Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9340250 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11220 on: August 14, 2012, 08:56:01 am »
Have fun with the bowling, Chuck.  Maybe there'll be some new and interesting people to meet this season.

I'm off to Belfast in a few hours, at the invite of my ex-boyfriend after 6 years apart.  Should. Be. Fun.  Staying a month.  Maybe more...

3-hour layover at Heathrow tomorrow from 07:50 to 10:50 in morning.  Love being called "luv" by all the vendors:)  Hopefully all the Olympics crowds will be well out of the way by then.  Wish Fiona would want to come and say hey and have a hug, but I'm sure it's too far and too much trouble, so I won't even ask.

Have a blast in Indy this weekend.  Will be thinking of you guys.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Online CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11221 on: August 15, 2012, 07:08:08 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Well, bowling went MUCH better than expected!  Having not bowled in over a month, I figured I should be happy with scores of 100.  LOL

We bowled two games last night, my first was a 128, and my second was a 186, a new league high for me!  I'm getting closer to the elusive 200 game!

;D

Today is the last day of work for me, and then tomorrow I'm flying to Indy!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11222 on: August 15, 2012, 05:16:46 pm »
Have a wonderful brokie time in Indy, Chuck!!   :-*

And congrats on the bowling!  ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #11223 on: August 16, 2012, 10:31:34 pm »
Hiya!  Just a quick message to say I'm safe in Indy!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #11224 on: August 17, 2012, 12:32:57 am »

Have fun, Chuck!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11225 on: August 17, 2012, 02:05:57 pm »

:D Have a great Brokie-time! :-*

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #11226 on: August 21, 2012, 12:03:59 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Sleeping in feels soooooo good!  :laugh:

Today is my last day of vacation (for now) so I'm just relaxing today, doing my laundry from the trip, and catching up on stuff that has built up while I was away.

I posted my story of the Indy weekend in the thread for it, hope you enjoyed reading it!  ;D

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11227 on: August 21, 2012, 04:36:01 pm »
So glad to see you met up with Betty(NeatFreaK). I met her in Chicago in 2010 (just before I attended the dinner in New York). A marvellous lady who has coped so courageously with cancer in the last year.  Betty drove from Indianapolis to Chicago for the day to drive me down the main drag in her convertible then we did a launch tour of canals and lake before lunch. We keep in touch by following each others blogs. If I had realised you were meeting her, I would have asked you to give her a big hug for me.

I flew back home to NZ last night (nearly 7 weeks away). Strange that, after less than 3 years living here, I felt quite emotional as we flew over the west coast.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #11228 on: August 22, 2012, 08:19:37 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

A'yup!  I'm back in my cube today.

Actually, the pile I expected wasn't as bad as I thought, so I'm happy about that.  However, I do have 163 emails to plow through!  LOL

I'm not surprised about that at all.

So glad to see you met up with Betty(NeatFreaK). I met her in Chicago in 2010 (just before I attended the dinner in New York). A marvellous lady who has coped so courageously with cancer in the last year.  Betty drove from Indianapolis to Chicago for the day to drive me down the main drag in her convertible then we did a launch tour of canals and lake before lunch. We keep in touch by following each others blogs. If I had realised you were meeting her, I would have asked you to give her a big hug for me.

I flew back home to NZ last night (nearly 7 weeks away). Strange that, after less than 3 years living here, I felt quite emotional as we flew over the west coast.

Were your ears burning?  Your name definitely came up during conversations in Indy between Betty and I.

Actually, it was at dinner Sunday night, we were talking about the traveling I was doing, and I had mentioned my trip to NZ to see Matthew, and meet you, Kerry and Rob.  She told me about the time she spent with you, she has very happy memories of that day!

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #11229 on: August 23, 2012, 07:33:52 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hiya everyone!

The weekend is getting closer!  ;D

I need to run to the store today, while I was out everyone here plowed through all the chocolate that is out for the picking, and I'm the one who always replenishes the supplies.   :laugh:

Not my money, everyone pitches in to the cost, but I'm the one who does the actual shopping, so I have to get this done.  I have requests for Twizlers, 100 Grand bars, dark chocolate.  I'll probably toss in some white chocolate as well for good measure.