flute though.

Elephant!

Coke!

Two! Why does Lureen want to know, I would think Bobby would be interested in that!

A short history of nearly everything - Bill Bryson

Dell Inspiron

Relax in front of our dune cottage near the beach in Groet, North-Holland

Iko and Zelda

Indonesian rijsttafel

I get scared when it is the middle of the night, so I end up hugging my boyfriend to feel safe!

Analog

Three, and I don't even own a car, I love driving fast in rental cars!

Writing

Nothing Jack, can you hand me a beer?

mvansand76

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 04:16:23 pm »
I'm drinking Capri Sun (orange)

OMG- I loooooooooooooooooove Capri Sun, it always reminds me of the holiday car trips to France and Austria when I was young! They stay cold for so long! Oh the nostalgia!

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 04:58:20 pm »

I'd ask him if he is sure he wants to go out on a date with a woman!

An air mattress!

7 times

Just one wish? wow, that's a hard one to answer!

Colgate, I guess.

Willie Nelson's song about cowboys being fond to each other  ;D

Not that many

Sure!

I have none.

No  :-\

My kitchen is white as the rest of the apartment

No.

Both cats and dogs

Coke. I hate Pepsi.

Just one

It is in Spanish. Do you still want to know it?

I have no idea! Some european brand.

Hiking

None

Fish

No!

Analog

I don't own a car at this moment and I don't remember when was the last time I got one

Cooking

Water actually
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 11:46:31 pm »

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)? duh...computer chatting!! :laugh:

:laugh:   :laugh:

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites? I've only played one once (since the days when PacMan was new, anyway) and that was for a work assignment. It was a "Star Wars" game. I played with my son and it took me most of the time just figuring out how to get my guy to go forward in a straight line.

That sounds about like me Katherine! I have a difficult time figuring out many of those games too.  :)

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received? Zero, but I have been caught with an expired driver's license.

I'm not quite sure if that would be better or WORSE than a speeding ticket!  :D

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?  coke, but we don't call it "pop", David.

Yeah, we call carbonated beverages "pop" or "soda pop" here in the Midwest. Often times we will call cola a "Coke" regardless of what brand it actually is. Pepsi and RC are all referred to as a Coke.

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?  tea-smoked duck

I have never heard of tea-smoked duck before, Paul. It sounds pretty good though!  :)

Three, and I don't even own a car, I love driving fast in rental cars!

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Relax in front of our dune cottage near the beach in Groet, North-Holland

You've shown me some pictures of Groet, Melissa. It looks like a totally beautiful place!  :D

I'd ask him if he is sure he wants to go out on a date with a woman!

:laugh:   :laugh:  Good one Natali!

It is in Spanish. Do you still want to know it?

Yes please!!  :D