Author Topic: Lureen's questionnaire  (Read 6992 times)

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Lureen's questionnaire
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 10:32:28 pm »
Annie plays this scene with an expression that's very difficult to interpret one way or the other (at least for me).  Is she looking up in disapproval of the "mean comment" or is she looking up in disapproval of Jack?

I agree. The screenplay suggests it's supposed to be the latter. Which would explain why she doesn't stick up for him, along with not wanting to offend customers. But as played, the scene is hard to read.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 10:22:47 am »
heya,

This is just a quickie comment about the "mean guys"/"pissant"/tractor scene.  I wonder if that little scene comes across as a little confusing based on the way it's played and filmed.  Now, keep in mind that I haven't watched this scene for quite some time (I'm still forcing myself to hold off on BBM viewings for a while... I think I was OD-ing for a while), so maybe my memory of some of the details is a bit off.  But,  we see Lureen look up when the men are making their mean comment about Jack, but do we really see what she's looking at?  Annie plays this scene with an expression that's very difficult to interpret one way or the other (at least for me).  Is she looking up in disapproval of the "mean comment" or is she looking up in disapproval of Jack?

I agree. The screenplay suggests it's supposed to be the latter. Which would explain why she doesn't stick up for him, along with not wanting to offend customers. But as played, the scene is hard to read.

Is she disapproving of Jack or just disappointed in him? While I'm willing to accept that there is some of the former, to me the look on Anne's face conveys more of the latter.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 01:39:24 pm »
[quote author=Jeff Wrangler link=topic=8489.msg165147#msg165147 da
Is she disapproving of Jack or just disappointed in him? While I'm willing to accept that there is some of the former, to me the look on Anne's face conveys more of the latter.[/quote]

True. I guess I would characterize is as chagrin at the pissant comment, mixed with disappointment in Jack.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 02:35:27 pm »
[quote author=Jeff Wrangler link=topic=8489.msg165147#msg165147 da
Is she disapproving of Jack or just disappointed in him? While I'm willing to accept that there is some of the former, to me the look on Anne's face conveys more of the latter.

True. I guess I would characterize is as chagrin at the pissant comment, mixed with disappointment in Jack.

Yes! Chagrin is a very apt description of the look on Lureen's face!  :D And the disappointment is there, too.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 11:46:10 pm »
This has been very helpful in my research for playing Lureen later on tonite. Thank you!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 11:49:15 pm »
This has been very helpful in my research for playing Lureen later on tonite. Thank you!

:laugh: :laugh:
Break a leg Bud!
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 09:04:37 am »

bump for bump-fest!! 8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie