Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3211312 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4040 on: June 28, 2008, 04:45:46 pm »
Tu es beau Jake G. !

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4041 on: June 30, 2008, 10:21:16 am »
Jake G., do you know how BRAVO butchered your BM movie ?

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4042 on: June 30, 2008, 12:26:22 pm »
I'm still counting on that other rumour being true about both of them setting off for a cycling holiday in Tuscany.  :)

We're leaving for Tuscany next wednesday. Wouldn't it be nice to run into them? We could invite them to come over with the kids to our holiday house for a swim and a bbq. My husband could take Jake for a little tour on the bike, see who's got the 'best legs'!  ::)

*sigh* Ah, well, a girl can dream I guess.  :)

Well that would just be the icing on the cake.Either way you will have a lovely time,Tuscany is stunning.The people are so friendly, the wine is wonderful,plentiful and cheap, and the food is to die for !!!!
It is one of the few places I have been where all the hype is justified.
Have a wonderful time.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4043 on: June 30, 2008, 12:41:12 pm »
Are you there too Jake G. and free to talk without being disrupted by radicals ?

Be safe !

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4044 on: June 30, 2008, 03:21:32 pm »
Oscar buzz for Jake for Brothers  ;D:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55357

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4045 on: June 30, 2008, 03:46:30 pm »
Hmm...that's good, but it's just speculation, isn't it - since most (or all?) of the films listed haven't premiered. And the list fails to include TDK, for instance - from the reviews we've seen so far, I wouldn't count it out of the best movie category race, either. (I don''t mean to be contrary, I just like such stuff better when it's based on more solid ground.)

It'll be very interesting to read the reviews once Brothers does premiere, though. The main cast contains very good actors and the buzz from the test screenings sounds promising.

As for Jake's Oscar chances, or that of any film he's acting in - at least he will have the expert advise readily on hand from someone who's a veteran and an expert in campaigning for an Oscar, no holds barred. Granted I normally don't pay close attention to such things, but Reese Witherspoon's campaigning in advance of her Oscar win in 2006 was so intense it was impossible to miss it. Combined with the fake and exaggerated modesty when she accepted the award, it came off as unpleasantly indignified IMO and it's one of the reasons I haven't got very much respect for her as a person.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4046 on: June 30, 2008, 03:58:49 pm »
Yes TDK is getting positive reviews so far, but it's still a comic book movie and Oscars usually don't go for it. Maybe if Heath continues to get good reviews he'll have a chance? Who knows?

The early test screenings were excellent for Brothers and if the buzz continues to be so positive, i think the movie and it's actors have a good chance to be nominated. It's the kind of movie Oscars go for. Also, i heard the original film is awsome.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4047 on: June 30, 2008, 07:42:26 pm »
Yes TDK is getting positive reviews so far, but it's still a comic book movie and Oscars usually don't go for it.

You're right in that, - on the other hand, that the Academy didn't award Fantasy type films was an accepted truth till Return of the King swept the board with its 12 wins.

If only the film in question has enough quality merits going for it, and makes a huge heap of money besides (Lord of the Rings as well as Titanic presedence here!), the Academy may well not be able to pass it by. I just read that TDK has 8 times the advance ticket sales that Spiderman 3 had at the same time before the premiere.... and with the reviews the film is getting, it's a safe bet that it'll rake in the cash by the serious bucketloads.

As for the quality of TDK.... a very strong ensemble of actors in all major roles, of course, a well-renowned director, superb SFX, and the most recent review I linked to oover in HHH said that "The Dark Knight qualifies as the first official comic book adaptation that truly succeeds in being a great artistic achievement in its own right."

So Superhero movie or no, I wouldn't rule the Oscar nom out!

In addition, there's the current trend of there being made so very many superhero/fantasy type films. The major actors and actresses who haven't got one superhero or another (or a ditto arch-villain) under his role belt by now are really very few and far between. The very fact that they're all doing this kind of role, and making this kind of movie, should also make them more willing to nominate and vote for that kind of film, I would be thinking.

This is me musing in general, not me arguing that TDK should get a nomination. I haven't seen the film, I may think it horrible for all I know yet, and undeserving of any accolades at all. But it's interesting to ponder this by now so prolific genre of film and related roles, in terms of awards too. And who knows... maybe this one is paving way for Prince of Persia and/or its actors in next year's award shows?  ;)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4048 on: June 30, 2008, 08:10:14 pm »
Be safe Jake ! Love you !

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4049 on: June 30, 2008, 08:37:20 pm »
I'm still counting on that other rumour being true about both of them setting off for a cycling holiday in Tuscany.  :)

We're leaving for Tuscany next wednesday. Wouldn't it be nice to run into them? We could invite them to come over with the kids to our holiday house for a swim and a bbq. My husband could take Jake for a little tour on the bike, see who's got the 'best legs'!  ::)

*sigh* Ah, well, a girl can dream I guess.  :)

Be sure to keep us posted on your adventures and 'best legs' sightings!

;)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."