Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3182808 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5200 on: October 09, 2006, 07:36:25 am »
Hmm,  looks like a deleted scene outside of Alma jrs house.     Maybe Ennis was tidying up the truck while waiting for her?    Lord knows he doesn't want to go inside and see his ex wife!    Too bad it didn't make it into the final cut.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5201 on: October 09, 2006, 07:41:47 am »
*sighs*  ;D

« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 09:43:15 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #5202 on: October 09, 2006, 07:44:48 am »
Hmm,  looks like a deleted scene outside of Alma jrs house.     Maybe Ennis was tidying up the truck while waiting for her?    Lord knows he doesn't want to go inside and see his ex wife!    Too bad it didn't make it into the final cut.

Could be. I wonder when the CD with deleted scenes is coming out or if it is ever coming out!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5203 on: October 09, 2006, 09:52:41 am »

think of me kindly tomorrow if you don't get an update!

We always think kindly of you Louise. We can hardly complain if you don't get to update for a day or so - good lord, we're spoilt enough as it is. However, it does turn into a daily addiction  ;D

We can amuse ourselves with speculation about some of the various threads. I'm dying to see what Ennis has planned for Ellery in terms of a token of affection. Also glad to see a strong female character enter the scene. Will she set foot in the Red Stallion? I think the chaps there might take to her, even if Ellery has a huge blind spot when it comes to women (which I find a little odd as most gay guys that I know have close female friends).

Loved Ellery reminding Ennis that if anyone knows about their bedroom habits it wasn't from Ellery that they heard it  ;D

Karen

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5204 on: October 09, 2006, 09:57:29 am »
Since I have sunk so deeply into Hugh Jackman fanitis I figured I could help all of you who haven't yet succumbed:

November 22 is the premiere of science-fiction fantasy "The Fountain" starring Rachel Weisz and Hugh, and has gotten mixed reviews from critics at the Toronto International Film Festival.  This is an "either you love it or you hate it" reaction, but one of the "love it" reviewers from the Chicago Tribune said it is "the rebirth of Hugh Jackman's career" and credits the success of the film largely to him.  The Fountain will receive the $25,000 Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Award, to be presented at the Hamptons International Film Festival, which takes place Oct. 18-22 on Long Island, New York; the cash prize is awarded to "a feature-length film that explores science and technology themes in fresh, innovative ways and depicts scientists and engineers in a realistic and compelling fashion".

October 30, "The Prestige" starring Hugh and Christian Bale, with Michael Caine, Scarlett Johannsen and David Bowie, has been extremely favorably reviewed, as a fantasy history period piece that "in some places, looks like Batman" according to a reviewer who gave it 5 1/2 stars out of 6.

And the DVD of X-Men 3: The Last Stand, starring, of course - Hugh, came out last week!

Hopefully tonight I will have some time to write the next chapter, and to complete screening of the Youtube sections of "Kate and Leopold."  My God does Hugh look great in those tight white riding pants.

And what has that to do with E & E?  It provides me inspiration in writing Ellery, of course.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5205 on: October 09, 2006, 10:15:09 am »
Louise, I checked and the domain name: www.hughnlou.com is available...for when you start creating your Hugh Jackman website.

Just so you know...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5206 on: October 09, 2006, 10:35:13 am »
IMHO if the LS was ever made into a movie, as it should be, that would do wonders for Hughs career. The fact that we,d get to see him in uniform and tiny cutoffs has got nothing to do with it. Has it June? ;) ;) ;) ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5207 on: October 09, 2006, 11:12:09 am »
IMHO if the LS was ever made into a movie, as it should be, that would do wonders for Hughs career. The fact that we,d get to see him in uniform and tiny cutoffs has got nothing to do with it. Has it June? ;) ;) ;) ;D
Nope nothing at all Souxi  ::)  ;D  :-*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5208 on: October 09, 2006, 12:16:05 pm »
Louise is at the store right now, buying melons and dishwashing liquid. Let's have a little treat for her when she gets back, shall we?

She admits to being mesmerized by these white pants.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #5209 on: October 09, 2006, 12:24:12 pm »
I kind of hte that movie, but Hugh is super yummy in it.  Then again...when is Hugh NOT super yummy?
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.