Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9348802 times)

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #9750 on: April 26, 2011, 02:49:59 pm »
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Chuck.

I think I remember when you reconnected with an old high school buddy, or at least remember you talking about it later.  Sorry Paul died so young.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline ZK

« Reply #9751 on: April 26, 2011, 09:17:38 pm »
((chuck))

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9752 on: April 28, 2011, 08:00:16 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I was waaaaaaaaaaay too busy to post here yestserday, so consider this yesterday's post!  LOL

Work was off the wall!  I had to prepare a funding for a new mortgage for a new client.....$5,500,000.00.  Of course, this stuff never goes easily, there were a few snags along the way that caused issues. 

Thankfully, all went well!

yesterday's travel destination:

Monument Valley, Arizona & Utah, USA.

A rough but highly scenic 17-mile dirt loop road runs past starkly eroded, skyscraper-sized buttes and sculpted spires in Monument Valley, a park administered by the Navajo Nation and once the location of choice for John Ford Westerns.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9753 on: April 28, 2011, 08:08:48 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is well today!  ;D

Well, yesterday was crazy at work, I'm hoping that today is much better!  I have an RA meeting this morning, about 10:30 and thankfully, I've managed to get everything accomplished that I was asked of, so when my immediate supervisor asks me about it in the meeting, I can give a good answer, and look good!

;D

Many thanks on the posts of support for my friend, Paul.  He was a good guy.  I hope his parents and siblings are doing ok.

Skies are getting very dark here, and it's supposed to be very rainy.  Perhaps we'll lose power?  it's happened here before!

Today's travel destination.

Taktsang Monastery (also called The Tiger's Nest) in Paro Valley, Bhutan.

As this fantastic and very special monastry is a steep climb up the hill (900 meters), it is advised to visit it at the end of your stay in Bhutan, when you are acclimatised to the altitude.  For people who want, a pony can be arranged for the ride up only, and until the cafeteria.  From there it is another steep walk, and then the steep and narrow stairs until the Monastry itself.   Your guide can organise a permit to enter the monastry.  Inside you have to leave your bags and camera's at the entrance.  The view is great and the atmosphere very holy, a place where every Bhutanese will want to come at least once in his life.  This is the place where Guru Rinpoche brought Buddhism into Butan, arriving on the back of a tigress.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline dejavu

« Reply #9754 on: April 28, 2011, 10:44:31 am »
Good morning, Chuck.  Good luck at your meeting.

So far, so good, on the weather front here in Philly, but the storm system hasn't gone away yet.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #9755 on: April 28, 2011, 11:31:41 am »
Thanks for the Monument Valley pic, Chuck.  Mikaela and I can testify to the beauty of that place!  8)

Be careful out there in Jersey!  There are tornados in the western part of the state, and they're moving east as I write.  Channel 7 has the info on a crawl.  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #9756 on: April 28, 2011, 02:04:02 pm »
It's hard to believe how many people were killed by the storms in the South.  Seems like nowhere is safe these days.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9757 on: April 29, 2011, 06:27:02 am »
Oh to able to afford a $5.5million mortage eh!?!

Bhutan looks amazing..
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline dejavu

« Reply #9758 on: April 29, 2011, 12:12:02 pm »
Good morning, Chuck.

Was that a personal $5.5 million mortgage, or a commercial mortgage?
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9759 on: April 29, 2011, 03:46:14 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

My goodness!   I'm late!  But, better late than pregnant never!

Yes, can you imagine a $5.5 million mortgage?  Damn!  And Debs, remember, I work in the commercial area of the bank, it's a commercial mortgage.  Anything I do is commercial related.

Well, I leave work in half hour, and thank God!  I need the weekend!

Today's travel destination:

Galapagos Islands.

STraddling the equater 600 miles off the Ecuadoran coast, the Galapagos nurture an amazing roster of wildlife in an eerie, moonlike atmosphere.  Visit on a cruise and you may find that the animals, which have no instinctive fear of man, are as curious about you are you are about them.