Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2631028 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3170 on: December 17, 2007, 04:24:00 pm »

she called out today, so I don't have to slap her!

She's probably scared of you. That's why she called out.  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3171 on: December 17, 2007, 04:29:08 pm »
She's probably scared of you. That's why she called out.  :laugh:

she should be!  I'll slap her silly!

Chuck>>><<<Coworker

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3172 on: December 17, 2007, 07:08:58 pm »

I  will, and i will tell her what a lovely picture you put up of her too....OMFG,,,,

lort.....

Beautiful mind

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3173 on: December 17, 2007, 10:03:18 pm »
Thank you Rich, my brother, it was worth the wait.
You have no idea the truth you speak. All along this journey I have wondered why. Why didn't I come out sooner, why did this have to happen like this. It happend this way because this is how it was supposed to.
I couldn't have started this journey without Ennis and Jack and i couldn't have made it this far without my family here at bettermost. There is a time for every season under heaven and I believe that.
Thank you Truman for being my friend, my Big Brother and confidant.
 Thank you for coming and sharing  my life for a few days and sharing it with our family here!
Those memories will be in my heart and mind forever!
 :-*

"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3174 on: December 17, 2007, 11:28:39 pm »

I  will, and i will tell her what a lovely picture you put up of her too....OMFG,,,,

lort.....

I recognize that place where the picture of Michelle was taken. It's Mel's Diner!!! I sure do have good memories of that place. Remember when we all went there that very first night after going to Sundance. For some reason I still remember those little plates of things they kept bringing out to Rich  ;D I think Janice said they were side orders or something like that.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3175 on: December 18, 2007, 01:53:27 am »

We had our first meal there on Friday night.  With me, Michelle, Jack, Bay City John, Truman, and Eric.  Then Michelle and I had our last meal, breakfast there as
well, on Sunday afternoon.
       Rich ordered everything ala carte...hehehe
       Jack no shells..... ;D      That little delicacy was saved for the next night at
the hotel... Grilled crab sandwich with mozarella and shells.

Beautiful mind

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3176 on: December 18, 2007, 08:48:04 am »
The nights are so long, and those quiet hours I have come to see as a gift. Time to try and sort it out, and I have learned in the wee hours you have to sit up right for it to make sense.

Today I am setting in motion a series of event that is going to change things for me. For 8 years now I have been a realtor, and I can feel on an emotive level I am at the end of that career. My license expires at the end of the month, nearly $500 in professional dues are due, and I just cannot muster the gumption to do it any more.

The market in my area is terrible. We have had the highest unemployment rate in the state for a decade and with the subprime loan industry crashing there simply is not enough business to go around. I have not sold a house since August, have not had a closing since September. I make enough to live on by doing property management, but that has turned me into an asshole. Constant, never ending babysitting, always on, always on standby for some emergency.

So today I will let them know this time it is for real, start contacting friends to see if there are any openings where they draw a paycheck. The very fact I am going this route fills me with hope and relief. It is going to be alright. I've done it before. I've washed dishes, and I am in better shape than I was last time I had to. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

karen1129

« Reply #3177 on: December 18, 2007, 09:07:06 am »
Truman, sometimes you have to make a change.  You need a little bit of passion for what you do for a living.
Networking is the best way to find a job.  You have friends and you will find something.
It will all work out.

K

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3178 on: December 18, 2007, 09:25:11 am »

If you lighten your heart..Thats what matters.  If you have to work, and people do.  Why not make it something
that you enjoy instead of dread every day...even if it is just washing dishes...but i know you will find something you
like better.

Beautiful mind

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #3179 on: December 18, 2007, 09:28:46 am »
Truman, good for you for having the courage to leave something you hate, and start something new.  Scary and exciting at the same time.