Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3133331 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4960 on: October 04, 2006, 09:25:31 am »
Dont you get me started on "those" dreams Leslie lol. I have em too, but I,m NOT printing em here lol. ;) ;) ;)
hehehe

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4961 on: October 04, 2006, 09:39:37 am »
SPOILER

Oh dear – being a bit frisky is one thing but Bunny goes way beyond that – and she knows Ennis is gay. As Ellery says she must see it as some sort of challenge. It’s cringe worthy, does Mel not see her behaviour. Did make me laugh to think of Ellery having to speak to Mel about warning her off.

Louise, she’s your creation, does she behave like this around all attractive men, or only the gay ones?

Or just our boys (which is perhaps understandable). ;D ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4962 on: October 04, 2006, 09:53:02 am »
you think I have any control over Bunny Ruskin?

She hopped onto the page one day and won't hop back off till she gets her claws into Ennis's tender and very gay flesh!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4963 on: October 04, 2006, 10:04:46 am »
you think I have any control over Bunny Ruskin?

She hopped onto the page one day and won't hop back off till she gets her claws into Ennis's tender and very gay flesh!

Well, she'll be hopping around a long time then, if Ennis (and Ellery for that matter) have anything to do with it.

Like the sound of "Ennis's tend and very gay flesh"......I got goosebumps when I read that. 

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4964 on: October 04, 2006, 10:23:24 am »
Mmmmm.... tender Ennis.

Sounds yummy  ;D

What sides would you have with that?

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #4965 on: October 04, 2006, 10:27:04 am »
One thing to bear in mind is that the Red Stallion is a semi-private club, and does not advertise itself as anything more than a "Men's Billiard and Drinking Club."  Therefore its signage is subtle, and the only thing it does advertise is "Billiards."  Ellery bought it as an aging, run-down billiard room and had it refurbished with a bar and kitchen.  It doesnt take much to fill it up.  The "back room" has the single pool table, jukebox, and four-person tables, and the front area has the bar, entryway, and hall leading to the bathrooms.  Ellery's (miniscule) office is behind the bar, and there is a small kitchen next to that which is also entered from behind the bar.

Are these the type of establishments you had in mind Louise?

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4966 on: October 04, 2006, 10:27:17 am »
*SIGH*  I would have LOVED to have seen Ennis like that.....all hot and wet and sweaty.......hehehe Who can blame Bunny Ruskin??!?  :P  Although I don't think I would have had the guts to actually touch him like she did!  ::)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4967 on: October 04, 2006, 10:40:56 am »
Are these the type of establishments you had in mind Louise?

This one meets the "has an upstairs apartment" criteria and doesn't look quite so decrepit.  It is in the "nice" part of town so it isn't quite as run-down as the Red Lips Bar.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4968 on: October 04, 2006, 10:49:48 am »
This one meets the "has an upstairs apartment" criteria and doesn't look quite so decrepit.  It is in the "nice" part of town so it isn't quite as run-down as the Red Lips Bar.

I agree Louise, I thought this one was the one that looked the most like what you described.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #4969 on: October 04, 2006, 10:50:06 am »

(Click to enlarge)

The above pic is an actual street in Laramie,WY, so the building where the Red Stallion is should look a bit like the ones in the pic, shouldn't it? Bar below, apartment above.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.