Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 370480 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2007, 08:14:55 pm »
From the gorgeous, strong women thread:

Katarina Witt sucks blue donkeys IMO.

Perhaps it was the way she was trained, but she was accused by other skaters and somewhat admitted in one interview - after the Curtain fell - to using intimidation tactics on the ice.  During rehearsals she would intentionally skate too close or land too close to an opponent, try to run them off the ice into the wall.  Then when called on it, she would put on an innocent face and pretend it was just an accident.  I understand that mind-games are part of the competition, but these type of tactics could easily turn into an injury - they are wearing sharpened metal blades - so her actions were reckless and showed a definite lack of conisideration to the safety of her fellow performers.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2007, 09:08:29 pm »
commercials for feminine products....try watching TV with a group of teenaged boys...

:P

I want to see a commercial with a dad and son walking on the beach...

"Dad, sometimes.....I just don't feel ....' fresh'"

"Son, it is time for you to try Jockwash!"

"Does it work?"

"Its what I've always used!"

"Thanks DAD!"

and they hug!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh God Jess, those commercials are the WORST!!  >:(

But you failed to mention those Erectile Dysfunction commercials. God how embarrassing! And now they're airing those commercials at 4:00 in the afternoon. I feel so sorry for all those parents out there. I wonder how many times a child has walked up to his or her father after listening to one of those commercials and asking him "Daddy, do you have problems achieving an erection?"

Actually, all these drug ads piss me off. Why are they advertising to us? It's not like I can just run over to my neighborhood pharmacy and and buy them. Nearly every one of them requires a prescription from a physician. They should be advertising to the doctors; not to us!  >:(  >:(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2007, 09:30:01 pm »
Speaking of ads, actually all drug and medical advertisements on tv really give me the creeps.
Something just doesn't seem right to me about advertising serious medicines, knee and hip replacements and even cancer treatments on tv as if they were soap or cereal.  Also these companies spend so much money on these ads, that's part of the reason why they charge so incredibly much for all medicines. The whole system really bothers me.

Just realized I am repeating what you said David, well I certainly agree with you.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 09:36:10 pm by Cameron »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2007, 06:40:27 pm »

Well my complaint on those dang drugs is they seem so scary...They all have
a list of precautions a mile long.  Seems like more of them would make you sicker
than anything you may have wrong with you to begin with.

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2007, 06:44:33 pm »
DEL!!!

:laugh: :laugh: ;)

You the bomb!

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2007, 06:48:28 pm »
DEL!!!

:laugh: :laugh: ;)

You the bomb!

What did I say?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2007, 08:27:06 pm »
What did I say?

I think Jess liked your comment about Katarina Witt, Delalluvia. It was pretty funny!

:laugh:  :laugh:

injest

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2007, 09:06:28 pm »
I think Jess liked your comment about Katarina Witt, Delalluvia. It was pretty funny!

:laugh:  :laugh:

I think Del is very clever and resourseful!

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2007, 09:41:44 pm »
Oh, OK.  I just happened to have said a lot on this particular thread and was wondering to what Jess was referring.  Thankee kindly.   ;D

Just goes to show what I was talking about true equality.  Katarina is undoubtedly an excellent skater, a true competitor, lovely to look at, but that doesn't make her a hero or someone to look up to.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2007, 10:07:33 pm »
She had a cameo on Everybody Loves Raymond once. Ray met her when he was receiving a sportswriter's award.

She is pretty, but I don't think I've ever seen her skate.