Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3213975 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3710 on: February 21, 2008, 08:50:20 pm »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3711 on: February 24, 2008, 02:23:56 pm »
Bit of news about Jake:

All wrapped: The big-name flick Brothers ended its filming with a party at the College of Santa Fe, where much of the movie was shot at the college's Garson Studios. Jake Gyllenhaal, one of the movie's three stars, stopped by the event. Tobey Maguire and Natalie Portman, however, were no-shows.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Leisure/El-Mitote_02_24_2008

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3712 on: February 27, 2008, 01:34:03 pm »
Always forget about this thread, here is a bit of news about Jake:

Jake attended the pre Oscar party on Saturday:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a90159/pitt-jolie-avoid-meeting-aniston-at-bash.html

http://thebosh.com/archives/2008/02/brad_pitt_and_angelina_jolie_avoid_embarrassing_meeting_with_jennifer_aniston.php

On the iheartjake message board you can find a pic of Jake at the party.  :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3713 on: February 27, 2008, 01:51:59 pm »

Always forget about this thread

I feel like the Gyllenhaalic activity here (and maybe generally in his fan base/ maybe in response to his rather minimal public activitiy lately) is a bit in hybernation-mode or in a wait-and-see mode.  Of course there have been spurts of activity here off and on recently too.  But, it's interesting to see how the activity here vs. HHH has changed in the last month.  JJJ was always the larger-number-of-post thread (often by a lot) up until January.

As time moves along, it will continue to be interesting to see how these two threads evolve.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3714 on: February 27, 2008, 02:35:54 pm »
I never thought the day would come that I'd say this, but at the moment I am pretty disenchanted with Jake Gyllenhaal. For a number of reasons (none of which relates to who he's dating). It's actually painful to have to admit it, but there it is. So I for one may not be posting much here in future unless things change (back).

I continue to love Jack Twist and Donnie Darko and Bubble Boy, though. And Robert Greysmith. (sp?)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3715 on: February 27, 2008, 02:37:22 pm »
I wish I could understand this phenomenon of disappointment or disenchantment with Jake.  I was always a bit amazed about the fervor of the Jake fan phenomenon, now I am even more bewildered by the change of feeling.  Can anyone explain this for me ?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3716 on: February 27, 2008, 02:41:33 pm »
Don't you think it's a personal feeling for each single individual fan? Though there may be - and probably are - common denominators, certainly.

I am fully able to explain my personal reasons, but I don't feel like doing so. People would jump in trying to defend Jake (or criticise me) and what would that serve? I would still feel the same about Jake. Only Jake can do things to change my feelings. I'm waiting to see if that occurs. I hope it does because I'm totally bummed about this situation. I'm not going to lie about it to myself and others though.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3717 on: February 27, 2008, 02:46:15 pm »
Mikaela I can appreciate that. If you wish to share in private message I am truly interested in frank answers, but I can understand a desire also to not appear to be critical of Jake.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #3718 on: February 27, 2008, 02:47:56 pm »
(((Mika)))

I know, *sigh* it's all very puzzling isn't it?
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #3719 on: February 27, 2008, 03:08:19 pm »
I never thought the day would come that I'd say this, but at the moment I am pretty disenchanted with Jake Gyllenhaal. For a number of reasons (none of which relates to who he's dating). It's actually painful to have to admit it, but there it is. So I for one may not be posting much here in future unless things change (back).

I continue to love Jack Twist and Donnie Darko and Bubble Boy, though. And Robert Greysmith. (sp?)

Mikaela I hope you don,t mind me asking and forgive me if I,m being nosey, but would your disenchantment with Jake at the moment, have anything to do with the fact that as far as I,m aware, he hasn,t said anything in public, ie a statment regarding Heath? I won,t bite your head of for your views I can assure you. Your as entitled to your views as anyone else. I can,t help wondering why he hasn,t said anything. I appreciate fully it must be hard for him, but I honestly would have thought he would by now. No he doesn,t HAVE too, I just thought that he would have.  :-\