Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3160099 times)

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4590 on: September 27, 2006, 11:17:52 am »
Ellery was talking about the night Beagle called him from the apartment and told him he had just fucked Rudy and Ennis had to restrain him physically from going up to the apartment armed and chasing them off with his gun.

Oh yes of course!  It's so clear to me now.  Thanks for that Louise.  He really wasnt messing then, was he?

yb

« Reply #4591 on: September 27, 2006, 11:20:30 am »
Oh, that.  But do you think Ennis would make the connection immediately?

Back to Jr, I don't remember the situation but there was a chapter where I think Ellery was hurt or something and all Jr cared about was whether Ellery will still keep his promise to leave her the car.  At that time I thought she had said she likes Ellery, but all she cared was the car.

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4592 on: September 27, 2006, 11:25:03 am »
I remember one from when I was a child, that would fit that moron Curt, but I don't know how to spell it.  Sounds like:
"Lummel"

Maybe Juni could explain?   :)
Well "lummel" is kind of a sweet word for a harmless guy.
Now "lul" is Dutch slang for cock, which is also used if you really think some guy is an asshole!
"klooien" would be something like "faffing around"
And I call Junior a "trut" - it's a bit like bitch but not quite as nasty  :D

;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4593 on: September 27, 2006, 11:28:01 am »
Ellery was talking about the night Beagle called him from the apartment and told him he had just fucked Rudy and Ennis had to restrain him physically from going up to the apartment armed and chasing them off with his gun.
Oh Yes! *smacks forhead* I totally forgot about that!  ::)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4594 on: September 27, 2006, 11:28:41 am »
Ahhhh.... of course!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4595 on: September 27, 2006, 11:32:44 am »
Hi Everyone

Just been playing catch up on the thread, having a great laugh at all the words and terms that have been introduced today!  Being a Brit, I knew the ones Souxi mentioned.  I dont know if you know this Souxi, but up North, particular in the area I'm from, the word "cock" is a term of endearment?   :laugh:  Honestly, people use it all the time.  You hear it all the time on Coronation Street.  I know that Ennis and Ellery would most definitely like the idea of "cock" being a term of endearment!  ;)

SPOILER

Wonderful chapters you've given us lately Louise, and I loved Ellery's face to face chat with Junior, I love it when Ellery gets all professional.  I dont know about Ennis, but I was getting all riled up just reading it!   ;D

Cant wait for Ellery to get better, so they can have some sweet, hot tender loving again.

Yes Christie I did know that about the word cock even though I,m a southener lol. ;D Yes I,d like it if they used the term cock in an endearing way too lol. I love it when Ellery gets all professional and masterful lol. Oh btw Louise, in chapter 64, when Ennis gets back to the room and Ellery is alseep, he,s looking down at him, laying there, with his lovely long hair on his pillow,*SIGH* sorry I digress lol, and Ennis is thinking about how beautifull Ellery is? Which of course he is. Any chance Ennis could tell him that during a tender moment please? That would be lovely, and me and June and everyone else would probably melt into great big puddles if he did that. *SIGH* again lol. :P :P :P

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4596 on: September 27, 2006, 11:40:06 am »
Hi Everyone

Just been playing catch up on the thread, having a great laugh at all the words and terms that have been introduced today!  Being a Brit, I knew the ones Souxi mentioned.  I dont know if you know this Souxi, but up North, particular in the area I'm from, the word "cock" is a term of endearment?   :laugh:  Honestly, people use it all the time.  You hear it all the time on Coronation Street.  I know that Ennis and Ellery would most definitely like the idea of "cock" being a term of endearment!  ;)

SPOILER

Wonderful chapters you've given us lately Louise, and I loved Ellery's face to face chat with Junior, I love it when Ellery gets all professional.  I dont know about Ennis, but I was getting all riled up just reading it!   ;D

Cant wait for Ellery to get better, so they can have some sweet, hot tender loving again.

We also used to use "cock" as meaning the top, the best, for example "He's the cock of the school" meaning he was the top man. I love this word, it's SO expressive!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4597 on: September 27, 2006, 11:42:10 am »
Well "lummel" is kind of a sweet word for a harmless guy.
Now "lul" is Dutch slang for cock, which is also used if you really think some guy is an asshole!
"klooien" would be something like "faffing around"
And I call Junior a "trut" - it's a bit like bitch but not quite as nasty  :D

;D

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

okay, i have another: asshole that could also be a 'klootzak' or 'smeerlap'
and junior is definitely being a 'kreng' (although is have to say, i do feel a bit sorry for her. She thought daddy and Ellery were going to be her 'knights in shining armour' but that's not going to happen) so 'kreng' is maybe too strong

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4598 on: September 27, 2006, 11:58:03 am »
We also used to use "cock" as meaning the top, the best, for example "He's the cock of the school" meaning he was the top man. I love this word, it's SO expressive!

And cock of the walk. That's the way I have always heard it although it seems to be an older expression, one my grandmother would use.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4599 on: September 27, 2006, 12:04:14 pm »
And with this, we reach 4600 magnificient posts, folks! 5000 is in our sights!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!