Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8929677 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13230 on: September 30, 2014, 03:31:33 pm »
You just confuse me, as I am a day ahead  ;D

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #13231 on: September 30, 2014, 03:42:39 pm »
Speaking of Halloween, you'll never be as cute as this baby dressed up as spagetti with meatballs I just found, Chuck!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #13232 on: September 30, 2014, 03:45:54 pm »
Here's one dressed up as Dalai Lama.

Do you see what he's doing, Chuck?

He's clutching his pearls!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13233 on: October 01, 2014, 08:35:03 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  It's cold in the office today!!

I may actually go down to the car and get my lightweight flannel to put on over my work clothes.

yesterday the people were here to fix the air conditioning, it was over 80 in the building.  Now, I think they did their job too well!

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13234 on: October 01, 2014, 08:36:12 am »
Today I need to decide which bus to catch to the city, have lunch at Subways and go to our 60+ club meeting (first Wednesday of the month) to meet friends, put my name down for monthly activites - movie, culture and coffee group, tavern lunch, deal with any questions about the hiking group I organise, listen to a speaker  (today a Red Cross nurse) followed by coffee and chatting before the bus home. At least it is school holidays so the bus home will not be crowded with school kids  :) but Subways willl be at lunchtime. >:(

sounds like it was a busy day for you yesterday!  How was lunch and your meeting with your friends?

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13235 on: October 01, 2014, 02:24:00 pm »
sounds like it was a busy day for you yesterday!  How was lunch and your meeting with your friends?
As expected the Mall was crowded with kids and I had to sit on a high stool at a bench to eat my subway (Italian with 3 pepper chicken and avocado :)). I am too old now to sit for long without a back to the chair.  >:(  Subways here have much more choice than in the USA. My first night in LA, being jetlagged, I went to the Subways at Union Station and was confused with the lack of choice and no avocado. Also there were no seats. I had to stand at a high table. A week later, I went to one in Denver near my hotel. There were seats but still a different menu to home.
The meeting was very interesting with a woman in her 50's who has been a nurse with the Red Cross in Afghanistan. She was quite funny especailly explaining how they were training Afghanis to work in theatre etc. Male doctors could not touch their women patients even in gynaecology (no wonder there is a  high mortality) but in theatre, a woman anaesthetist would put the woman under and then the male doctor could go to work.
Also as a foreign woman she was regarded as a "third sex' and could go into male wards while no local woman doctor or nurse could. I coud go on and on. They could not understand why she was not married in her 50's and she had lots of proposals, she was not interested in being the 2nd or 3rd wife.

My hiking group has a problem. This year (while I was in the States) a new 'woman' joined. She is a tranny. That is not the problem, she seems to have other mental problems perhaps arising. Last hike was a bit harder than usual. I was at the back (Tail end charlie) and she said "I feel sick".  I said "Have some water" she said "I do not have any" I told her she must never hike without water. She had not brought lunch, just a mandarin, her shoes are shocking, hardly good enough to wear down the shops let alone up a hiking track and no hiking stick. I think she is very poor, probably on disability benefits. She told me she will be 65 at the end of the year so is not yet on our very good state superannuation (given to all over 65 but taxed). I think she was surprised when I said I was 70. Eventually she could not go any further and I had to run ahead and find the rest of the group and say we were going back. Some of the group are insisting I tell her to buy proper equipment and some have offered boots - depends on her shoe size.  I have decided to wait and see if she comes next Tuesday which will not so difficult a hike  The previous leader has warned me the hardest part is telling people they are no longer up to hiking with us. She herself dropped out at the end of last year which is why I took over.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13236 on: October 02, 2014, 08:23:04 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Ah yes, it's that time again!  :)

I've been asked to put together a Hallloween luncheon at work, since it falls on a Friday and we'll be in 'business casual' anyway.  It should be fun.

:)

Sonja, loved the baby in the spaghetti and meatballls outfit!  LOL    :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13237 on: October 02, 2014, 08:33:21 am »
Brian, very interesting post!

Yes, I've noticed when I've traveled that chain restuarants have different menus in different countries.  I would guess it's more reflective of that country's tastes.

I found the story about the Red Cross nurse very interesting, specifically that she was looked at as a 'third sex'.  I wonder why that was?

As for the new hiker that joined your group, I hope she is able to adapt to the hikes.

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #13238 on: October 02, 2014, 03:22:08 pm »
A few months ago, my workmate of 12 yrs moved on to another job (much more money) and I am missing him so much.  We had alot of similar interests and we could talk about anything (looks wise, he is an old hippie with long white hair and a beard).  When I had to take 3months off to recover from an operation, his wife told me how much he missed me.  He is an atheist, a birder, a potter etc.  Now I'm left working with a creationist and a conspirisy
theroist. And my boss who is here part time replaced him with a female part time bartender.  Now I am the old experienced one minus the long, white hair. :laugh:
Now when I come to work I have no one to talk to about something I heard on the radio or some animal I saw or some strange political stuff or strange religion.  It's not so much fun to come to work right now. ;)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13239 on: October 03, 2014, 08:10:13 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Happy Friday to you all!  For me, it's pay day too!  ;D

Hope that everyone has some fun plans for the weekend!   Tonight I'm going to a friend's house for dinner.  So on the way home I'm stopping to get dessert, and then give the apartment a quick clean up, shower and shave, and then to dinner.

I'm thinking I'll get some 'stuffed' cupcakes.

Saturday is a 'nothing' day, so I'll use it to give the apartment a good cleaning, it's been a while since I've done that, and I'll decorate the windows for Halloween.

Sunday is lunch iwth the parents and laundry day.