Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 972932 times)

injest

Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #3770 on: September 23, 2007, 06:40:17 am »
power of the mind huh?

yep, probably. So what are you and Bryan gonna be up to today? He may make you work since you were sick last weekend!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3771 on: September 23, 2007, 06:44:48 am »
power of the mind huh?

yep, probably. So what are you and Bryan gonna be up to today? He may make you work since you were sick last weekend!

Yup the power of the mind!

Gonna be pickin the last a the apples from the tree ... maybe mowing the lawn (that hasn't been done in 2 months)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #3772 on: September 23, 2007, 06:49:13 am »
well the boys goofed yesterday. Guess they aren't quite as grown as they pretend...

told me they were going alligator hunting (in a CANOE!) but instead they went on a ride up the river...wearing nothing but cut off jeans. I told you I got a sunburn? the sun was strong yesterday...so combine no clothes, the sun, and the reflection off the water..and they BLISTERED. by the time they realized it, they were too far from the truck to get back by dark...They were just sick when they got home. We put lotion on them but their skin was so bad on the shoulders it just sucked up the lotion. I bet we used half a bottle on them. Gave them some aspirin and sent them to bed.

Poor babies...

::) ::)

injest

« Reply #3773 on: September 23, 2007, 06:49:50 am »
Yup the power of the mind!

Gonna be pickin the last a the apples from the tree ... maybe mowing the lawn (that hasn't been done in 2 months)

TWO MONTHS!!!

tsk tsk....

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3774 on: September 23, 2007, 06:52:10 am »
Well there's hardly been any rain! and when it rains it pours! so the grass is brown ... but after 2 months, it's also getting weedy.

Bryan hadn't been giving the garden much time either, since "Alberta"
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #3775 on: September 23, 2007, 06:55:25 am »
Well there's hardly been any rain! and when it rains it pours! so the grass is brown ... but after 2 months, it's also getting weedy.

Bryan hadn't been giving the garden much time either, since "Alberta"

dreadfully neglecting it huh? Want me to send him a strongly worded email?  :laugh: :laugh:

it is about the end of your growing season isn't it?

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3776 on: September 23, 2007, 07:06:19 am »
The growing season's been over for a while

It'll be thanksgiving in 3 week.

Looking over the coming week ... Tuesday's a big cultural day. It's the anniversary of the first display of the franco-ontarian flag. Got activities planned for the day (which can be done anytime during the week)

You might have noticed I was wearing that flag on my t-shirst on the Alberta pics I directed you to, earlier this (last?) week (underneath the Ennis-like shirt). T-shirt's got a bar code on it, showing that I am a franco-ontarien 'product' - got nutritional values and everything - the bar code number is the date of the first showing of the flag - 1976-09-25. - T-shirt was created by the real smart folks at my school board - only one in the province making great T's - they're selling em eveywhere now, just one year after they started makin em...

but I digress ...

Also this week, got an in-service on Friday - Another one of those odd weeks

injest

« Reply #3777 on: September 23, 2007, 07:10:51 am »
The growing season's been over for a while

It'll be thanksgiving in 3 week.

Looking over the coming week ... Tuesday's a big cultural day. It's the anniversary of the first display of the franco-ontarian flag. Got activities planned for the day (which can be done anytime during the week)

You might have noticed I was wearing that flag on my t-shirst on the Alberta pics I directed you to, earlier this (last?) week (underneath the Ennis-like shirt). T-shirt's got a bar code on it, showing that I am a franco-ontarien 'product' - got nutritional values and everything - the bar code number is the date of the first showing of the flag - 1976-09-25. - T-shirt was created by the real smart folks at my school board - only one in the province making great T's - they're selling em eveywhere now, just one year after they started makin em...

but I digress ...

Also this week, got an in-service on Friday - Another one of those odd weeks

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and what are your nutritional value?? how many calories per serving there??  :-X :-X

I did recognize the Fleur de lis? but not the other half of the flag you were wearing..

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3778 on: September 23, 2007, 07:40:20 am »
Flag represents the two flowers of what I am - french and ontarian

Colours represent summer (green) - hope, celebrating our growth, survival, in spite of the realities of being overwhelmed by anglos

White represents our winters - and the sheer blank lack of understanding extended by non francophones in this province. Our history is strife with attempts to 'exterminate' or assimilate us. We finally got funding for french high schools just at the time when I was reaching high school. 5 years before I graduated, less than 10% of francophones had completed their high school education, while the average for the province was over 50%. Even in heavily 'french' populated parts of the province, nearly all teachers were french, nearly all students were french, but the language of education was english!

And the battle still continues. About 15 years ago we finally got french colleges in this province (some classes were being taught in french, but the colleges were english). And we still haven't, to this day, got our own french university in Ontatrio - not one! Sure there's the universtity of Ottawa & the Sudbury university (Laurentienne), but they teach some classes in french and some in english. In the 70's, when I went to Ottawa U., about 40% of the student body was french, as were about 75% of my classes.

As little as 7 years ago, the much hated conservative government of Ontario, in an attempt to reduce health cost, closed a bunch of hospitals (including one that usta be a walking distance from my house). Among the planned closures was the ONLY french speaking educational hospital west of Québec. The battle to keep Montfort open is quite a moving episode in our history, and thanks to the courts and the charter of rights (which has also been catalistic in allowing gay mariages in Canada), the hospital Montfort is still a thriving institute today.

The significance of the white on the flag is important, cause non-francos just don't have a clue! Their awareness is truly blank-like.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 07:57:50 am by Sheriff Roland »

injest

« Reply #3779 on: September 23, 2007, 08:00:55 am »
I appreciate how enthusiastic you are about keeping the French heritage alive, Roland. That is what all people need. to have that commitment. and caring.

would be nice if more people put the effort in on things they believe in..