Author Topic: Rawhide  (Read 13505 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Rawhide
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 11:49:00 pm »
Thanks for the update report!  Can't wait to read this next installment!
 :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 09:37:03 pm »
**warning, spoiler**

I really liked this chapter Bud!  I thought it was very sweet, and again, very well written and authentic feeling.  I loved the detail of the gift left on Jack's pillow!  It's an interesting and amazingly affectionate gesture given how conflicted Ennis is about his feelings at this stage.  Can't wait for more!
 :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 09:43:09 am »
**warning, spoiler**

I really liked this chapter Bud!  I thought it was very sweet, and again, very well written and authentic feeling.  I loved the detail of the gift left on Jack's pillow!  It's an interesting and amazingly affectionate gesture given how conflicted Ennis is about his feelings at this stage.  Can't wait for more!
 :)

more spoilers

Well said, Amanda!   I'm enjoying everything about this story - it is full of small, but wonderful, meaningful details.   Jack teaching Ennis to read is such a sweet touch - it's giving them this sort of "safe" intimacy that's allowing Ennis to open up.  And the "maggitatized" discussion among the ranch hands was so funny and real - one of those little moments that add so much to a story.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 10:10:47 am »

I too am enjoying your story very much..I also like the authenticity with which your story is moving along...thank you for giving us such a well written story and using the realizism of the time to make it true.             janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 06:14:58 pm »
Very effective writing, PetiteMiel!  I've only read the 1st chapter, but I'm hooked!  I really like what I read and will finish the remaining installments sometime today or tomorrow.  Welcome to Bettermost, PetiteMiel!  It is good to have you here!  :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 10:34:25 pm »
Hi PetiteMiel!

I happened to see you on line earlier when you posted your new chapter earlier this evening.  You may have realized that we were having some technical issues.  And, as part of rebooting the forum, it seems that some very recent posts might have gotten lost (at least for now).  So,  I thought I'd do you a favor and repost your link! 

Can't wait to read it!

http://petitemiel.livejournal.com/7618.html

Offline PetiteMiel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 10:57:56 pm »
Hey, I didn't realize when I posted the update that the server was going to be down or that the post might be lost. That's what I get for having my mind on Jack and Ennis and not the big red message you guys left at the top of the page. LOL  But can you blame me? Thanks for reposting the link. I hope you like the next chapter.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 07:41:29 am »
Thanks Amanda and Petite!  I know I'll enjoy the next chapter. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 02:24:44 pm »
That's what I get for having my mind on Jack and Ennis and not ...  

That's exactly where it should be   :).

Welcome to BetterMost, lil' hon  :D. I also discovered your story a bit later and read the first five chapters in one go. I'm enjoying it immensly, in particular the feel of authenticity.
But now you gotta get back to writing. You can't leave 'em like you did (chap 8 ) for long. You need to fix this asap  ;).

Offline PetiteMiel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 04:04:21 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. It's great to get new readers who are willing to play catch up. Glad you're liking things so far and don't worry, I'm off to write right now just checking the boards first.