Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3210563 times)

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4260 on: September 11, 2008, 04:18:48 pm »
The Top 10 Young Actors with the Most Anticipated Roles. Jake is no 1 with Brothers (2009) and PoP (2010).  :)

http://themovie-fanatic.com/exclusive_articles/spotlight_of_the_week/top_10_most_anticipated_roles/

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4261 on: September 13, 2008, 11:04:51 pm »
Wow. Jake's family history is just awesome and interesting. Yeah, I didn't know that Paul Newman is his godfather. Wow! I knew Jamie Lee Curtis is his godmother but Paul Newman as the other godparent...cool!
And the history about his mother, Noami, is wonderful.

That's great about Jake being #1, MilAn. I can't wait to see Jake in "Brothers". He'll do great.

Btw, even though it's a little late for this but guys, on Sept 11th, people will remember.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4262 on: September 16, 2008, 01:51:36 pm »
I can't wait to see Jake in "Brothers". He'll do great.

I think so too. :)

Here's Jake enjoying ice cream in Morocco:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Hln2AEigAz4/SM_kwXL8P7I/AAAAAAAAJcM/qrSYS84d-So/s1600-h/Heat+Aug+Sept+2008+morocco.jpg

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4263 on: September 16, 2008, 11:24:06 pm »
I think so too. :)

Here's Jake enjoying ice cream in Morocco:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Hln2AEigAz4/SM_kwXL8P7I/AAAAAAAAJcM/qrSYS84d-So/s1600-h/Heat+Aug+Sept+2008+morocco.jpg

Oh, cool! Thanks! At first I didn't recognize him. I've forgotten that his hair is long at the moment. ;D And who doesn't LOVE ice cream? Just today, I ate some venilla with chocolate chip cookie pieces and they were delicious! I wonder what kind was Jake eating in that picture. Oh well! :D :D

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4264 on: September 17, 2008, 02:57:18 am »
I can't wait to see Jake in "Brothers". He'll do great.

You don't hear a lot about Brothers, do you? IMDB says it will be released in Holland in February next year.  :o No news about when it will be released here in Belgium.  :-\

I liked the original version and I'm curious to see what this movie will be like. I think Jake will be good in it.

I'll just have to be patient.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4265 on: September 19, 2008, 10:10:43 pm »
Yeah. The anticipation is killing me! But, I'm a very patient person.
I bet he'll do excellent in it. I have hope. And I know you and everyone else are. :)

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #4266 on: September 27, 2008, 11:19:30 am »
Does anyone know what Brothers is supposed to be about?

I can't wait to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua!  (And Jamie Lee Curtis is in that.)

I remember when this picture came out, it was mentioned that you can see that Jake is wearing contacts.
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4267 on: September 27, 2008, 09:44:53 pm »
I think the movie is about two brothers:one who goes off to war and the other stays behind. The brother that went to war supposedly had gotten killed and his brother is comforting his girlfriend or wife, I guess. That's all I know.

Oh and I can see the contacts in his eyes all right. But, he has such beautiful eyes that you'll get lost into them. :)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4268 on: October 02, 2008, 10:55:52 am »
BROTHER has been pushed back till the Fall of 2009... Can't believe it. Gotta wait another year to see the film.

"Brothers Pushed

Comes the news from Jeffrey Wells and Hollywood Elsewhere today that Brothers is now looking at a late summer or fall '09 release. Yes, two thousand nine. 2009.

Brothers producer Mike DeLuca says, The decision to hold was basically due to the "crazy full fall for serious movies" this year, he says. "We love Brothers and want to blitz in Cannes, but it's just too crowded this year for a wide fall release and an Oscar campaign."

A key factor in the decision, he says, is that costar Jake Gyllenhaal is unavailable for year-end p.r. due to filming on Prince of Persia and "we can't promote this movie without jake. So Cannes makes most sense. I'm super proud of the movie and a major unveiling on the Cote d'Azur with all cast present is too good to pass up."

Read the whole article here.

Nice to know how essential to the marketing campaign Jake is."

http://gyllenbabble.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=15

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4269 on: October 02, 2008, 11:07:55 am »

Hunh.  Well, that's a bummer.   :-\  But, it sounds like their reasoning for pushing it back is pretty sound.

And, this article also implies that we won't be hearing anything from Jake for quite a long time in terms of official appearances and interviews.
 :-\

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie