Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9100699 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13390 on: December 23, 2014, 11:22:24 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Hope that everyone is doing well.

Tonight is the last night of bowling before the holidays, but it's my night off, so I won't be there.  I had intended to make brownies and bring them anyway, but that didn't work right.  Not sure what happened, but they just didn't turn out at all!  Oh well!!!  I'lll get to bed a a usual time tonight.

Didn't sleep so well last night, and woke up before the alarm, but it was still dark.  Turned to my clock to see what time it was, and the clock was off.  I got up, and found my apartment had no power.  Looked out the window, and some of the traffic lights were out, so a portion of the town was out of power.

I called my parents and asked them to drop by the apartment at 9:30 to make sure power was restored, and if not, to take my food to their place so I wouldn't lose it all.  They called to say when they got to the apartment, power was back.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13391 on: December 23, 2014, 11:24:07 am »
I'd totally love you as a coworker Chuck!

And I also received my Card - thankyou v much! Always feels like I'm getting a card from Rich at the same time :)

Ah....yes.  I must say, the cards I gave out this year are not the same brand that he gave.  He used to send Leanin' Tree cards.

That being said, I felt the card was 'western' enough to evoke that memory.  I'm glad it did for you.  You're not the only one who has said they feel like they get a card from Rich when I send mine out.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13392 on: December 24, 2014, 10:00:34 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Checking in from the office.....no 'bigwigs' around today, early dismissal (3:00) and right now Lite FM is playing one of my fave Christmas songs -  Underneath The Tree by Kelly Clarkson.

I've already got a bunch of stuff done, to make sure I can leave early, as I'm supposed to.  LOL

When I get home I need to bake some brownies, and meatballs and tortellini for Christmas lunch.  :)

Mom only knows I'm doing the brownies.  She wasn't planning on any Italian food for Christmas, but I had to have it.  LOL

So I figured, why not supply it?

Hope you all have a great holiday season, no matter which holiday your celebrating.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13393 on: December 24, 2014, 04:10:21 pm »
Happy Christmas Chuck and all others who read here.

I do not have your email. I know you gave me your phone number when I visited NYC but do not know what happened to it.
More and more of my friends are dropping cards and sending email at Christmas . Means less and less cards to use for decoration. I guess it saves money, especially my Australian friends.
It is now after 7am on Christmas day in Australia.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13394 on: December 24, 2014, 05:12:12 pm »
Merry Christmas Brian!! And to all in the West, a happy Christmas Eve!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13395 on: December 26, 2014, 10:17:19 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

So why the animated stripper?  LOL

Little bit of an explanation.  That is "Bonnie".  Bonnie is a character from the cartoon Family Guy, and the wife of police officer Joe Swanson.  Joe met Bonnie when a raid took place on the strip joint she worked at.  Of course, they fell in love, and she quit stripping and married Joe.

In a flashback episode, we see them meet, as the song "Africa" by Toto is playing.

Well the radio is on in the office, and Christmas music is gone, and "Africa" just started to play, and I immediately thought of Bonnnie.  LOL

Christmas was good, if tiring, and of course, I feel like I didn't sleep enough last night.

At work now, been here for over 2 hours, and have had no emails or phone calls.  LOL  Nice slow day so far!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13396 on: December 26, 2014, 11:16:39 am »
Oh, at first I thought you were going to say your family went out for some entertainment after Christmas dinner! That Toto song is really iconic. I remember playing it for my daughter and we started dancing in the kitchen.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13397 on: December 26, 2014, 11:44:36 am »
Oh, at first I thought you were going to say your family went out for some entertainment after Christmas dinner!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Family day at the strip club!  I can just see us taking 1 year old Trenton and getting him an early start!

That Toto song is really iconic. I remember playing it for my daughter and we started dancing in the kitchen.

I will say, I really like that song.  I'll start rocking my head and singing along if I hear it.

Almost been at the office for 4 hours, still no emails or calls from clients.  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13398 on: December 26, 2014, 02:35:40 pm »
Almost been at the office for 4 hours, still no emails or calls from clients.  :laugh:

It's now 1:30.  Been at the office for 6 1/2 hours.  I've had maybe 3 emails from clients,  and 0 phone calls.  LOL

*fingers crossed for early dismissal at 3:00)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13399 on: December 29, 2014, 04:13:04 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Time for the post holiday blues to start sinking in.  LOL

To be honest, it's not so bad at the moment, but I am bummed out that radio is not playing Christmas music.  LOL  Actually, the station we listen to at work fades them out easily, now we hear one maybe every ten songs, and they're more like "Winter Wonderland" or  maybe songs about the Christmas tree, as those are still up, but songs about Santa and reindeer and such are gone.

I've been instructed not to take down anything until Jan 6th, which is the Epiphany.

We did get to leave work early on Friday, and this week we'll leave the office early on Wednesday, and I'm sure Friday again.

:)