Author Topic: Production Mistakes I think they Made on the Movie  (Read 165074 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Production Mistakes I think they Made on the Movie
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2008, 12:35:03 am »
I remember asking about the dog food one other time......and someone mentioned that it may have been food for the dogs, that Jack put in the sack that he strung up when they set up camp.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2008, 12:37:15 am »
And about the white teeth.......I noticed how nice the teeth were on those ruffiens who Ennis argued with at the fireworks.......they just didn't look the type that would have such nice teeth.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2008, 01:11:00 am »

1) TS1 - "the mysterious laces" that tie and untie themselves

a - when Jack is trying to sleep alone, the laces are shown to be tied
b - Jack unties the laces when he yells at Ennis to get inside the tent
c- Ennis comes into the tent, covers up and lies back down, he is not shown retying the laces or for that matter having the time to do so
d- But, when the boys start their nookies, the laces are shown as tied again
e- when Ennis wakes up the flaps are again untied

maybe aguirre was sneakin' in for a closer look while the boys were busy? ;D

wow guys.  i never noticed this stuff before, and i thought i'd watched the movie a million times.  maybe i was in denial and didn't want to see mistakes.
i'm almost scared to watch the movie again now! :o
lol

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2008, 01:22:48 am »

16) the interior of OMT's home has been discussed earlier, and I echo the sentiments of those who also feel that is unrealistic. Mother Twist would have decorated that house with every little religious Jesus object and plaque she could find space for. Mother Twist would have had some plants and a colorful decorative table cloth as well, she had to show here individuality in the face of the tyrant OMT in some way.  The white, white everywhere color scheme would drive anyone snow blind by itself. Jack's room is touching but unrealistic, unless mother Twist deliberately redecorated it to resemble the room as Jack would have had in while he was a preteen.

I don't understand this at all.  I am familiar with three sects of Protestantism, and all of them have in common an aversion to 'Jesus objects.'  My mother's family used to deride the Catholics who moved into our neighborhood for their 'idolatry', and images of Jesus and Mary, because it was against their sect's precepts to wear crosses or to have images of Jesus or Mary, even on and in  their churches.  The religious objects in the Twist home are what I have seen in the PRotestant homes among which I grew up: a simple biblical homily on the wall such as 'Bless this house' and a simple unadored cross.  That is what my grandparents had in their house, or a Desiderata, and one simple cross.

And, having had family who were old style settlers, their farmhouses were as unadorned and stark as the one pictured in the Twist household.  I don't know how you can chalk up to 'production mistakes' items that to me, belonging to a long line of Protestant believers, seems to match pretty exactly.

A 'mistake' is something like Jack straightening up from a shot where he places a piece of wood, and in the next shot, the piece of wood he has not touched has magically vanished, which I noticed today... or the hood of the truck being ajar in the first shot and being firmly closed in the next shot with no one closing it.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: IMDb Goof List
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2008, 01:33:41 am »
Well, good for you. My eyes are only sharp enough to notice Heath's lack of underwear lines.

no drawers no socks.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2008, 02:19:31 pm »
Regarding the credits listing so-called "extras", I believe early versions of the script had speaking scenes for some of them; specifically the waitress in Signal and the assailants.  I don't know the rules about their inclusion in credits if their scenes eventually get cut. 

Interestingly, some early sources used to list the cast including Valerie Planche, as if she were some major star; when in actuality, the actors were listed in order of appearance (or non-appearance as the case may be).

Tatoo girl really does stand out.  Very odd choice of casting.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2008, 07:57:09 pm »
Artiste,

Jack and Ennis didn't go up the mountain until the following morning.  Joe Aguirre said, "Tomorrow mornin' we'll truck you up to the jump-off."  After they left Aguirre's trailer, Jack and Ennis walked over to the bar in Signal and spent some time there.  But they had lots of time to kill until the next morning.  While it's not shown in the film, it's conceivable that Jack (either with or without Ennis) took the truck for a drive -- maybe to get something to eat or to see if there was anything going on in Signal -- and backed it into the parking space when he returned. 

As I recall when Jack and Ennis are trying to get Jack's truck started it is parked not in the parking lot of Aguirre's trailer, but in front of an adjacent garage. I think that we can assume that Aguirre would not wish for Jack's beat up truck to be parked in his lot next to the other junk rusting truck that was already there, he probably had Jack park the truck in a garage and charge him rent.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2008, 07:58:04 pm »
Perhaps while we were all focused on the quick-release of his belt buckle, that wily Jack used his other hand to expeditiously tie the flaps so Ennis could not escape!  ;D

;D  best answer I've heard yet!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2008, 08:01:05 pm »
I remember asking about the dog food one other time......and someone mentioned that it may have been food for the dogs, that Jack put in the sack that he strung up when they set up camp.....

not enough space in the packs carried by the mules to haul up enough food for those dogs and some feed for the horses too ! And where did Ennis keep the dog food up in the pastures?  I  never saw them feed the dogs. I'm just worrying about the dogs, that is all  ???

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2008, 08:01:45 pm »
And about the white teeth.......I noticed how nice the teeth were on those ruffiens who Ennis argued with at the fireworks.......they just didn't look the type that would have such nice teeth.

good point!  ;)