Author Topic: Cats, cats, cats, stories...??  (Read 20147 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Cats, cats, cats, stories...??
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2007, 12:47:25 am »
Yup, there's not much that can get a cat angrier than bath-time.  They're so cute when they're wet though... they look like little mad chrysanthemun flowers, with their fur all spikey.

Vivien likes to sit on the edge of the bath tub when I take a bath and once in a while this ends very badly... with her slipping in and freaking out and then running around the apartment all wet.  It's like she's deliberately testing fate or playing a game with herself... pushing the water limits.

:laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:

Vivien sounds so cute, Amanda!

I think it will be a very long time before Oreo trusts me around the bath tub again. He remained angry at me for the rest of the day. Later on he forgave me, but developed a gas problem.  :laugh:  :laugh:

Maybe he was trying to punish me. i don't know. If he was, it worked!  :laugh:
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2007, 12:54:11 am »
Oh don't give Cry Baby away Jess!!! He's soooo cute!

I think cats try to achieve a "pecking order" just as dogs do. Maybe this is what they are doing. And Milli is probably "talking" to Cry Baby when she cries and hisses. It's not really meant for you, but something between the two of them.

But in the end, what ever the reason is, I'm sure they will learn to get along.

I doubt I will get another cat; at least not right now. Cody (my dog) and Oreo are a complete handful for me at the moment! But they sure are cute.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2007, 12:57:37 am »
when my Fred was a kitten he could walk all the way around the tub. Then he grew up..and that belly roll wouldn't fit anymore!

One day I was laying back in the tub floating and relaxing when the lights went out. I opened my eyes to see a wide expanse of white fur directly over my face. Time stood still as he realized he wasn't going to be able to make it around the tub and I realized he was losing his balance....in slow motion I flailed to get out of the way (cause the last thing you want is a panicked cat in ya face!) as he began a slow motion descent into the tub with me...

now you remember what it was like when you were bathing Oreo?? Imagine being naked in there with him while he was trying to have his escape.

I don't know which got out of that tub quicker...

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Oh my God Jess. That was SOOOO funny!

Seriously, I'm glad you're okay! I can't even imagine how awful that was for you!

But I can't stop laughing!!!!

Oh God.....  :laugh:  :laugh:

.... I'm so sorry!!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Poor Jess and Fred!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2007, 01:16:59 am »
Jess, you have some of the cutest stories!  :)

When I was a kid, we had a black cat. Jet black, with bright green eyes. We named him "Devil" and it was a good name for him too, because he was a devil; maybe even a demon. But he was very cute.

Every morning he would walk into my parent's bedroom, hop up on their bed  and bite my mom on her toes....HARD! He wanted her to wake up and feed him. But I'd hear her yell "ouch" (I'm being kind with the language here) and I knew it was time to get up and dress for school.

That cat was a wonderful "alarm clock"!  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2007, 01:26:53 am »

Fred would go out on the porch (had no interest in descending to walk about in the grass that was for dogs and people) thought it a great idea to sit on the porch and watch the lower species going about their business

and I thought it was a wonderful idea too to let him take the air and all....until I realized he was EATING water bugs! I informed him that I would no longer be allowing him to kiss me anymore with his bug breath self! He was a tireless hunter...could hear a bug crawling three rooms away and would act just like a pointing dog. He would point them out and I would run and get the broom to sweep them out. He would stand by in case they gave me the slip.

My second cat was NOT a good hunter....he would occassionally catch something but insisted on bringing it into the house instead of eating it! He would bring it in and release it for ME to catch...One day I was on the phone with my mother when he came strutting thru the door. I heard a cicada hummin and started looking for it....it was IN HIS MOUTH! I started yelling "DON"T SPIT IT OUT!! DONT!!" threw down the phone and grabbed him and threw him back out the door....

Oh God!! How awful!!  :P

We get those cicadas here in Indiana too. They look like miniature flying monkeys. Big fat awful looking things! It's really terrible when they are flying loose in the house.  :P

I'll never forget those love bugs down in Florida. Yeah, there really is such a thing. I had to deal with them when I lived in Florida. We put screens on the fronts of our cars to keep them from clogging up the motor. They stick together when they mate and that's why they call them "love bugs". Disgusting little critters.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2007, 03:23:38 pm »

One more story - when she was still very young, we had a table lamp that had this sort of bowl that wrapped around the base of the lamp.  Lucy would carefully get up into it, and then melt from the warnth of the lamp into a perfect circle that filled the entire bowl, head twisted under, nose to tail tip, just a limp puddle of melted cat.

My kitty kat Pepper likes to curl up in in the bathroom sink.  I imagine if I had such a lamp she would do the same thing as Lucy.

;)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2007, 03:26:46 pm »
I remember holding him and thinking I couldn't save him. I couldn't save myself. I couldn't save anyone.

Jess, ....

:-\
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2007, 03:33:29 pm »
Haha. It's kind of funny now, but it sure wasn't funny the other day. I knew he would fight me, but I had no idea it would be so bad. He's a small cat too, especially for a male cat. How can such a small animal inflict so much damage in such a short period of time?

Okay Jess. Now tell us one of your cat stories! You have two cats. I'm quite certain you have some stories to tell us.  :)

Small cats are the wiggliest!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2007, 03:38:10 pm »
Thanks David, and notBastet!!

It is interesting to hear your views on cats!!

Hugs, hugs!!

Offline opinionista

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2007, 03:43:53 pm »
My kitty kat Pepper likes to curl up in in the bathroom sink.  I imagine if I had such a lamp she would do the same thing as Lucy.

;)

A boyfriend I used to live with back in New York had a cat who loved to sit on the kitchen sink, especially when it was wet which I found strange. She forced us to always do the dishes right after eating, because if we left them on the sink she would break them. I tried to talk to him into changing all glasses for plastic ones but he didn't like it. She was a careless cat. 
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.