Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 367679 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #310 on: September 23, 2007, 01:13:50 pm »
there are five million pens in this house and not a ONE that WRITES!!!

DAMN it!

:laugh:  :laugh:

I have the same problem Jess. Where do they all come from? They must all get together at night and mate with each other. It's like the Broken Pen Fairy came to my house and did a drive-by. And I don't know about you, but I have dozens of pencils with their erasers missing. ARRGHHHH!! Where do all those erasers go? Do they just fall off? And if so, how come I never find any of them on the floor? I think they just vanish into thin air!

Or the erasers are all dried up and as hard as a rock. That makes me mad too!  >:(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #311 on: September 23, 2007, 01:18:29 pm »
Check your dust buster for the erasers--or Cody! Do you all have the missing sock mystery too? I have a ton of mateless socks, and I am NOT above wearing non-mates!!  ;D  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #312 on: September 23, 2007, 01:24:23 pm »
Check your dust buster for the erasers--or Cody! Do you all have the missing sock mystery too? I have a ton of mateless socks, and I am NOT above wearing non-mates!!  ;D  :)

Oh I don't think Cody would be eating the erasers. He's not that nimble. The cat maybe, but not Cody. Now, Cody LOVES to chew electrical plugs. I can't leave anything with a plug laying around because he'll find it and chew it up. He chewed the plug to the vacuum a few weeks ago, and I got shocked when I plugged it in.  >:(

injest

« Reply #313 on: September 23, 2007, 01:43:39 pm »

I have worn mismatched socks... ;D ;D

;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #314 on: September 23, 2007, 01:46:31 pm »

Oh I hate it when one of my socks goes missing! Sometimes they will cling to the top of the dryer barrel, but I keep a very close eye on all my socks. I always bundle my socks together. I place one on top of the other, and then pull the opening of the sock over the other one, so they can't get away!  :)

injest

« Reply #315 on: September 23, 2007, 01:52:25 pm »
       Plain old Colgate for me.. I CANT tolerate all those new tastes.....Its like David says puddin in a tube.  Yukk

and another toothpaste gripe...

why is it they have to change stuff up? I like Close Up red gel. That is it, simple..red package..... BUT NO!! you go to the store and you have to PSYHCOANALYSE every single different Close Up to see how they have changed up the packaging to find the one you want! or try to guess what the 'NEW IMPROVED" name of the same old flavor is.

grrrr!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #316 on: September 23, 2007, 01:53:26 pm »
Something else that bugs me is the ONE shoe laying on the side of the road. It doesn't really bug me. It just makes me wonder about people. Why ONE shoe? What happened? Did somebody take off one of their shoes, leave it there and then continue walking down the road? That seems strange, doesn't it? Sometimes I think people throw a shoe out the car window as a joke, just to give everyone else something to think about.

I've always wondered about the one shoe on the street. Talk about a mystery!  ???

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #317 on: September 23, 2007, 02:05:40 pm »
okay, now you have me wondering.  I saw one near my office down in Melbourne... a woman's shoe.  It looked expensive.  I wondered if the other had been flung in a bush and she just discarded the shoes... but there it was.  One shoe.

Edit:

I found a hilarious website article devoted to the Lone Shoe!!!!

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a3_124b.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #318 on: September 23, 2007, 03:08:42 pm »
okay, now you have me wondering.  I saw one near my office down in Melbourne... a woman's shoe.  It looked expensive.  I wondered if the other had been flung in a bush and she just discarded the shoes... but there it was.  One shoe.

Edit:

I found a hilarious website article devoted to the Lone Shoe!!!!

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a3_124b.html

Now that one really makes me curious. Why would someone toss an expenisve shoe into a bush? That doesn't make any sense even if it was a joke. Either this person was extremely wealthy, or totally off their rocker.  :-\

.... or BOTH!  :laugh:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #319 on: September 24, 2007, 06:18:27 am »
Quite a few years ago, when my son Lance was about three, my husband and I were driving near our home and I was musing out loud about the lone shoe on the road phenomenon. As I said this, I pointed to a boot I spotted. Then, as I looked at the boot, I said, "That looks awfully familiar." My husband slammed on the brakes and said, "That's Lance's boot!" It turned out, the day before when he picked him up at day care, he put Lance's boots on the roof as he buckled Lance into his car seat. We actually retraced the route to the day care and found Lance's second boot. The thing that was surprising was that the boot that I saw, which would have been the second boot to fly off the roof, had managed to stay on the roof for a three mile journey from the day care to (almost) our house.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!