Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 999080 times)

Offline fritzkep

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #4030 on: October 13, 2007, 01:38:09 am »
I hate computer problems! Computers need to be like TVs...just push the button and go!

Sharon has a blog...that is where she hangs out when she is not posting pictures!

Hope you have a great time in SC. I meant to ask you. (and I probably knew this at some point but my mind isn't all it could be) but were you born here or in Germany? You work for the German government right?

Born and raised in New Orleans, but I studied German in school, and we have relatives over there, though I'm the only one in the family on this side of the Atlantic who speaks it. And I do work for the German government, for over 30 years now.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #4031 on: October 13, 2007, 03:01:59 am »
I ain't GOT no happy face!!

how are you these days, Dottie?

I'm OK, but sometimes I get blindsided, like dinner the other night, I had made fresh tomato soup and decided to make BLTS to go with.  Whenever I fry bacon I always make a piece for each dog as a special treat.  It wasn't until I was doling out this treat that I realized I had made a piece for Bailey without even thinking about.  Brought on the tears again.  But I am doing OK.  I know we did the right thing for her I just miss her so much.  :'(  but I;m trying ...hence my happy face comment  :-\
Life is not a dress rehearsal

injest

« Reply #4032 on: October 13, 2007, 07:46:25 am »
I'm OK, but sometimes I get blindsided, like dinner the other night, I had made fresh tomato soup and decided to make BLTS to go with.  Whenever I fry bacon I always make a piece for each dog as a special treat.  It wasn't until I was doling out this treat that I realized I had made a piece for Bailey without even thinking about.  Brought on the tears again.  But I am doing OK.  I know we did the right thing for her I just miss her so much.  :'(  but I;m trying ...hence my happy face comment  :-\

S*** that is hard. I am sorry, poor Dottie. I know you are still having moments. I had a cat that passed away almost seven years ago and I still miss him.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4033 on: October 13, 2007, 12:42:49 pm »
A pet becomes a member of your family. Sometimes people who have not had a pet this close to them do not realize how much it hurst to loose one. I understand what you are going through. It's very hard to deal with. After loosing a pet it took me several years to ever get another one. People said I needed to, but I felt like I would be trying to replace him. Finally, two years ago, someone I work with brought in this small black shiny kitten who had come to their door in the middle of a big rain storm. The kitten jumped in her car when she was getting ready to leave for work. She took it back to the porch and it beat her back to the car. I came in that morning and the kitten was sitting on her lap looking at the computer. I ended up getting him. He was starving and incredibly tired. I opened some food for him and he practically attacked it. It was like he had not eaten for days. Then he went upstairs, jumped on the bed and stayed there sleeping for almost two days. I don't think I have ever seen a kitten that tired, but he was determined to find a home and he sure did find one. He is now a 15 pound, all muscle cat and is the blackest cat I have ever seen.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #4034 on: October 13, 2007, 05:52:39 pm »
I ain't GOT no happy face!!

how are you these days, Dottie?

I love that kitty face

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #4035 on: October 13, 2007, 11:06:50 pm »
Jack, I had to go out the next day...now I realize I was in some kind of grief stage...I spent almost six..maybe seven hours driving up and down looking for a kitten with white paws...looked at almost sixty kittens..

I just couldn't stand not having a cat in the house.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #4036 on: October 14, 2007, 02:54:17 am »

I'll take me some of that kind of attention... Yooo Hooo Bob, honey  ::)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

injest

« Reply #4037 on: October 14, 2007, 07:14:16 am »
hey! no nekkid people in the Grill!

except on National Nudists Day!

morning, Dottie!!!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #4038 on: October 14, 2007, 07:40:32 am »
Bon dimanche Jess.

Ça va bien aujourd'hui?
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #4039 on: October 14, 2007, 07:47:56 am »
bonjour, Roland!

I am sleepy and planning on going back to bed in a little while!

:laugh: :laugh:

how are you this morning?