Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3126726 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4460 on: September 25, 2006, 10:18:38 am »
*dies laughing.*

I needed that, Jo. I really... needed that!
Oh Jo! This is hilarious!

Heee! I think Souxi's resigned herself to cold showers for Ennis, for now.... ;D
And I have.....for now..... :laugh:

8)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:39:28 am by Bigheart »

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4461 on: September 25, 2006, 10:43:07 am »
Oh Jo! This is hilarious!

Heee! I think Souxi's resigned herself to cold showers for Ennis, for now.... ;D
And I have.....for now..... :laugh:

8)

Hahahahhaa yes thank you for that Jo lol. Poor Ennis, ffs how long is this damn rib going to take to get better? If it,s not his back it,s something else. He doesnt have a very high opinion of himself does he?  :'( :'(

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #4462 on: September 25, 2006, 10:45:11 am »
Thanks all. What with all the high drama in Riverton (and elsewhere) we need a good laugh.

It has occurred to me that Ennis doesn't help matters (in terms of Ellery's peace of mind) when he mopes around looking all hang dog having been deprived for two days and keeps repeating how much he wants Ellery (in bed!). Ennis is very highly sexed and Ellery is aware of that. As well Ellery's and Ennis' insistence that they sleep together in the same bed also doesn't help the situation for either of them.

At this stage of the relationship their love is expressed predominantly through their physical interactions. I think Ellery is seeking emotional reassurance rather than needing sexual affirmation per se when he tries to keep the sex going through his pain. When we are sick and stressed is exactly the time when most of us need that emotional shoring up.

So 1. I don't think Ellery is necessarily just motivated by his fixation on being a sex object (though that may also very well come into it) and 2. Ennis is contributing to the problem.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #4463 on: September 25, 2006, 11:00:21 am »
Thanks all. What with all the high drama in Riverton (and elsewhere) we need a good laugh.

It has occurred to me that Ennis doesn't help matters (in terms of Ellery's peace of mind) when he mopes around looking all hang dog having been deprived for two days and keeps repeating how much he wants Ellery (in bed!). Ennis is very highly sexed and Ellery is aware of that. As well Ellery's and Ennis' insistence that they sleep together in the same bed also doesn't help the situation for either of them.

At this stage of the relationship their love is expressed predominantly through their physical interactions. I think Ellery is seeking emotional reassurance rather than needing sexual affirmation per se when he tries to keep the sex going through his pain. When we are sick and stressed is exactly the time when most of us need that emotional shoring up.

So 1. I don't think Ellery is necessarily just motivated by his fixation on being a sex object (though that may also very well come into it) and 2. Ennis is contributing to the problem.

Oh, I agree.  But Ennis's behavior and current sex-fixation is, Ithink, totally understandable.  This is the first time IN HIS LIFE that he's had a full-time partner that he desired, who was there ALL THE TIME and not just for occasional fishing trips.  He's not used to getting sex whenever he wants it (well, not the kind of sex that he really wants, anyway).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 03:33:08 pm by MadLori »
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4464 on: September 25, 2006, 11:05:39 am »
It sort of goes like this:

I really love you and care about you and man don't your ass look good and I don't want to do anything to hurt or stress you out oh god I want you right now and we should really just keep our hands to ourselves oh more a that *mrph* *grunt* *moan*

dammit.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

yb

« Reply #4465 on: September 25, 2006, 11:07:14 am »
I think in this chapter Ennis just shows Ellery that he can hold the sex until Ellery is well enough and reassures him that he loves him and is not going anywhere.  So, I hope it'll be the first step for Ellery to relax a bit and trust Ennis more as time goes.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4466 on: September 25, 2006, 11:10:37 am »
It sort of goes like this:

I really love you and care about you and man don't your ass look good and I don't want to do anything to hurt or stress you out oh god I want you right now and we should really just keep our hands to ourselves oh more a that *mrph* *grunt* *moan*

dammit.

Hahahah yep thats how it goes LOL. Seriously though Louise, just how long DO things like this take to get better? Ennis is going to be walking funny soon!!! :o :o :o :o

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4467 on: September 25, 2006, 11:13:35 am »
You have hit upon a central insecurity in Ellery's psychology, Lori.  And this is going to come to a head.

and WB!!!

Ooo... Louise - this sounds ominious! Like Ellery (or Ennis) are going to be driven to do something silly because of it. Sorry for my ignorance but what does WB stand for (this being the first forum I've ever really been involved in)?

Thanks for fixing my post.

Karen

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4468 on: September 25, 2006, 11:13:47 am »
Highly variable.  It depends upon how far the dislocation goes when it first pops out.  He will be much better in a week if he rests.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4469 on: September 25, 2006, 11:15:54 am »
I think in this chapter Ennis just shows Ellery that he can hold the sex until Ellery is well enough and reassures him that he loves him and is not going anywhere.  So, I hope it'll be the first step for Ellery to relax a bit and trust Ennis more as time goes.

I hope so too. Hope it will be a good first step in the right direction for both of them.