Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3170593 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4080 on: September 19, 2006, 06:09:37 pm »
Does anyone else think this candystriper looks a whole lot like actress/comedienne Amy Poehler? Could this indeed be her?

LOL I thought the exact same thing... :o
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #4081 on: September 19, 2006, 06:10:35 pm »
Francine is blond

Yeah, and I picture her not quite as sweet... there is just something about that girl that recalls the whole popular high school cheerleader for me...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4082 on: September 19, 2006, 06:20:45 pm »
You want cheerleader ..well.. ;D

Offline opinionista

« Reply #4083 on: September 19, 2006, 06:22:09 pm »
This is Kirsten Dunst, but the way she looks in this picture in particular is more or less like I imagine Francine, but with brown eyes. Too bad Matilda Ledger is still a baby. She'll be the perfect candidate to play the part!

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4084 on: September 19, 2006, 06:23:03 pm »
But Francine is blonde. (is that you in the pic?)

I had someone in mind who looked abit like Alma Jr ..
and .. That's not me Natali ..  :) 

Offline opinionista

« Reply #4085 on: September 19, 2006, 06:24:28 pm »
oh my gorsh!  We haven't got a Francine or a Bill Jr!

You haven't told us how old is Bill Jr., have you?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4086 on: September 19, 2006, 06:33:33 pm »
Francine is a female version of Ennis, and it is possible the young Kirstin Dunst could probably suit.  Blond, brown eyes, with that nearly-expressionless slight smile that gives her momma the willies!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4087 on: September 19, 2006, 06:34:45 pm »
Ooh, I've never seen this pic before...this is a very LS Ennis, don't you think?

I totally agree Lori!  Wow, can just imagine him stood at the jukebox in the Red Stallion looking just like that (does the Red Stallion have a jukebox?).  No wonder he gets called Buttercup so often.  ;)

Btw, I have this pic in a BBM German pressbook I got off ebay - I actually only received it yesterday in fact, and I've been staring at it ever since! lol It has some wonderful pics I've never seen anywhere else before - including one of Ang Lee, dressed like Jack Twist! He has that gorgeous green coat of his on and everything.

Sorry, that was all o/t.  :-X

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4088 on: September 19, 2006, 06:36:44 pm »
Thank you, Lori, for planting the beginning of a devilish little idea in Louise's head.  I like the way she worked it in to the Saga! ;) Teamwork, what a wonderful concept!

Welcome to Christie and other new readers of the Laramie Saga.  Glad you could join us here.  It's a lot of fun!

Thanks for the welcome Laurel.  Its great to be here.  I hope to catch up a little on the thread now I'm all caught up on LS.   It does seem a great place to be.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4089 on: September 19, 2006, 06:38:14 pm »
Btw, I have this pic in a BBM German pressbook I got off ebay - I actually only received it yesterday in fact, and I've been staring at it ever since! lol It has some wonderful pics I've never seen anywhere else before - including one of Ang Lee, dressed like Jack Twist! He has that gorgeous green coat of his on and everything.

Sorry, that was all o/t.  :-X

Err..Christie ..could you scan all the pics from that pressbook and post here?  :D
Ok..not all the pics, but a few..
Ok..even one would be fine ..;)