Author Topic: One Man Men  (Read 44801 times)

Offline Bucky

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: One Man Men
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2006, 01:52:08 am »
No worries JT, I gathered as much.  I was only playing after all. ;)

Aww, sometimes I wish we were all in the same room so I could give people a hug when they say something like that.  You know I don't think it matters if you've had a hundred partners or none at all, as long as you have love in your heart and you're happy with being yourself.  I've not had a relationship for a couple of years and I couldn't give a rat's.  Maybe I'm a romantic fool but I believe that someone special is out there waiting for me to find him, and even if there's not I'm happy being me and that's enough.  I hope that you're happy too JT.

Chris I couldn't agree with you more.  I think the most important thing is to have love in your heart and just be happy being yourself.  That really works for me and as the years have passed I can see it clearly now.  I haven't had a relationship that was seriously intense in twenty two years and I am not really looking for one but like you said I think one will come along some day but I am not looking for it as I am comfortable with myself right now.  You have put into words the things I feel in my heart.   

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2006, 05:40:24 pm »
No worries JT, I gathered as much.  I was only playing after all. ;)

Aww, sometimes I wish we were all in the same room so I could give people a hug when they say something like that.  You know I don't think it matters if you've had a hundred partners or none at all, as long as you have love in your heart and you're happy with being yourself.  I've not had a relationship for a couple of years and I couldn't give a rat's.  Maybe I'm a romantic fool but I believe that someone special is out there waiting for me to find him, and even if there's not I'm happy being me and that's enough.  I hope that you're happy too JT.

Well I'm glad you're happy with yourself, Chris.  I am happy the way I am too.  I'm a romantic also.  lol  I believe there's a Jack some where out there for me even if his name is not Jack.  But for now, it's all right.

Bucky, I'm glad you share this sentiment also.  Looks like your doing fine too.  Lets all have an internet group hug.  lol

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2006, 05:43:40 pm »
((((((((((( HUGS )))))))))))
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline JT

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2006, 05:52:32 pm »
((((((Group Hug)))))))) lol

moremojo

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2006, 06:22:16 pm »
(((((((BETTERMOST GROUP HUG)))))))

:)
Scott

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2006, 06:31:00 pm »
This reminds me of my June 11 Bettermost dream. See if you agree:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2397.msg41250#msg41250

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2006, 06:37:24 pm »
This reminds me of my June 11 Bettermost dream. See if you agree:

Cool, bugs can't hurt us while we hug!  Thanks Lee.
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

moremojo

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2006, 06:38:33 pm »
Your dream does seem serendipitous, Lee! Hugs were our salvation there, and what some of us seem to be craving at the moment. I have had the honor and pleasure to hug three of my fellow Brokies and BetterMostians, but not nearly enough...never enough...

By the way, I had a bittersweet dream this weekend of Alma Jr.'s wedding. Ennis was in attendance there, but he was a sad figure, with the hopes and virility of youth well behind him. The spark of happiness had passed onto Junior, who looked into the future with bright countenance. Ennis receded into the background, like a gray ghost.

Offline JT

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2006, 07:35:34 pm »
Your dream does seem serendipitous, Lee! Hugs were our salvation there, and what some of us seem to be craving at the moment. I have had the honor and pleasure to hug three of my fellow Brokies and BetterMostians, but not nearly enough...never enough...

I think many people lack hugging even touching in general.  In today's world we hardly get to hug or touch another person, especially men.  So I think hugging is very therapeutic in many ways.  Jack and Ennis definately lacks touching, so when they touch, sparks seem to fly.  They seem so at peace when they can freely touch or hug each other.  It's wonderful to have this cyber group hug.  lol

By the way, I had a bittersweet dream this weekend of Alma Jr.'s wedding. Ennis was in attendance there, but he was a sad figure, with the hopes and virility of youth well behind him. The spark of happiness had passed onto Junior, who looked into the future with bright countenance. Ennis receded into the background, like a gray ghost.

It is as you say, "bittersweet" but still kind of sad.  Ennis is happy for his daughter but he will always think of Jack and regrets about the outcome of his relationship with Jack.  In the movie, we see him happy when Alma Jr. said she's gonna get married, but when she leaves, Ennis thinks of Jack again when he sees the two shirts.  Your dream seems like an extention of that scene.  It's amazing that you dreamt about that.  That's exactly how I would imagine when Ennis attends Jr.'s wedding.  He'll be there for her so that she could see him, but remains in the background as to avoid other people, especially his ex.

moremojo

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2006, 07:59:14 pm »
It is as you say, "bittersweet" but still kind of sad.  Ennis is happy for his daughter but he will always think of Jack and regrets about the outcome of his relationship with Jack.  In the movie, we see him happy when Alma Jr. said she's gonna get married, but when she leaves, Ennis thinks of Jack again when he sees the two shirts.  Your dream seems like an extention of that scene.  It's amazing that you dreamt about that.  That's exactly how I would imagine when Ennis attends Jr.'s wedding.  He'll be there for her so that she could see him, but remains in the background as to avoid other people, especially his ex.
I don't remember dreaming about Jack and Ennis in many months, and I think this was the first "Brokeback" dream of mine in which another character was given prominence. I remember seeing Ennis with the shirts before the scene changed to Alma Jr. standing at the altar--Kurt remained a shadowy, indistinct figure in my mind's eye. There was a song playing in accompaniment to my dream, but for the life of me, I can't remember it. I should have written my dream down; like so many dream details, that element evaporated soon after I had awoken. What I most clearly recall is the expression of quiet, confident happiness on Junior's face.