Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3145253 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #3990 on: September 17, 2006, 03:14:34 am »
Good morning fellow Ennis and Ellery fanatics! Well it,s a lovely foggy day today in the UK so I,m hoping for lots of "our boys" to brighten my day please Louise. ;D btw, you do realise we expect you to type in your sleep dont you? ;) ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 03:21:30 am by souxi »

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #3991 on: September 17, 2006, 03:48:12 am »
It's amazing how names that not so long ago meant nothing now jump out at you. Last week we were driving round near where we used live and I did a double take as we passed Ennis Street. Then just today we went for drive up the coast as we have done many times before and at a certain favourite destination my head swivelled round. Yes - there was Del Mar Drive. There is no escaping this man!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3992 on: September 17, 2006, 04:56:03 am »
Hey MagicMountain, actually I'm a Londoner born and bred.... but having spent many years working with Aussies and Kiwi's (who became great friends) their nickname for me kinda stuck.

Karen

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3993 on: September 17, 2006, 06:48:15 am »
okay folkeses, I'm up and around again... back in the coal mines!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3994 on: September 17, 2006, 08:33:28 am »
Update to "The Long Way Home"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/114870.html  "Chapter 46:  Together, Apart"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #3995 on: September 17, 2006, 08:34:20 am »
It's amazing how names that not so long ago meant nothing now jump out at you. Last week we were driving round near where we used live and I did a double take as we passed Ennis Street. Then just today we went for drive up the coast as we have done many times before and at a certain favourite destination my head swivelled round. Yes - there was Del Mar Drive. There is no escaping this man!
Hehe, no there isn't!
When I was in The States a few weeks ago my friend and I passed a sign with a town on it called "Ennis" That was so bizarre! We wanted to go there but sadly didn't have the time.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #3996 on: September 17, 2006, 08:42:50 am »
Update to "The Long Way Home"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/114870.html  "Chapter 46:  Together, Apart"
Whoooooooo!
Off to read!
 :-*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3997 on: September 17, 2006, 08:52:48 am »
Whoooooooo!
Off to read!
 :-*

Deep insightful posts like that, with thoughtful responses like this, will get us to 4000 posts in no time. Thirteen to go!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

yb

« Reply #3998 on: September 17, 2006, 09:00:48 am »
OK, I'll contribute to the cause.

Talking about no escaping of Ennis Del Mar, have you guys watched Lords of Dogtown?  After discovering Heath Ledger, I began to search for his previous movies.  When I was watching Lords of Dogtown, a road sign suddenly caught my attention when the group of skateboarders was going to another city for competition, the road sign read 'Del Mar Beach', it was such a funny feeling to see this name on another movie.

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #3999 on: September 17, 2006, 09:41:18 am »
I've got a really good one for y'all.  I live in an awesome active adult community in central Florida called The Villages.  Living here is kind of like a Disney World for seniors.  It's a huge town, spanning into 3 counties and is comprised of numerous neighborhoods (villages) each with its own name.  Not only do we have a Del Mar Drive, we also have a Village Del Mar.  I thought that was cool.
Technically, I am not even close to old enough to live here, but got in early due to my disabled Veteran status.  I love living here!  It's nick named 'Florida's Friendliest Hometown.'  We have TWO Town Squares, a bunch of pools, golf courses, restaurants, shopping, several country clubs, and a performing arts center.  Homes and villas range from the mid- $100,000's up to $1.3 million.
You can find out how special this place is on their website, if'n you want:
http://www.thevillages.com/index2.htm
Sorry if I got a little OT there.  I've never lived anywhere as good as here, and I've done a LOT of moving (12 years USN, active duty.)
Have a great Sunday!
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"