Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9234547 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13500 on: March 04, 2015, 12:22:26 pm »
Happy for you to get the ticket, Chuck!

Too bad about your coworkers, hopefully they'll replace them.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13501 on: March 04, 2015, 01:28:40 pm »
Got to work early and got some major stuff done, then, at 10am was called into a sales meeting.  Turns out that one of the people I report to (Mary) has opted to retire.  Then our team leader (John) announced he's leaving the bank.  They still  have not replaced one person who left late last year, so by April 3rd, we will be down three people.

Mary and John are very well liked here, so for theh rest of the day, everyone was in a daze, and completely unproductive.

Maybe they'll promote you. Then it'll be time to par-tay!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #13502 on: March 05, 2015, 10:09:20 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yuppers, it is snowing again here!  Not sure when it started, I woke suddenly at 2:30 am and looked out the window, and nothing.  Woke again at 7:00, snow everywhere!  They're predicting that it will stop sometime this afternoon, and we'll have up to 8 inches on the ground.

anyway, I made it to work, and I may be the only one here for my team!   :laugh:

Dennis is working from home, Maria is in Boston, Shirley called out, Sid is working from home, no word from Mary, Jay may get here after lunch, Tim, John, and Steve are working from home, no word from Pamela.

A nice, quiet day!!!!  :)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13503 on: March 05, 2015, 10:18:18 am »
Happy for you to get the ticket, Chuck!

Too bad about your coworkers, hopefully they'll replace them.

Thanks Sonja, and yes, they better replace them, quickly!

Maybe they'll promote you. Then it'll be time to par-tay!  :D

There's no way I'd want their positons!  :laugh:   I'm just a paper-pusher here.  The two who are leaving have sales goals, and I don't want to have that hanging over my head!  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #13504 on: March 05, 2015, 05:46:56 pm »
Don Wroe's cabin in snow!! Very pretty, Chuck!  ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13505 on: March 06, 2015, 10:10:27 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

We're keeping this pic today, because it's so pretty, and that's what NJ looks like now.

Happy TGIF and pay day to you all!

Weatherman says that we're out of snow (lol) and the next 7 days should be sun and warmer temps, so what we have on the ground will melt.

No major plans for the weekend, just some light cleaning and such.  And don't forget that this weekend we 'spring ahead' with the clocks.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13506 on: March 07, 2015, 07:49:16 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Just a reminder that this is the night that we move the clocks ahead for an hour.  We lose an hour sleep.   Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

And that means that everyone is going to be crazy at work on Monday.   :laugh:  I don't know why, but it always seems that the Mondays after fall back and spring ahead everyone is all screwed up.

Anyway, it's been a quiet weekend, tomorrow is laundry.  Other than that, not much going on.  Tuesday is the release date for the new Madonna CD, I'll be picking up my copy after work.  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13507 on: March 08, 2015, 04:02:25 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Madonna's back, because I printed my ticket from my email account.  Yes, it's printed 6 months too early, but it's safely attached to my refrigerator, and I'll just get more excited as the days go on.  ;D

The CD is released on Tuesday, and I'll be at the store after work to get my copy, as well as a copy for my brother.  The vinyl version is coming via mail, as well as the vinyl versions of prior albums MDNA and Confessions On A Dance Floor.

Bright and sunny today, and while not as warm as it could be, I do have the kitchen window opened to let some fresh air in.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13508 on: March 09, 2015, 08:50:25 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Ugh, I got little sleep last night!  I thought I was having an allergy attack, my nose was all stuffed and kept running.  I took my allergy meds, but they didn't help.

This morning I took some Contac cold and flu, but they don't seem to be helping too much either.  LOL   I assumed it was allergies because I had no other symptoms, headache, fever, sore throat, just the congestion in the nose.

Once everyone else gets here, I think I'll leave early, go home, and rest.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13509 on: March 12, 2015, 09:09:48 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope everyone is feeling well, I'm finally feeling like myself again!  Spent the day home on Tuesday, only ventured out of the apartment to pick up a copy of the new Madonna CD, and that was worth it.

Yesterday returned to work, and went to my boss' 'good-bye dinner' at a sports bar called the Fox & Hound, good food and drinks, a good time was had by all.  Getting home was a bitch, because some fool managed to crash into a phonepoll and knocked it down over 3 lanes of freeway.

Traffice was snarled for hours.

Today my supervisor (Maria) is out of the office, and I don't think John will be here, as his last day is tommorrow, so I may sneak out at one point and get my taxes done, if I can get an appointment.