Author Topic: Old soul?  (Read 13177 times)

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
Re: Old soul?
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 06:31:38 am »

Thank you for the link Jude....When I think of old souls I think of people who have an inherent wisdom in their eyes, and who seem to intuitively understand the essence of  everything instantly. I don't think I am one. ..

Lots of love,
reanna

This is the answer I got from the quiz.

***You Are a Dreaming Soul***

Your vivid emotions and imagination takes you away from this world
So much so that you tend to live in your head most of the time
You have great dreams and ambitions that could be the envy of all...
But for you, following through with your dreams is a bit difficult

You are charming, endearing, and people tend to love you.
Forgiving and tolerant, you see the world through rose colored glasses.
Underneath it all, you have a ton of passion that you hide from others.
Always hopeful, you tend to expect positive outcomes in your life.

Souls you are most compatible with: Newborn Soul, Prophet Soul, and Traveler Soul
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 07:09:46 am »
Well this is me...

You Are a Seeker Soul 

You are on a quest for knowledge and life challenges.
You love to be curious and ask a ton of questions.
Since you know so much, you make for an interesting conversationalist.
Mentally alert, you can outwit almost anyone (and have fun doing it!).

Very introspective, you can be silently critical of others.
And your quiet nature makes it difficult for people to get to know you.
You see yourself as a philosopher, and you take everything philosophically.
Your main talent is expressing and communicating ideas.

Souls you are most compatible with: Hunter Soul and Visionary Soul 

Hmm... I guess this is very true of me.. except the "silently critical"... I tend to be "loudly critical"  ;D

As for Jake, look I have no doubt that he is a very evolved human being; and I make this judgment based on the fact that in his very young life he has achieved a lot and he seems to have his feet well and truly on the ground. He doesn't seem to make the same screw-ups that a lot of young actors can make, but I don't know how much of this is to do with his spirituality and how much of it is to do with his upbringing.  This comes down to the whole "nature vs nurture" debate, doesn't it??  We all know that Jake is basically a child of Hollywood and we could certainly attribute his level-headedness and maturity to the plethora of big name actors who he has starred with (not to mention those who are friends of his family) who would have given him advice about life in a "goldfish bowl" and how to survive it without smearing your name with booze, drugs and promiscuous sex.  Instead he's dealing with gay rumours.. *wry smile*..

Don't get me wrong, I make judgments about people having young and old souls (Barb, my boy is an old soul too, as is my younger sister), but I make sure I come to this conclusion based on all the information. Jake may BE an old soul, but then again, he might also simply be just a very-well-raised, wickedly intelligent, humble and talented young man that we are all extremely lucky to be so besotted with..  ::)

Just my $0.02...
Chut up!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 09:08:52 am »
He reminds me of a young JFK, Jr.  That guy knew the meaning of the word discretion.

Indeed.  And discretion truly is the better part of valor.  What a loss this country (and the world) suffered the night John-John died.  Still breaks my heart in two to think of it.
No more beans!

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 01:41:10 pm »
Oh Jake?

Nope, not even remotely.

Why so categorical RouxB?

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 01:57:01 pm »
When I think of old souls I think of people who have an inherent wisdom in their eyes, and who seem to intuitively understand the essence of everything instantly.
I see. Reanna, beautifully said. Your soul (dreaming) and my soul (prophet) are compatible, apparently..  ;)

Vic, would you say that all of 'your soul' (peacemaker) applicable to you?

As for Jake, look I have no doubt that he is a very evolved human being; and I make this judgment based on the fact that in his very young life he has achieved a lot and he seems to have his feet well and truly on the ground. He doesn't seem to make the same screw-ups that a lot of young actors can make, but I don't know how much of this is to do with his spirituality and how much of it is to do with his upbringing.  This comes down to the whole "nature vs nurture" debate, doesn't it??
Yes, it does. And you are right about Jake seemingly being a balanced and leveled young man (I mean, none of us really know him - he might have been a totally mad kid.. though I doubt it). I'm still not totally sure on how to qualify someone as being an 'old soul' though. Especially as opposed to 'young soul'..

(Barb, my boy is an old soul too, as is my younger sister)
Sheyne, what is it that makes you say that about your son? Can you be more specific (don't mean to pry though). Is this the one with Autism?

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

vkm91941

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 02:02:29 pm »
Vic, would you say that all of 'your soul' (peacemaker) applicable to you?

Yes Jude I'd say it is VERY accurate in that it has describes my role within my family perfectly.  I bristle a bit at the secretly judgemental thing.  However, I suppose if I'm totally honest that can be true in some instances, as I do not always suffer fools gladly. 

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 02:13:25 pm »
This is me:

You Are a Prophet Soul

You are a gentle soul, with good intentions toward everyone.
Selfless and kind, you have great faith in people.
Sometimes this faith can lead to disappoinment in the long run.
No matter what, you deal with everything in a calm and balanced way.

You are a good interpreter, very sensitive, intuitive, caring, and gentle.
Concerned about the world, you are good at predicting people's feelings.
A seeker of wisdom, you are a life long learner looking for purpose and meaning.
You are a great thinker and communicator, but not necessarily a doer.

Souls you are most compatible with: Bright Star Soul and Dreaming Soul

What Kind of Soul Are You?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatkindofsoulareyouquiz/

Hey, Jude, I'm one of your people.  I don't know about being a great thinker in my case, but it's true that I am more of a communicator than a doer.  For example, I could be very happy spending an entire weekend never changing out of my PJs and lying around like a slug on the coach, interrupted only by bathroom, food, and sleep breaks.  If I still had that luxury now that I'm the parent of a toddler.  Whereas my husband would come right out of his skin if he ever had to stay in bed due to an injury or illness, God forbid.  He's like a shark - he never stops moving, doing stuff, fixing things...  I wonder if he's a Bright Star Soul?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 02:17:21 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 03:47:07 pm »
"Why so categorical?"  Oooo, I hope the limb doesn't break...

Because, as much as I admire the work done by both Jake and Heath in this movie, I can't even begin to think I "know" them-and I am not a "rabid fan" type of person. Having Heath Ledger as my avatar is so out of character for me but I admire his performance in BbM so much that I felt the need to express it.

The public persona may be miles from the private so I get, um, skeptical maybe, when the masses attribute certain qualities to people in the public eye. I've seen and read the interviews, seen the movies, visited the fan sites and, to me, Jake Gyllenhaal appears to be a talented, nice, young man and those are about the only qualities that I feel I can realistically commit to-sorry, but I don't see him as the second coming. For the same reasons I originally said Jack was not, IMO, an old-soul goes for Jake (or anyone else I don't know) as well.

Or maybe I just need a nap  ;D

O0
The Dreamer Soul

Heathen

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 06:00:32 pm »
I'm a seeker.

I miss the old emoticons.  I guess I'll just say

:)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 08:23:28 pm »
That was a strange questionnaire.  The most personally disappointing question was "If you are ever a great success, it will be because..." and a list of a dozen traits.  None I felt fit me.  :'(

Me:

Retrospective Soul

The most misunderstood of all the soul signs.
Sometimes you even have difficulty seeing yourself as who you are.
You are intense and desire perfection in every facet of your life.
You're best described as extremely idealistic, hardworking, and a survivor.

Great moments of insight and sensitivity come to you easily.
But if you aren't careful, you'll ignore these moments and repeat past mistakes.
For you, it is difficult to seperate the past from the present.
You will suceed once you overcome the disappoinments in life.

Souls you are most compatible with: Traveler Soul and Prophet Soul