Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3132290 times)

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5500 on: October 13, 2006, 11:54:07 pm »
Ranchgal it seems that Ennis did know that Francine went upstairs judging from the following exchange.

Ellery: So how come Francine don’t want ta stay?”

Ennis: “I don’t think she likes the bar. She acted funny when we went in, wandered around upstairs an then said it was smoky. She probably is havin problems with her asthma again an don’t want ta worry me about it. I used ta have insomnia worryin about Francine’s asthma, an she knows all that, so… don’t press her, all right?”

I  guess I didn't read  that part carefully enough then, thanks for pointing it out, I still think he has pretty much spaced it off as he wouldn't have thought anyone else was in the bar anyway.
AND the asthma is a good enough excuse---She and Jr seemed to be covering themselves well by then.   AND he would figure, if she saw some stranger in the bar--she would have hollared about it, she is kind of flightly anyway.     Besides, they will be gone early, according to their plan, and I just don't see it being an issue, but I have been wrong before, and certainly will be again.

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #5501 on: October 14, 2006, 12:45:55 am »
Been searching for boys with long, black hair and olive/tan skin.  Think this one could pass for a Hispanic character like Sergio? He certainly does have long, wild hair!
Height: 180 cm / 5' 10''
Weight: 75 kg / 165 lbs 
Hair: Black
Preference: Top
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

Marco now works as a professional fashion model. He was one of the cuddliest and most sensual boys George ever met, relaxed and totally happy all the time.
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5502 on: October 14, 2006, 12:51:44 am »
Another Sergio candidate?  Antonio Sanchez - model.  His hair is in a ponytail.
NavyVet

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5503 on: October 14, 2006, 12:57:08 am »
One more cutie - hair might not be long enough.
NavyVet

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #5504 on: October 14, 2006, 01:08:18 am »
It's occurred to me that whenever Louise introduces a new character this is leapt upon as an excuse to post numerous pictures of half naked good looking men! I mean how many pix of possible Wes and Ednas did we post around here?
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #5505 on: October 14, 2006, 01:19:21 am »
I  guess I didn't read  that part carefully enough then, thanks for pointing it out, I still think he has pretty much spaced it off as he wouldn't have thought anyone else was in the bar anyway.
AND the asthma is a good enough excuse---She and Jr seemed to be covering themselves well by then.   AND he would figure, if she saw some stranger in the bar--she would have hollared about it, she is kind of flightly anyway.     Besides, they will be gone early, according to their plan, and I just don't see it being an issue, but I have been wrong before, and certainly will be again.

You may be right Ranchgal. Then again Ennis does tend to have a mind like a steel trap where Ellery and the girls are concerned. Once something registers on his radar he doesn't let it go. Remember how he brought up the conversation he saw Ellery having with Simon out the back of the bar the next day?
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5506 on: October 14, 2006, 04:57:24 am »
It's occurred to me that whenever Louise introduces a new character this is leapt upon as an excuse to post numerous pictures of half naked good looking men! I mean how many pix of possible Wes and Ednas did we post around here?

Heh heh, that's SO true Jo!  ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5507 on: October 14, 2006, 04:59:44 am »
You may be right Ranchgal. Then again Ennis does tend to have a mind like a steel trap where Ellery and the girls are concerned. Once something registers on his radar he doesn't let it go. Remember how he brought up the conversation he saw Ellery having with Simon out the back of the bar the next day?

Yep! Ennis is like a pit bull where they are concerned! He might let go for now because they've gone home but I'm pretty sure it will come up again.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5508 on: October 14, 2006, 07:17:24 am »
I mean how many pix of possible Wes and Ednas did we post around here?

not many, i agree.

SPOILER(ish)

i would give money to see the look on Wes's face when Ellery tells him 'sex happened'  ;D  :o
Do you think Wes would tell Edna about that? hmm, maybe not. I don't think Edna told Wes about the vaseline either.

I loooove Wes and Edna. Great characters, Ellery and Ennis are very lucky to have such wonderful 'parents/in laws'.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5509 on: October 14, 2006, 08:50:06 am »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/134068.html  "Chapter 33:  Unwelcome Company"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 09:02:13 am by louisev »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”