Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 367593 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #290 on: September 04, 2007, 04:54:42 am »

Hehehe!  Oh yeah!!

(for those of you who are wondering what we're on about .... if you refer to a woman's fanny, you may think you're talking about her bottom, but in the UK, you're referring to bits around the front, not the back!!! )

Susie

Yeah. And just imagine how bad it is if you tell a British guy to get HIS fanny up to bed!

It ain't a pretty sight. Trust me! 

They don't like it much.  :P
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #291 on: September 04, 2007, 05:17:08 am »
:laugh: Poor Alex!!

I remember telling my American co-worker to "Shut your gob" once.  "What's a gob?" was her reply, she looked horrified, thought I was being obscene or something.

Susie 

What?? POOR ALEX?

Poor David!!

He almost KILLED me!  :laugh:

He was mean to me.  ;)  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #292 on: September 04, 2007, 07:14:34 am »
What?? POOR ALEX?

Poor David!!

He almost KILLED me!  :laugh:

He was mean to me.  ;)  :D

oh yeah, I can just imagine how he 'punished' your impudence.... 8) 8) ;)

injest

« Reply #293 on: September 04, 2007, 07:28:41 am »
I have a newsticker scrolling across the top of the screen. They put up a little of everything but if something newsworthy happens they stick it in there too.

now to me, a NEWSTICKER chould put up things that happened recently.

instead they keep repeating crap from a month ago....not all of it...just bits mixed in. Like they keep repeating over and over a story about some football player faking an injury to keep from getting cut from the team. Has nothing else happened in football since then? Shouldn't there be a time limit on how long you run a 'news story' on a newsticker??

injest

« Reply #294 on: September 09, 2007, 12:54:50 pm »
ok little gripe...heck, I been griping all over the place...ran off all my friends

might as well go all the way and gripe here too!

My mother is on disability. She insists on buying the cheapest crap she can find...although we give her money and we have EXCELLENT beef for her to eat...

She went somewhere...I don't EVEN know WHERE in the world...and bought a frozen tray of sliced turkey and gravy. She is INSISTANT that I come eat that with her. I have avoided it as long as I can. My stomach is turning just THINKING about trying to eat this off brand offal. Why?? Why does she INSIST that I be the one to come eat it??

I called her and told her I would come over and cook her a good homemade meal this evening....she said no...we HAVE to eat that dang turkey to get it out of her freezer...I should have snuck over there and thrown it away while she was at my sisters!!  :P :P :P

I know it is going to be awful...and I just don't believe in eating stuff that you don't like...we eat too much junk anyway in this country. Why eat stuff you don't want?? That is wasted calories..ARGH!!

(I know...petty but oh my god I am dreading going over. I guess I will just look at it as taking medicine. And she wonders why I am so reluctant to spend time with her)

bet you anything she bought it at the Dollar Store. If I get sick I am gonna be P*****off...

hmmm....refuse to eat it and watch her cry or eat it and puke....decisions decisions...

I have too much stress in my life for this kinda crap...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2007, 01:01:29 pm »
Just eat some of the side dishes, cut the turkey up and push it around---is there a dog? When she's not looking--slip it to the dog. That kinda makes me sick too, Jess.

My granny would get these little hams that were in tins shaped like the ham--you know the ones I mean? I would never eat it. She would try to cajole me into it, but I didn't. I wasn't a picky eater, but I had to draw the line at those!! LOL

Your mom live thru the depression? I think that's why my granny saved leftovers for TOO long--and she ironed wrapping paper.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #296 on: September 09, 2007, 01:03:43 pm »
Just eat some of the side dishes, cut the turkey up and push it around---is there a dog? When she's not looking--slip it to the dog. That kinda makes me sick too, Jess.

My granny would get these little hams that were in tins shaped like the ham--you know the ones I mean? I would never eat it. She would try to cajole me into it, but I didn't. I wasn't a picky eater, but I had to draw the line at those!! LOL

Your mom live thru the depression? I think that's why my granny saved leftovers for TOO long--and she ironed wrapping paper.

Shasta....there will be no side dishes....she thinks that is a whole meal!!

I think I will open some beans or something....lort anything to help...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #297 on: September 09, 2007, 01:05:09 pm »
Shasta....there will be no side dishes....she thinks that is a whole meal!!

I think I will open some beans or something....lort anything to help...

LOL--you can bring the dessert Jess--something so yummy that ya'll can't wait to get to it!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #298 on: September 09, 2007, 01:08:07 pm »
I can't figure out the playlist for the ice cream vendor in my new neighborhood.  I almost couldn't believe it when I heard the tinkly little bells playing "Greensleeves" to lure children out to buy icecream.

Greensleeves?

But it got more bizarre today when the truck came around playing "It's Now or Never" - Elvis Icecream truck?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

injest

« Reply #299 on: September 09, 2007, 01:20:17 pm »
the other gripe of the day (ok ONE of the other gripeS of the day)

I have been working more than usual the past couple of weeks. 'Boneyfingers' has had a sick family member.

The process is. Money comes in. I count it. Record the sales on a sheet of paper. Add the sheet up and compare to the amount of money I send to the bank.

then I give it to ol fingers and she enters it into a sales report on the computer and into an accounting program on a P&L report. This has to be done everyday and it all has to match.

My figures. Her sales report. P&L.

Last Wed (a week ago...ten days) she was off $50. well, she had to go so she said she would look at it the next day....ok...now we are one day behind.

she comes in the next day....we are OVER...we are SHORT....we are Over again...we are short again...
finally eight hours later she decides I have made a $18 mistake. I am confused as how I could have made a mistake when my figures balanced when I handed her the paperwork!! and she says herself that my figures match up.."You just did something, it is easy to do"...

ok. Now we are two days behind.

but she still won't move on...she is going to find that $18!!

Three days behind...

Four days behind...

now we are TEN days behind in recording our sales. I went to the boss and told him..'the longer this goes on the WORSE it is going to be...write OFF the $18 and move on..." That is when I discover that she is now saying we are over a THOUSAND dollars short!!!!!!

A THOUSAND!!

how?? how can we go from an $18 shortage to over a thousand dollars! I went ballistic!

I told the boss I had been keeping each day seperated...so we could balance EACH day by itself...Boney came tearing in there and got all my paperwork and mixed it all up...there is no way to fix it now. I could scream. He said we were gonna have to have a meeting tomorrow and it is GOING to be straightened out.

I am SO looking forward to going to work tomorrow. Boneyfingers is their god's gift to the world...they believe anything she says.