Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2172659 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3470 on: January 07, 2009, 01:26:10 am »

Morning David.

Apparently, someone said yesterday that NJ is supposed to have an ice storm later this evening.  We shall see.

It ended up not being too bad here. The roads were icy early this morning but quickly melted by noon. Then it started slushing. There was actually slush falling out of the sky. It was really weird looking. But it melted soon after it landed on the ground so it wasn't an issue for us. It was really strange looking though. :D

Hopefully it won't be bad for New Jersey either!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3471 on: January 07, 2009, 01:29:10 am »
The one I got emits some kind of ? -- laser, maybe ? -- I got it at the grocery store and it was close to 20.00. I think the TV one emits some kind of vibration throughout the walls. I've never had one of those, so I don't know whether they work or not.

I had seen a mouse in my bedroom!! So I plugged one in in there and I haven't seen or heard him since. No signs either.  :) The only thing--you have to have one for each room because the laser or whatever won't go through walls. I will probably one at a time until all rooms are covered.

They must work then. You bought it in a grocery store? What is the name of the device? Maybe I can find some of those around here.

The ones I've seen at Walgreens, etc. is the kind that supposedly goes through the wires of the house. They said you need to have one for each floor. I technically have three floors - the main floor, and upstairs and a basement. I suppose I would have to put on on each floor, including the basement, otherwise the mise would simply run down there and then Cory would be infested with mice! He wouldn't like that! :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3472 on: January 07, 2009, 02:03:42 am »
No, I am a singer

I'm sorry Scott. I knew you were a singer, but for some reason I started wondering if maybe you played the cello too. It's not very often one comes across a fellow cellist on the Internet, at least not on boards like Bettermost. :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3473 on: January 07, 2009, 02:05:09 am »
no, but you gave me an idea for a new thread!

Really? Once you create it send me the link so I can check it out, okay? Or you can post it here! Or both! :)

injest

« Reply #3474 on: January 07, 2009, 02:07:30 am »
Really? Once you create it send me the link so I can check it out, okay? Or you can post it here! Or both! :)

no

just kidding!!  ;D ;D

I will!

:-* :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3475 on: January 07, 2009, 02:34:11 am »
>:( >:(

;) :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3476 on: January 07, 2009, 02:36:32 am »
Hi Berit!! :-*

I hope Sweden isn't too cold right now. I've been hearing from people in Belgium and Holland, and they tell me it's very cold in those countries. Sweden is even further north, so I hope you are at least coping and I hope things will begin warming up soon! :D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3477 on: January 07, 2009, 05:13:47 am »
What is the name of the device?

I've thrown away the packaging, and I don't remember, but I'll look the next time I'm in the store.  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3478 on: January 07, 2009, 10:43:22 am »
It ended up not being too bad here. The roads were icy early this morning but quickly melted by noon. Then it started slushing. There was actually slush falling out of the sky. It was really weird looking. But it melted soon after it landed on the ground so it wasn't an issue for us. It was really strange looking though. :D

Hopefully it won't be bad for New Jersey either!

Hiya David.

Wasn't bad at all.  There were some icy areas, but by the time I had to go to work, it was up to 37 degrees, and raining, so the ice was melting.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3479 on: January 08, 2009, 02:04:31 am »

Hiya David.

Wasn't bad at all.  There were some icy areas, but by the time I had to go to work, it was up to 37 degrees, and raining, so the ice was melting.

Well, that's good to hear. :)

We got some more snow tonight! The streets are all covered in white. The snow never stays around here for very long. Two or three days at the most and then it's gone until the next snowfall comes around. :-\

Which if FINE by me because I'm not much of a winter person to begin with! I'd just as soon see it stay warm all year long.