Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9341803 times)

Online Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12440 on: October 05, 2013, 07:44:49 am »

Rah rah!

They're on my blog today because yesterday was a "rah rah" day for work, which is why I wasn't here yesterday.   We left work at 4, went to the event (which was at NJPAC), stayed there until just after 7:30, then had to run home, change and go bowling.  Then I woke up today realizing it's 7am, I overslept!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

What is this, some foreign language??

I don't understand ANY of this!!!

What the hell is rah rah??? ??? ???

And NJPAC???

Never Join People At Cavalry?

Naked Jack Pays Attention to Condoms?

New Job Proves Anything Crucial?

Next Journey Passes  Aisle of Condiments?

English is bad enough, but rahrahish is impossible to understand, Chuck!  >:(

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Online Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12441 on: October 05, 2013, 07:48:25 am »
Sorry about your car, Chuck.

And the unexpected and unwelcome impact on your Madrid plans... :( :( :(

Hope your father gets well soon!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12442 on: October 05, 2013, 09:00:32 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Oh, I was tired last night!!!  I went to bed before 10PM, which I NEVER do on a Friday!  I did manage to get the apartment vacuumed last night before I passed out, and let me tell you, it needed it! :laugh: 

This Tuesday is my team's night to provide music for the bowling, so I'm thinking three CDs of parody songs......Start with Michael Jackson's "Beat It" and then move on to Weird Al's "Eat It".  Things like that.

Today I have a co-ed baby shower to go to, and then Sunday is laundry day.

How is everyone else?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12443 on: October 05, 2013, 09:06:30 am »
What the hell is rah rah??? ??? ???

And NJPAC???

NJPAC = New Jersey Performing Arts Center.

"rah rah" is an expression regarding cheerleaders at football games.  They get the crowd worked up in between plays.   When a company does something to get its workers/employees worked up, big events of some sort, they're called "rah rah days".

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Online Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12444 on: October 05, 2013, 09:27:46 am »
I see. Thanks for explaining, Chuck. Never heard it before.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12445 on: October 05, 2013, 05:52:00 pm »
OUCH!...OUCH!.....OUCH!

I hate paying for car repairs.....the only good feeling you get, is that what you have just paid for, is probably not gonna break again too soon.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12446 on: October 06, 2013, 11:56:07 am »
Chuck, don't know if you saw this on MSN:

Madonna reveals she was raped during early days in NYC

Oct. 4, 2013, 4:34 PM EST
Entertainment Tonight.

Though Madonna has touched briefly in earlier interviews on being a victim of rape, the pop icon goes into chilling detail about the incident in her 20s for an upcoming issue of Harper's Bazaar.

The horrible incident dates back to when Madonna had just arrived in New York City in the late '70s, intending to begin her career as a professional dancer. Within her first year, an armed man forced her to engage in a sex act and she was the victim of multiple break-ins.

"New York wasn't everything I thought it would be," she writes. "It did not welcome me with open arms. The first year, I was held up at gunpoint. Raped on the roof of a building I was dragged up to with a knife in my back, and had my apartment broken into three times. I don't know why; I had nothing of value after they took my radio the first time."

"Scared s**tless" by the city, she says an indestructible drive to become an artist carried her through her roughest years in NYC.

"This wasn't anything I prepared for in Rochester, Michigan. Trying to be a professional dancer, paying my rent by posing nude for art classes, staring at people staring at me naked. Daring them to think of me as anything but a form they were trying to capture with their pencils and charcoal. I was defiant. Hell-bent on surviving. On making it. But it was hard and it was lonely, and I had to dare myself every day to keep going. Sometimes I would play the victim and cry in my shoe box of a bedroom with a window that faced a wall, watching the pigeons [expletive] on my windowsill. And I wondered if it was all worth it, but then I would pull myself together and look at a postcard of Frida Kahlo taped to my wall, and the sight of her mustache consoled me. Because she was an artist who didn't care what people thought. I admired her. She was daring. People gave her a hard time. Life gave her a hard time. If she could do it, then so could I."

Now 55 and celebrating 30 years in the business, Madonna also explores a very big turning point in her life, when she decided to adopt her a son, David, from Africa.

"I didn't know that trying to adopt a child was going to land me in another s**t storm. But it did. I was accused of kidnapping, child trafficking, using my celebrity muscle to jump ahead in the line, bribing government officials, witchcraft, you name it," she remembers. "This was an eye-opening experience. A real low point in my life. I could get my head around people giving me a hard time for simulating masturbation onstage or publishing my Sex book, even kissing Britney Spears at an awards show, but trying to save a child's life was not something I thought I would be punished for. Friends tried to cheer me up by telling me to think of it all as labor pains that we all have to go through when we give birth. This was vaguely comforting. In any case, I got through it. I survived."

To read Madonna's entire essay for Harper's Bazaar's November issue, which also delves into the subject of her famous exes, head on over to Harpersbazaar.com.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12447 on: October 06, 2013, 12:12:25 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

How are you all today?

I've decided to scrap the parody theme for the CDs for bowling this week.  I spent a good amount of time searching various sites, and don't have the time to find enough songs to fill three CDs.  I just go with some popular music now, a mix of styles, and work on the theme for next time.

Co-Ed baby shower to attend today, and then I need to replace my work shoes, they are in bad condition and I really need a new pair.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12448 on: October 06, 2013, 12:17:29 pm »
I see. Thanks for explaining, Chuck. Never heard it before.

You're welcome, darlin'!  ;D

OUCH!...OUCH!.....OUCH!

I hate paying for car repairs.....the only good feeling you get, is that what you have just paid for, is probably not gonna break again too soon.......

Car repairs suck!  Ugh!  Oh well, not much I can do about it.

Chuck, don't know if you saw this on MSN:

Madonna reveals she was raped during early days in NYC

Oct. 4, 2013, 4:34 PM EST
Entertainment Tonight.

Though Madonna has touched briefly in earlier interviews on being a victim of rape, the pop icon goes into chilling detail about the incident in her 20s for an upcoming issue of Harper's Bazaar.

Hiya Mandy.  I hadn't heard the whole story, but she has said in prior interviews that she was raped, so it isn't a surprise.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12449 on: October 08, 2013, 06:15:25 am »
  Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is doing well!   Monday passed by without any major issues, so I'm happy about that!  LOL

Bowling night tonight, and it's my team's night to supply the music.   I have three CDs ready to go.

Next Monday is Columbus Day, a day off of work!  ;D